Bliss Haven cabin deck 17 or 18? Which would you prefer?

I see pro's and con's for both, can't make up my mind. Both Courtyard Penthouse's, 17 has larger balcony but since this is early season Alaska I don't think we will be out there too long. Please tell me your experiences and preferences. 

Thanks,Candy

We have done both and found no clear preference. It's nice on 18 to be right across from the Haven Restaurant and on 17 it's nice to have easy access to the Horizon Lounge. We would be happy with either one.

• Like 2

I stayed on Deck15 Aft, large corner balcony.  It wasn't in Haven Proper, but the walk down the hallway, then two flights of stairs up ( ( didn't want to use elevators) was not bad. Aft balcony would be a great place to sail thru Alaska.  AND..not being in Haven proper, you can have "new friends" hang out on the balcony without getting permission .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I stayed on Deck15 Aft, large corner balcony.  It wasn't in Haven Proper, but the walk down the hallway, then two flights of stairs up ( ( didn't want to use elevators) was not bad. Aft balcony would be a great place to sail thru Alaska.  AND..not being in Haven proper, you can have "new friends" hang out on the balcony without getting permission .

Absolutely the correct answer! 

Yes the OP did say deck 17 or 18 BUT... I like your answer.  I always book a deck 9 aft-facing PH.  It's the best PH balcony on this class of ship.  Next choice would be deck 12 then deck 15.  All have two loungers(sometimes more) and a dining table with chairs. Of course the views are excellent. All are a little ways from the Haven you really won't miss it.  You have your own coffee maker, butler, and Haven/dining room room service.

6 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Yes, we love an aft balcony and have already done Alaska in one in 2022.This was a question for Haven proper since this will be the first time staying in the courtyard  instead of Haven aft.

We sailed on 18 and could look right down into the longer balconies on 17. Seemed uncomfortable to us. Also liked having the restaurant on the same level and the fancy stairs down to the lounge/bar area. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sjacobs11 said:

We sailed on 18 and could look right down into the longer balconies on 17. Seemed uncomfortable to us. Also liked having the restaurant on the same level and the fancy stairs down to the lounge/bar area. 

Thank you! That's the kind of thing I wanted to hear.It seems like it would be quieter on 18 and there are 2 bathrooms to chose from on 18 that may come in handy. Did you hear any noise above you from lounge chairs or stuff being moved around?

Just now, candygirl27540 said:

Thank you! That's the kind of thing I wanted to hear.It seems like it would be quieter on 18 and there are 2 bathrooms to chose from on 18 that may come in handy. Did you hear any noise above you from lounge chairs or stuff being moved around?

We did hear chairs being moved the first night and asked the butler about that. We never heard them again! lol. 

• Like 1

Which do you think you'll use more - the restaurant or the bar/lounge? Alaska is great for that observation lounge if it's too cold to be on your balcony. For us, it's a no brainer, bigger balcony and steps from the bar. So 17 for us.

• Like 1

I had the same dilemma but essentially went for 17 with larger balcony, close to the pool area, bar and horizon lounge. We found it very convenient and enjoyed being so close to everything and a short walk to the restaurant. 

Enjoy whichever one you choose 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:48 AM, candygirl27540 said:

We were on 18 last year and didn't hear anything. We were in 18706, which was an awesome location. Walk out and go right to the observation lounge, left to the restaurant, or straight down the stairs to the pool and bar.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The deck 18 HF should be the cheapest in the Haven proper, while the deck 17 HE is just slightly more. I don't recall how much though, depends on the cruise.  We liked the HE we had with the slightly larger deck and quick access to the Horizon Lounge.  

Edited by scooter6139
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was on the sister ship Encore.  I also would go for the larger balcony.  But the way the Haven is designed there are no terrible choices and every location has a perk.  Deck 18 has the Haven restaurant just steps outside your door.  Deck 17 has the concierge and Haven bar and pool just steps outside your door.  Another perk on deck 17 is the Horizon lounge is on your floor.  However on Deck 18 its just down one flight of stairs.

There are no bad choices....decide which you prefer to be on your deck.

We had the front forward 2 bedroom suite on Encore and we loved being so close to the Horizon lounge on deck 17.  We opened our door, turned left and walked 20 feet through another door and we were in the Horizon lounge.  It almost felt like an extension of our cabin.  Need some juice, coffee, cookies or treats...just steps away.

Edited by david_sobe

6 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I was on the sister ship Encore.  I also would go for the larger balcony.  But the way the Haven is designed there are no terrible choices and every location has a perk.  Deck 18 has the Haven restaurant just steps outside your door.  Deck 17 has the concierge and Haven bar and pool just steps outside your door.  Another perk on deck 17 is the Horizon lounge is on your floor.  However on Deck 18 its just down one flight of stairs.

There are no bad choices....decide which you prefer to be on your deck.

We had the front forward 2 bedroom suite on Encore and we loved being so close to the Horizon lounge on deck 17.  We opened our door, turned left and walked 20 feet through another door and we were in the Horizon lounge.  It almost felt like an extension of our cabin.  Need some juice, coffee, cookies or treats...just steps away.

We were torn between booking one of those or another deck 17 next to the bar.  We settled on the bar.

Question:  how would  you characterize the size of the balcony?

24 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We were torn between booking one of those or another deck 17 next to the bar.  We settled on the bar.

Question:  how would  you characterize the size of the balcony?

Good size. You see by the photo it can have several loungers, a table and table chairs.

DSCN0053.JPG

• Like 1