Beyond move up suite benefits/perks

We are considering bidding from a verandah to one of the suites and wondering what will be included.( we have not purchased a drink package, we are elite if that matters)  A search gives me more questions than answers. I understand that Wi-Fi, premium drinks, OBC and gratuity are not included. Where it gets confusing is what’s included at the retreat lounge, bar and pool deck.  Can anyone help clarify that, please?  I am also curious about what dining options are included specifically on the Beyond.  I’ve previously read that all specialty restaurants are included for all suite guests. Is this still the case?  
Thanks so much for your help.  

I got moved up from a prime concierge to a Sky suite for my upcoming cruise.  My understanding, backed by some research, indicates that I carry to the Sky Suite whatever amenities I had from concierge, but nothing more unless I pay for it.  Specifically, I have basic Wi-Fi, the premium beverage package (only because I upgraded when I was in concierge, my concierge OBC, and my gratuities, although I believe my gratuities might possibly be higher because they are higher in suites.  I did hear that most of the time they tend to forget about extra charges, but i would not bank on that.  Beyond that, everything anybody else gets in Retreat, you get!

31 minutes ago, funredhead said:

We are considering bidding from a verandah to one of the suites and wondering what will be included.( we have not purchased a drink package, we are elite if that matters)  A search gives me more questions than answers. I understand that Wi-Fi, premium drinks, OBC and gratuity are not included. Where it gets confusing is what’s included at the retreat lounge, bar and pool deck.  Can anyone help clarify that, please?  I am also curious about what dining options are included specifically on the Beyond.  I’ve previously read that all specialty restaurants are included for all suite guests. Is this still the case?  

Specialty dining for all suites is not included and it was never included.  If you bid on and win the bid for an upper suite, specialty dining will be included; RS, PH, EV, Iconic.  Good luck with your bid, I hope you are successful.  

1 hour ago, funredhead said:

If you win a move up bid to a suite you do not get the retreat perks of a beverage package and the premium internet, you keep whatever perks you had with your original booking. You would get Luminae, the suite restaurant as your dining venue, and access to the retreat lounge (or Michaels club) and the retreat pool deck on edge ships or the retreat deck on renovated ships.

Speciality dining was never included for all suites, it’s an amenity for Royal Suites and above. 
If you win a move up bid to one of the upper tier suites (RS and above) you then would get the amenities (different from retreat perks) that come with that tier suite. That would include the speciality dining, 2 bottles of liquor in your suite and a fully stocked (beer, soda, water) fridge replenished daily. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, funredhead said:

Unless something has changed recently, drinks in the suite lounge are complimentary regardless of whether you have a drink package or not. However, drinks on the suite sun deck are not complimentary. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Unless something has changed recently, drinks in the suite lounge are complimentary regardless of whether you have a drink package or not. However, drinks on the suite sun deck are not complimentary. 

Drinks in Luminae are complimentary either  it’s a Move Up bid. 

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Drinks in Luminae are complimentary either  it’s a Move Up bid. 

Just to clarify Jelayne’s post, drinks in Luminae ARE NOT complimentary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is confusing and inconsistent.  I won bid up on three suites on a B2B2B and each one was different.  Go figure.  We had purchased basic wifi, classic drink package and prepaid grats for the first two weeks.  The last week we added while on the ship and it had no extras.  Sky Suite first upgrade, we received, without extra charge, premium drinks and wifi.  We did pay the difference in tips (we actually paid extra tips for all three weeks).  My understanding is that this is not how it is supposed to happen.  The second week in an Edge Villa we also got premium drinks and wifi on several devices, without paying an up-charge.  We were able to eat in any restaurant without charge.  The third week we moved from a OV to a SS and we received no drink package or wifi.  The things that remained consistent, there were no charges for drinks on the retreat deck or in the retreat lounge. We didn't order drinks in Luminae, but we would have been charged for them week three.  I'm not sure I clarified anything.  I lived it and still can't figure it out.  Worse case, you have Elite Happy Hour, breakfast, drinks on the sundeck and lounge.  If you need Wifi you can purchase it once on the ship.