Communication and billing

Is this normal?  We had a port change on our cruise and a terminal change.  The port change was only communicated via a cancellation email for my excursion. That excursion has yet to be refunded to my bank account. The terminal change was never communicated to us. Now since we’ve completed our cruise, I have multiple charges on my bank account with no explanation. I called and was told that they were hold on my debit card just to make sure it was active and they will eventually fall off in 5 to 7 business days. Meanwhile, I have an additional four to $500 missing from my checking .  Is this to be expected?

Posted (edited)

I've never had one issue in 20 years with billing from royal. I dont check for holds so idk, I dont run my account that close it would matter. 

Princess once billed me for a big bottle of water they left in the cabin my roommate drank. Wasnt my signature and my name misspelled on the signature so they removed it.

Only issue in 20 years.

Edited by firefly333

Yes, RCCL will put holds on your card, and then true up at the end of the cruise. If you use a debit card, this money is held until the holds drop off. This is the #1 reason to NOT use a debit card for your cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes, RCCL will put holds on your card, and then true up at the end of the cruise. If you use a debit card, this money is held until the holds drop off. This is the #1 reason to NOT use a debit card for your cruise.

Correct.  Royal will have pending amounts on your credit card, but they just drop off eventually, they don’t actually get posted(unless you actually had a charge).

1 hour ago, BingoBangoBungo said:

Is this to be expected?

Welcome to RCI, where debit card users should change the onboard account to cash and pay it off in one charge at the end of the sailing to avoid your issue. 

Yes, communication is not an RCI strong suit. 

Regarding the communications, did you book with a TA or royal direct.     If you booked with a TA the changes would have been sent to them.  You would have got the excursion change notice as you booked that with Royal via the website or the App.