Neptune suite nespresso coffee?

23 hours ago, The4OfUs said:

They are the smaller pods - not the Vertuo we have at home - if you have the original espresso capsules, they would work!  🙂  

I was told by someone here they would not work.  I hoped to do the same, bring the tradition Nespresso capsules but someone said it was a different, propriety, machine.  Oh I hope you are correct 

14 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

I was told by someone here they would not work.  I hoped to do the same, bring the tradition Nespresso capsules but someone said it was a different, propriety, machine.  Oh I hope you are correct 

We have been on both the Nieuw Statendam and the Eurodam in the past 4 years in Neptune Suites and it was the same machine as my cousins in Holland have - - you can look for video tours on YouTube of the Neptune suites on the ship you’re going on - they always point out the coffee machine 😂😊

It's not a Nespresso machine but something different.  Invented by the same guy who did the espresso one, but the ones on HAL do not use the same pods.  I think you may be able to use Lavazz pods.

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

It's not a Nespresso machine but something different.  Invented by the same guy who did the espresso one, but the ones on HAL do not use the same pods.  I think you may be able to use Lavazz pods.

🌺Aloha!

Unfortunately on The Koningsdam we were on Lavazz pods do not work nor Nespresso or Keurig. We found The Neptune lounge espresso machine was top notch! Found the coffee in our Neptune Suite was just OK IMO.

🌺Denise

Is it possible to get a reusable pod, bring your own ground coffee and use the coffee machine?  Milk and cream is easily kept in your fridge.  Then you can enjoy a cup of coffee without getting out of your p.j.s.  Cherie

3 hours ago, cccole said:

Is it possible to get a reusable pod, bring your own ground coffee and use the coffee machine?  Milk and cream is easily kept in your fridge.  Then you can enjoy a cup of coffee without getting out of your p.j.s.  Cherie

Sorry 😞, but no. You place it in side ways like a Lavazz machine (pod).  Do yourself a favor and use the Neptune lounge Espresso Machine. 
A suggestion if you really want your own coffee maybe research Amazon for a portable small coffeemaker with K-Cups? 
I have no idea 🤷 just a thought!

Good luck

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, oakridger said:

@cccole would a French Press work for you?

~Nancy

Actually we have purchased a couple while traveling when we are in condos with Keurig type machines.  I love French Press coffee.  Didn't think about taking it on a cruise but I'm sure the hot water for tea from room service would work.  Cherie