Q re re-routing of world cruises

Eli_6

I got a letter re my summer 2025 w.c. being re-routed.  We are on the segment that was supposed to go from Australia to Rome through the Suez Canal.  For those of you who were booked on this segment for the 2024 cruise, did you get re-booked for the 19-day segment from Australia to South Africa or the 37-day segment from South Africa to London?  I am hoping I get rebooked for the SA to London because I don't care about floating around in the Indian Ocean for 2+ weeks. 

I think you should ask the moderators to retitle your thread.

Nothing indicates which ship/cruise line (Q is for Queen or Question?) is being impacted.

Thank you.

The Australian 2024 world cruise, on Coral Princess, departs at the end of this month.

I haven't heard much chatter on the forums / roll calls that I follow as to what has happened with those who were doing the Sydney to Civitavecchia segment. Some Australian TAs have been flogging the new Sydney to Capetown sector at around AU$100pp per day standard fare for a balcony cabin so I suspect a few people have cancelled. 

Hopefully you'll receive more information from Princess in plenty of time to choose what you want to do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have been notified today that the world cruise from Australia next year is not going via the Red Sea. Email says new itinerary should be released by the end of this month. 

Edited by kenexx
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kenexx said:

We have been notified today that the world cruise from Australia next year is not going via the Red Sea. Email says new itinerary should be released by the end of this month. 

The itinerary to Capetown was posted on Cruise Critic in February.   LOTS of sea days and I love TAs.  The rest is available on line.  Cruise Hive gad an article and Prina press release you can Google.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The itinerary to Capetown was posted on Cruise Critic in February.   LORS of sea days.  The rest is available on line.  Cruise Hive gad an article and Prina press release you can Google.

Yes for this years cruise from Australia. The revised itinerary for our cruise next year is not out yet as I said above. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kenexx said:

Yes for this years cruise from Australia. The revised itinerary for our cruise next year is not out yet as I said above. 

I imagine it will be very similar to this year's until the ship gets close to where the Mediterranean meets the Atlantic. There isn't much variation they can offer given how long it takes to go via Capetown. 

• Like 1

The leg that was supposed to go from Dubai to Rome via the Red Sea/Suez, has been changed to depart from Cape Town and stop in Walvis Bay, Cape Verde, Canaries, etc and then into the Med.  Those of us on that leg got an email yesterday with the new itinerary.  No additional charge and $300 of OBC as a "courtesy".

I guess the leg from Sydney to Dubai, will now end in Cape Town, but I'm not booked on that so don't know.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

Could you let us know what it said?  Where are they going, around Africa?  Thanks.

It said that by the end of April they would let us know, but that they weren't going through the Suez Canal. Let me see if I can attach a copy here.  

19 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think you should ask the moderators to retitle your thread.

Nothing indicates which ship/cruise line (Q is for Queen or Question?) is being impacted.

Thank you.

This is the Princess board. I am talking about the Princess world cruises. The original itinerary for *all* of the Princess world cruises go through the Suez Canal. 

I am on the summer 2025 Crown Princess sailing from Sydney. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DCThunder said:

The leg that was supposed to go from Dubai to Rome via the Red Sea/Suez, has been changed to depart from Cape Town and stop in Walvis Bay, Cape Verde, Canaries, etc and then into the Med.  Those of us on that leg got an email yesterday with the new itinerary.  No additional charge and $300 of OBC as a "courtesy".

I guess the leg from Sydney to Dubai, will now end in Cape Town, but I'm not booked on that so don't know.

Thank you for answering my question. I was supposed to be on the 36-day leg/legs from Sydney to Rome through the Suez Canal.  I am hoping they re-book us on the South Africa to either the Med or Dover if the route for 2025 is the same as 2024 rather than the 19-day Australia to South Africa that only stops a couple of places in Australia. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I got the email regarding the actual schedule for the re-routing.  It is ~30 sea days and 8-10 ports...many of which I have no desire to go to or have already been to.  Not even slightly recognizable as the same initial itinerary that went to Asia and Middle East and many bucket list destinations. Not even ending at the same place  Not stopping at even one single port in Asia or Middle East.  I will be cancelling. 

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

un 04
Transfer: Airport To Ship

Sydney

Jun 04
Sydney

6:45PM
Jun 05
At Sea

Jun 06
At Sea

Jun 07
Adelaide

8:00AM
5:00PM
Jun 08
At Sea

Jun 09
At Sea

Jun 10
At Sea

Jun 11
Perth (Fremantle)

Jun 12
At Sea

Jun 13
At Sea

Jun 14
At Sea

Jun 15
At Sea

Jun 16
At Sea

Jun 17
At Sea

Jun 18
At Sea

Jun 19
Mauritius

Jun 20
At Sea

Jun 21
At Sea

Jun 22
At Sea

Jun 23
At Sea

Jun 24
At Sea

Jun 26
Cape Town

6:00PM
Jun 27
At Sea

Jun 28
Walvis Bay

9:00AM
Jun 29
At Sea

Jun 30
At Sea

Jul 01
At Sea

Jul 02
At Sea

Jul 03
At Sea

Jul 04
At Sea

Jul 05
At Sea

Jul 06
Cape Verde Islands (

Jul 07
At Sea

Jul 08
At Sea

Jul 09
Gran Canaria (Las Pa

7:00AM
4:00PM
Jul 10
At Sea

Jul 11
Casablanca

7:00AM
8:00PM
Jul 12
Gibraltar

Jul 13
At Sea

Jul 14
Valencia

Jul 15
Barcelona

Jul 15
Transfer: Ship To Airport

Barcelona

5 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Way too many sea days. They could have at least tried. Don’t blame you for canceling 

There isn't much they can do. It's a very long way around via the Cape of Good Hope with not many viable ports. Presumably they can only go a certain distance between refueling stops which is why they go via Mauritius- otherwise there is just too much empty ocean between Fremantle and Cape Town. 

We're just about to embark on this year's Coral Princess world cruise. I'm just thankful there is an option to replace the Red Sea transit even though it means we lose a number of ports we wanted to go to. However we get to go to some new ports that we didn't ever expect to get to so I'm sure we'll enjoy those. Plus we love sea days and having so many at the beginning of our itinerary will leave us relaxed and refreshed, ready for the more port intensive part of the itinerary. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There isn't much they can do. It's a very long way around via the Cape of Good Hope with not many viable ports. Presumably they can only go a certain distance between refueling stops which is why they go via Mauritius- otherwise there is just too much empty ocean between Fremantle and Cape Town. 

We're just about to embark on this year's Coral Princess world cruise. I'm just thankful there is an option to replace the Red Sea transit even though it means we lose a number of ports we wanted to go to. However we get to go to some new ports that we didn't ever expect to get to so I'm sure we'll enjoy those. Plus we love sea days and having so many at the beginning of our itinerary will leave us relaxed and refreshed, ready for the more port intensive part of the itinerary. 

Exhibit A. HAL did a hell of a lot better job getting to Cape Town.  Princess didn’t need to go to Perth, I wasn’t on the original itinerary

B2F0AA73-0B56-4D86-B253-FAF2B637A98B.thumb.png.afb52a4117406370446d6c250eb3b22b.png

22 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I got the email regarding the actual schedule for the re-routing.  It is ~30 sea days and 8-10 ports...many of which I have no desire to go to or have already been to.  Not even slightly recognizable as the same initial itinerary that went to Asia and Middle East and many bucket list destinations. Not even ending at the same place  Not stopping at even one single port in Asia or Middle East.  I will be cancelling. 

Yes, the WC as it stands, is not at all appealing to me. Too many places on my bucket list have been dropped. I too will in all likelihood cancel.

I did look at the 2026WC out of Sydney and although it’s currently scheduled to go through the Suez, that is subject to change. The issue with that itinerary is no Great Barrier Reef stop, no Norway stops, no Glasgow stop (I grew up a few miles from Greenock) and for some reason, they have SIX stops in Canada! 

I see the 2026WC out of LA is on the Coral, rather than the Island, but it’s currently not showing as available to book. I might need to look at some other cruise lines. I’ve already discounted Cunard as the itinerary did not appeal to me.

58 minutes ago, polmcs said:

I see the 2026WC out of LA is on the Coral, rather than the Island, but it’s currently not showing as available to book. I might need to look at some other cruise lines. I’ve already discounted Cunard as the itinerary did not appeal to me.

Just saw on another thread that the cruise has only just been release, so I logged into my PCA and I can see pricing. Suites are already sold out and the only pricing I can see had Premium built into the fare.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, polmcs said:

Just saw on another thread that the cruise has only just been release, so I logged into my PCA and I can see pricing. Suites are already sold out and the only pricing I can see had Premium built into the fare.

🥹. I can’t see any pricing yet for the 2026 cruise. EDIT…ignore me, I wasn’t logged in 

Edited by Cruise Junky

19 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Exhibit A. HAL did a hell of a lot better job getting to Cape Town.  Princess didn’t need to go to Perth, I wasn’t on the original itinerary

B2F0AA73-0B56-4D86-B253-FAF2B637A98B.thumb.png.afb52a4117406370446d6c250eb3b22b.png

It depends on the original itinerary. Our upcoming cruise is focused on the Baltics so ports between Sydney and Tangier, where we hook back into our original itinerary, were probably the minimum needed to avoid too many sea days but still hit refueling stops as needed. So we get the fast run to Capetown.

If the original itinerary is more focused on Asian ports then HAL did the right thing. But our cruise originates in Australia and Asia wasn't a focus on our itinerary so I think Princess have done the best they could to ensure the port stops later in the cruise aren't affected by delays getting there  I noticed the changed itinerary for 2025 Australian cruise has more ports on the changed itinerary (especially in the Med) than we have but I guess that  was the focus on the original itinerary for that cruise. I'm very happy with our new itinerary especially after doing some research into the extra distance the ship has to travel to go around the Cape of Good Hope.