What pier in San Fran

Good afternoon. On 20 April, we will be going on the crown princess out of San Francisco. my friend has a daughter in San Francisco who is going to meet us there. She says there’s more than one pier. Does anybody know what Peter uses? Thank you!

Just now, jacketwatch said:

Good afternoon. On 20 April, we will be going on the crown princess out of San Francisco. my friend has a daughter in San Francisco who is going to meet us there. She says there’s more than one pier. Does anybody know what Peter uses? Thank you!

It will be Pier 27, San Francisco Cruise Terminal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacketwatch said:

I don't know what pier Peter uses (😉), but Princess uses Pier 27. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, butterfly4108 said:

Almost always 27

At least 98% of the time. The only issue would probably be if there were 2 Princess ships in at the same time

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RV Queen said:

Please, what is distance and time to pier from SFO?  Weekday mid morning?  Thanks

Plan on a half hour. Distance is not that much, it's the traffic.

To @jacketwatch, just a friendly tip, do not use the term "San Fran" when you get here 🙂 

See you onboard!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Be glad it's not the Grand Princess on 4/27. She is going to Pier 80, which is a cargo pier. Something must be going on with Pier 35, which is where she was originally scheduled, as there are two ships in SF that day. 

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The pier is in SFO - downtown.  Walking distance from Fisherman's Wharf. 

For most people, SFO refers to the airport. SFO is the code for that airport. Rarely is it used to refer to the city itself and I'd dare to say never when referring to local transportation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

For most people, SFO refers to the airport. SFO is the code for that airport. Rarely is it used to refer to the city itself and I'd dare to say never when referring to local transportation.

Just imagine someone calling a cab and say take me to SFO. Sorry not trying to offend just flasher in my mind

Edited by memoak

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Really? Small world!

I'm the guy in the yellow fluorescent vest on the left side of your picture looking to my right (at the traffic mess).

I think I've cruised with you before (pre-pandemic).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

I'm the guy in the yellow fluorescent vest on the left side of your picture looking to my right (at the traffic mess).

Awesome 🙂

2 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

You guys do an excellent job with all the vehicle traffic and foot traffic in that area. Thanks. 

• Like 3

Thanks, @rbelshaw - I shouldn't have used the word "trek" as I know it's a long way and wasn't going to walk it. I used to go into the city a lot, but not lately.  I really just want to know how to confirm the port as I've not received a single thing from Princess. 
Thanks again for the warning.