Snorkeling Coco Cay

PatandStu

This coming cruise on Beyond will be our first trip to the new Coco Cay private island. I think you would be happier with your own snorkeling equipment but you can rent it on the island.

This may have been covered but with your Celebrity sea pass card can you get free food and snacks?

We understand you have to buy drinks if you don’t have a drink package.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello- I have been to there 5 times. I snorkel every time. I carry my own equipment but you still need to get a snorkel vest for free from the snorkel shack. I don't mind it, then i can relax and float a bit.

There are lots of fish. If you go to the first alcove of chill beach? I do not know what to call it.  You will see a floating dock, swim out further and there is a shipwreck. The lifeguards are on jet skis out there. You will see the area. The snorkel shack people can guide you (which is right before chill beach). That cove is the best place for snorkeling that I know of someone may know different. Some days are clearer than others of course. I bring my own snorkel gear because it has the bobble where water can get in as I swim around. 

Don't forget to shuffle your feet! Have lots of fun. 

Let me disclose I have only been there with Royal- Food on the island is the buffet style ship food. Its included. It is so nice to eat there on the picnic tables. I love it. They usually have water, ice tea, lemonade included. Royal makes homemade tortilla shells. I hope Celebrity does the same. There is snack shack in the back included as well that my son visits every time. 

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, aisahunterrider said:

If you go to the first alcove of chill beach? I do not know what to call it. 

that's exactly where the snorkeling is. 🙂Behind the rocks on the very first beach on your left - Chill Island.

20211127_113354.thumb.jpg.af56de32714c2735e6e05805939db177.jpg

20211127_113300-Copy.thumb.jpg.09cf6d16f5146fd45905abcd926f4189.jpg

20211127_113356.thumb.jpg.707fcde280e13678ee9eb552a75e545d.jpg

more info here: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/308-private-islands/

I have been there with Royal.  I was very disappointed with the snorkeling.  Not many fish to see and the clarity was poor.  I did go in April and the water was chilly.  Maybe my disappointment was weather related, although it was a partially sunny day?  Much prefer the snorkeling down in the ABC islands.  

From New England, the water felt warm to me.  Not like a "senior pool".

Bring your snorkeling equipment.  Water can be cloudy depending on the seas and weather.

Food is picnic, buffet style.  Nice eating on the picnic tables outside.