Creating a second Holland America Account

I've had an account with HAL for years but it's under my husbands name.  I'd like to create one for myself but I can't.  I click to Create Account but when I put in my name, DOB and zip code, the sign in email and password spots are already populated by my sign in for my husband.  Does anyone have a separate account from their other family members?  I've got FCC that I'd like to check on but can't without my own account.

Thanks,

Linda R.

You should have your own Mariner ID.  My husband and I have cruised together on HAL many times and each have our own Mariner IDs and accounts.  You might want to give HAL a call to find out what your Mariner ID is and go from there.

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Just wondering.  Do you and DH use the same email.  You might need to create your own email address first.

Roy

That is most likely the problem.  I had to use two different email addresses for DD DH and I.

@cruzingnut, I believe you will need separate emails as that is what fouled us up when DH did his own account. DH and I in the past for HAL used our shared email.  Did  the create account with his email,  however it also assigned him a new mariner number 😔...Luckily a quick call to the mariners society fixed that problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nw gardener said:

@cruzingnut, I believe you will need separate emails as that is what fouled us up when DH did his own account. DH and I in the past for HAL used our shared email.  Did  the create account with his email,  however it also assigned him a new mariner number 😔...Luckily a quick call to the mariners society fixed that problem.

I actually clicked on "create account" and then started filling it out.  I wasn't signed in when I did this....maybe I'll try it on a different computer.  If that doesn't work, I'll give mariners a call.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just wondering.  Do you and DH use the same email.  You might need to create your own email address first.

Roy

Had to do that for DH and I - fixed our log in issues. 

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Interesting, as we have our own accounts and both use a common email.  I don’t allow the browser to save log in information.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nw gardener said:

Not to derail this post, but we are taking our first HAL cruise in June. My wife and I have separate accounts and different Mariner id numbers. This post makes it sound like you have separate accounts but share a mariner id. If that is the case, is there an advantage to that? 

7 minutes ago, dmacleod said:

This post makes it sound like you have separate accounts but share a mariner id. If that is the case, is there an advantage to that? 

No joint Mariner # numbers.  Each passenger would have their own personally identifying account #.

• Like 2

@dmacleod, Ferry watcher is correct,  we've always had separate mariner numbers. In creating a separate account with separate emails,  he was assigned a new number and I called the mariner society to get the new one squashed.  It was a easy and quick call to fix that.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

I've had an account with HAL for years but it's under my husbands name.  I'd like to create one for myself but I can't.  I click to Create Account but when I put in my name, DOB and zip code, the sign in email and password spots are already populated by my sign in for my husband.  Does anyone have a separate account from their other family members?  I've got FCC that I'd like to check on but can't without my own account.

Thanks,

Linda R.

If the sign in email and password boxes are already filled in when you get to that box, it’s just auto-filling. You should be able to delete the info in each box and proceed. 

• Like 1

Just now, KruisinKath said:

If the sign in email and password boxes are already filled in when you get to that box, it’s just auto-filling. You should be able to delete the info in each box and proceed. 

I tried that and it said wrong email/password, lol.  Thing is, I can't get to the actual page where you create an account.  You know, where you put in the password you want and then have to re enter it just to be sure?  Still need to try it on a different computer....then if that doesn't work, I'll call the Mariner Society for help. 

Linda R.

2 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

I tried that and it said wrong email/password, lol.  Thing is, I can't get to the actual page where you create an account.  You know, where you put in the password you want and then have to re enter it just to be sure?  Still need to try it on a different computer....then if that doesn't work, I'll call the Mariner Society for help. 

Linda R.

Do you need to sign out first before making a new account?

2 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

Linda R.

Oh darn, sorry!  To try and redeem myself- maybe try clearing your cache/browser history?

9 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

I actually clicked on "create account" and then started filling it out.  I wasn't signed in when I did this....maybe I'll try it on a different computer.  If that doesn't work, I'll give mariners a call.  Thanks!

Your web browser might be "remembering" your credentials. I can sign in as both myself and my wife with no problem. The browser remembers both, and I use the down arrow key to toggle between them when I am inputting the email address.

20 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

Ok, after a comedy of errors, mainly on my part, I managed to make an account for myself.  Thanks for the help from everyone!

Linda R.

Yes, success! So glad you got it created!