Zuiderdam shower-only cabins

Posted (edited)

If you have been in one of the shower-only suites on the Zuiderdam, can you tell me if the showers have GLASS DOORS or do they have shower curtains? Most of these are far forward and far aft. We will be in cabins 5171 and 6157 on upcoming cruises. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Lovewandering
  • Like 1

Thank you! Unfortunately, the photo was uploaded in 2011, so it may have changed. I’ll keep hoping! 😉 I really appreciate your clueing me into this. I hadn’t been able to figure out how to find photos on there before.

51 minutes ago, boeckli said:

I was in 6152 on Noordam in April 2019 and had a shower curtain. 

Thanks for this info! Did your shower have a retractable clothesline? I’m trying to figure out how to hang hand washable. I know the cabins with bathtub have one, but I don’t know about the shower-only bathrooms.

55 minutes ago, Lovewandering said:

Thanks for this info! Did your shower have a retractable clothesline? I’m trying to figure out how to hang hand washable. I know the cabins with bathtub have one, but I don’t know about the shower-only bathrooms.

Not 100% but I'm fairly sure I would remember if there wasn't one as I always use it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I believe that you have been given incorrect information by the previous responders.  Some of the verandah staterooms (those stateroom numbers you mentioned are not suites, they are verandah class) have been updated to have showers.  Those that have been updated DEFINITELY have the glass showers, as the standard 60" tubs have been removed and the showers installed in that space.  I know this because I'm only 5' tall, so showers are very important to me, as the old tubs are hard to climb in and out of.  So yes, I have booked some of the updated staterooms and they are undoubtedly the "Pinnacle-ship style" glass showers. 

And you're in luck!!  Check out the deck plans on the HAL site.  Both staterooms that you mentioned have the * symbol, meaning that they are the updated ones with the shower! 

Hope this helps.

Edited by AV8rix
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The asterisk indicates ONLY a shower (i.e. no tub), not that it has a glass door.

Nope, the verandahs before the update have NEVER had showers, only tubs.  The only verandahs on the Vista, R-class and Signature ships that you see with the * symbol are the few forward and aft ones that have been updated, with their tubs removed and the glass showers installed.  Have you ever booked one of those?  I have, so that's how I KNOW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ooops, might have been mistaken with my post #11, @Lovewandering.  The OVs that have been updated all have the glass showers, because I've booked a lot of those.  And I think that goes for the few verandahs also.  But I might be wrong there.  If I were you I'd check with my PCC to make certain if I were thinking about booking one of those.  That is, if your PCC is one of the "old" pre-covid ones (mine is), not one of the new hires.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AV8rix said:

Ooops, might have been mistaken with my post #11, @Lovewandering.  The OVs that have been updated all have the glass showers, because I've booked a lot of those.  And I think that goes for the few verandahs also.  But I might be wrong there.  If I were you I'd check with my PCC to make certain if I were thinking about booking one of those.  That is, if your PCC is one of the "old" pre-covid ones (mine is), not one of the new hires.

Thanks for the clarification. We’ve decided to just stick with what we’ve booked and hope they have glass rather than curtains. But my husband decided he would prefer a non-bathtub shower even with an annoying curtain because the tubs we’ve had were sloped on the bottom edges, which were difficult for him to balance on. Next time I think we’ll try to get an ambulatory handicap cabin.

• Like 1

Every picture/YouTube I can find of the bathrooms on those * marked "shower only" cabins all show a shower only (13 years up to two years ago) and a shower curtain.  I checked all 4 Vista-class ships.  So unless they changed that in the last Refurbishment from the last 2 years, then I would suspect they are all curtains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Every picture/YouTube I can find of the bathrooms on those * marked "shower only" cabins all show a shower only (13 years up to two years ago) and a shower curtain.  I checked all 4 Vista-class ships.  So unless they changed that in the last Refurbishment from the last 2 years, then I would suspect they are all curtains.

Thanks for taking the time to research. I think you’re right.

6 hours ago, Lovewandering said:

But my husband decided he would prefer a non-bathtub shower even with an annoying curtain because the tubs we’ve had were sloped on the bottom edges

I agree!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lovewandering said:

. Next time I think we’ll try to get an ambulatory handicap cabin.

plan on booking as soon of the cruse opens up , even at 18 months out H/C rooms are hard to come by

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Henk123 said:

Just a quick search on google

Nw Statendam Veranda

NS.JPG.2fcd92a286dfc913a0519f8760e52b3e.JPG

Zaandam

Zaandam.JPG.5d16f03019b0fbe6434ee02e5362349e.JPG

But also found this one

Zuiderdam.JPG.95f1132a7e1a5fe41cf3919c6b39f903.JPG

Thanks, but New Statendam is a Pinnacle Class ship, built in 2018.  Very different than the older Vista-class ships like Zuiderdam (2002).