Has anyone gotten a response from AQV to their claim?

• 3 weeks later...

we just got a letter from our credit card company CITI saying that the conditional credit that we claimed from an AQV deposit has been converted to a permanent credit.  Sounds like money is starting to come back to customers.

11 hours ago, nanrandy said:

we just got a letter from our credit card company CITI saying that the conditional credit that we claimed from an AQV deposit has been converted to a permanent credit.  Sounds like money is starting to come back to customers.

That's good news!! A long time coming, but better late than never.

I received 6 envelopes containing duplicate 10 pages from Hornblower (Omni Solutions) stating update information.  Pretty much about the appointment customer representative.  Not really much of anything real as to actual refunds.  

Yeah, six envelopes that they paid 88 cents each to mail.   

• 2 weeks later...

The FMC website recently reported that the surety, Argo, has 90 days to address valid claims. We filed all docs in early May 2024 so seems surety will respond by early August 2024. You would think the FMC would step up with enforcement action if no action is taken. I have sent an email to inquire of the FMC why the surety has now blocked receiving emails on the Hornblower site set up by the surety.

We just received an email yesterday with more legal documents that are impossible  to understand.  The documents are titled "Hornblower Holdings LLC, et al. (Case No. 24-90061) – Service of Notice of (I) Order Approving the Debtors’ Disclosure Statement & Confirming the Third Amended Joint Chapter 11 Plan & (II) Occurrence of Effective Date [Docket No. 1549]"

Has anyone else gotten this email and have any idea what it means?

17 hours ago, nanrandy said:

We just received an email yesterday with more legal documents that are impossible  to understand.  The documents are titled "Hornblower Holdings LLC, et al. (Case No. 24-90061) – Service of Notice of (I) Order Approving the Debtors’ Disclosure Statement & Confirming the Third Amended Joint Chapter 11 Plan & (II) Occurrence of Effective Date [Docket No. 1549]"

Has anyone else gotten this email and have any idea what it means?

I received that one too.   IMHO....just more legal "gobbly gook"....anything to make us think something is progressing.  Hah.  😠

• 4 weeks later...

Last week we received a "Release & Assignment" letter plus a W-9, both of which we have been asked to complete and return.  So it looks like progress.  But why a W-9?  Will we have to report this as income??

Did anyone else receive these docs?  If you did, could you give me the email/address to which we are supposed to return the forms?  I've lost ours.

Thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mkir said:

Last week we received a "Release & Assignment" letter plus a W-9, both of which we have been asked to complete and return.  So it looks like progress.  But why a W-9?  Will we have to report this as income??

Did anyone else receive these docs?  If you did, could you give me the email/address to which we are supposed to return the forms?  I've lost ours.

Thanks.

I am currently on a World Cruise....and got that email.   I was confused at the W9 was well.  I immediately sent a response to the "please feel free to ask questions" about why I had to do that, but of course...being what they are...they never answered me.   

There is no notary service on our ship...thus I had to pay 136 bucks (105 pounds) to notary I found online in Southampton England as one of our cruise stops.  I had the concierge scan and send back to me, of which I downloaded and sent to the required email address.  

This is the address for mailing and emailing:  

Email to: Hornblower.Claims@ArgoSurety.com

or

Mail to:

Attn: Hornblower/AQV Claims,

Argo Group US

711 Broadway, Suite 400

San Antonio, TX 78215

• Thanks 1

Thank you!  What a hassle to have to deal with this while cruising.

Dealing with Argo has been completely frustrating.  I don’t know anyone who has actually spoken to a live person there or has had a question answered by them.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mkir said:

Thank you!  What a hassle to have to deal with this while cruising.

Dealing with Argo has been completely frustrating.  I don’t know anyone who has actually spoken to a live person there or has had a question answered by them.  

Indeed.  They wanted our B2B paid in full right away when I booked.  Was balking at that and should have listened to my red flag.  Hassle with them cancelling one of our legs and wanted to charge us to rebook.  Umm...no!!   3 weeks hassle to get them to wave that.  Thought we were set.  

Two weeks later...they file bankruptcy.   🤬

Now we have to go through all these hoops and forms to get our money back, which is despicable.  They know we paid, we and they have proof...just send us our refund!!!!   

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 10:19 PM, island lady said:

Indeed.  They wanted our B2B paid in full right away when I booked.  Was balking at that and should have listened to my red flag.  Hassle with them cancelling one of our legs and wanted to charge us to rebook.  Umm...no!!   3 weeks hassle to get them to wave that.  Thought we were set.  

Two weeks later...they file bankruptcy.   🤬

Now we have to go through all these hoops and forms to get our money back, which is despicable.  They know we paid, we and they have proof...just send us our refund!!!!   

We haven’t gotten anything from them in a few weeks and when I called a couple of weeks ago all she did was read me the official response very similar to what’s written on all the court documents we’ve gotten so many copies of. We were able to get a confirmation number so at least we know they have our claims. Has anyone seen a phone number for the appointed representative? I called the number of the last document, was transferred twice and then left a message on an unnamed voicemail box. No response to date.  Any additional information anyone has would be appreciated.

• Like 1

When this all started I immediately called MasterCard and filed a dispute of the charges by AQV.  They placed a preliminary credit on our account at that time for the amount that we had paid.  A few weeks ago we got an additional letter from our credit card company saying our credit for the AQV charges was now permanent.  So we thankfully have all of our money back.  I sure am glad that our charges we all on our card.

Good luck to all.

14 hours ago, windango said:

We haven’t gotten anything from them in a few weeks and when I called a couple of weeks ago all she did was read me the official response very similar to what’s written on all the court documents we’ve gotten so many copies of. We were able to get a confirmation number so at least we know they have our claims. Has anyone seen a phone number for the appointed representative? I called the number of the last document, was transferred twice and then left a message on an unnamed voicemail box. No response to date.  Any additional information anyone has would be appreciated.

We filled out all the forms they requested....but I think it was just a ploy to make us think they are working on it.  😠

6 hours ago, nanrandy said:

When this all started I immediately called MasterCard and filed a dispute of the charges by AQV.  They placed a preliminary credit on our account at that time for the amount that we had paid.  A few weeks ago we got an additional letter from our credit card company saying our credit for the AQV charges was now permanent.  So we thankfully have all of our money back.  I sure am glad that our charges we all on our card.

Good luck to all.

When I filed the last group of papers, I had to state that I did not file with insurance or credit card...though I wish I had tried the credit card route.  But not sure they would refund that large amount.  We had paid in full our B2B in a suite...to a total of 19K.  They bullied us to pay in full in the beginning.  Should have paid attention to that red flag I was seeing.  

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got the email with the W9 and proof of claim forms. Has anyone actually had any luck reaching a helpful human to assist with questions? If so, what phone number did you use?  It seems quite ridiculous that they don’t know exactly what we paid them and we have to deal with all this hassle to prove what they surely know we paid. Not having dealt with legalese like this before I don’t want to answer something incorrectly. 

No help from any human as yet. The FMC staff told me Argo was preparing to address valid claims. We shall see. The bankruptcy court did give Argo until September 25 to address valid claims. No response again. I have asked the FMC if they would do enforcement in the event Argo fails. No response.

We received the forms and the W9 to fill out while we were away on a World Cruise.  The ship did not have the required notary service, so I contacted a notary in Southampton England, setting up an appointment to have it done when we docked for the day a few weeks ago.  It was a loooong walk to get to her, and expensive to have it done there...but I thought it worth it if it does the job.  Had the concierge on our ship then scan/copy me on it, of which I returned email to Argo.  

Our claim was for a paid in full B2B 14 night in a suite that was cancelled...to the tune of 19 grand.  

When we finally got home yesterday to pick up our mail, the check was in our held mail!!!!  Shocking full refund, which I never expected.  Check was dated 8/12...so I guess they cut the check when they got my email of the forms.   

Just deposited it in the bank this morning....with fingers crossed it does not bounce!!  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 12:40 PM, island lady said:

We received the forms and the W9 to fill out while we were away on a World Cruise.  The ship did not have the required notary service, so I contacted a notary in Southampton England, setting up an appointment to have it done when we docked for the day a few weeks ago.  It was a loooong walk to get to her, and expensive to have it done there...but I thought it worth it if it does the job.  Had the concierge on our ship then scan/copy me on it, of which I returned email to Argo.  

Our claim was for a paid in full B2B 14 night in a suite that was cancelled...to the tune of 19 grand.  

When we finally got home yesterday to pick up our mail, the check was in our held mail!!!!  Shocking full refund, which I never expected.  Check was dated 8/12...so I guess they cut the check when they got my email of the forms.   

Just deposited it in the bank this morning....with fingers crossed it does not bounce!!  😮 

This is excellent news! Thank you so much for reporting that back. We have an appt today at 11 to get our docs notarized and will be emailing them later today. Fingers crossed we have the same response you did!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, windango said:

This is excellent news! Thank you so much for reporting that back. We have an appt today at 11 to get our docs notarized and will be emailing them later today. Fingers crossed we have the same response you did!

I was indeed very...very shocked to finally get our full refund.  Has been way too many hoops to jump through and paper work to fill out.   Cost 120 U.S.  to get that last form I had to send notarized while visiting Southampton...but well worth it in the end.  🙂  

Hope it works out for you as well.  

20 hours ago, island lady said:

I was indeed very...very shocked to finally get our full refund.  Has been way too many hoops to jump through and paper work to fill out.   Cost 120 U.S.  to get that last form I had to send notarized while visiting Southampton...but well worth it in the end.  🙂  

Hope it works out for you as well.  

Do you recall how long after you sent the proof of claim I for and W-9 that you received the “Release and Assignment” that’s supposed to be the last hoop we have to jump through? I assume that release also came through email? 

1 hour ago, windango said:

Do you recall how long after you sent the proof of claim I for and W-9 that you received the “Release and Assignment” that’s supposed to be the last hoop we have to jump through? I assume that release also came through email? 

I actually got the last form (the release) via email just two days ago.  One more form to have  notarized and sent, but at least I am home now and can send from here.   Wondering if it is because I cashed (deposited) the refund check that flagged it?  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I actually got the last form (the release) via email just two days ago.  One more form to have  notarized and sent, but at least I am home now and can send from here.   Wondering if it is because I cashed (deposited) the refund check that flagged it?  

That’s interesting because our paperwork indicates we won’t get payment unless they have the release form signed.

Argonaut will review the completed Argonaut Proof of Claim and all documentation, as part of its continuing evaluation of your claim. If approved, Argonaut will send you a Release and Assignment for review. Argo will remit payment to customers that have provided a completed W-9 and a signed Release and Assignment.