FAS + questions

ddlb

I am a solo cruiser and getting the fas+ premium drink package upgrade.  I understand I can get a bottle of wine with each meal when dining instead of ordering by the glass. Am I allowed  to share this bottle of wine with anyone dining with me who may not have the package?  

In addition, the package includes two specialty dining dinners. Do I have to use both of them only for myself or could I use one for me and one for a person dining with me?

I presume the Starbucks coffee can be ordered at no charge when in the main dining room or possibly other dining rooms? Or can you only get it at Starbucks?

Am I allowed to order a bottle of water when dining to take to my cabin or do I have to always get it from a bar?

Most important are chocolate martinis included in the premium plus drink package or do you have to pay that extra  $3.60? 😳

Thanks for any responses. 

30 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I understand I can get a bottle of wine with each meal when dining instead of ordering by the glass. Am I allowed  to share this bottle of wine with anyone dining with me who may not have the package?  

So, We've never had a problem sharing our FAS+ bottles of wine with others.  We've traveled with our adult children and we had the upgraded package, they did not, but we always shared all our bottles at dinner without any issue.

31 minutes ago, ddlb said:

n addition, the package includes two specialty dining dinners. Do I have to use both of them only for myself or could I use one for me and one for a person dining with me?

Your dinners are specifically assigned to you.  They are non-transferable and therefore cannot be "used" for another person.

32 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I presume the Starbucks coffee can be ordered at no charge when in the main dining room or possibly other dining rooms? Or can you only get it at Starbucks?

With the upgraded package, you will not be charged for any specialty coffees.  The only exception is if you try to use the "automatic" machine in the buffet.  DO NOT DO THAT.

We get cappuccinos at dinner most every evening with dessert.

34 minutes ago, ddlb said:

Am I allowed to order a bottle of water when dining to take to my cabin or do I have to always get it from a bar?

We drink at least 1 bottle of Aqua Pana with every lunch and dinner.  At dinner, we will often ask the waiter for one more bottle toward the end (actually they often already have one for us). We then will leave with that extra bottle and return it to our cabin for our evening.  You can also find Aqua Pana at many bars (or boxes of water) throughout the ship.

36 minutes ago, ddlb said:

Most important are chocolate martinis included in the premium plus drink package or do you have to pay that extra  $3.60?

INCLUDED!  Enjoy at your heart's content!

56 minutes ago, ddlb said:

In addition, the package includes two specialty dining dinners. Do I have to use both of them only for myself or could I use one for me and one for a person dining with me?

Discussed in more depth in a recent topic - 

8 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

so my question is we have the speciality dining with FAS. so only one night for two meals (hubby and I ) correct?

Maybe - it depends on cabin type and cruise length. 

53 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

so my question is we have the speciality dining with FAS. so only one night for two meals (hubby and I ) correct?

As @zqvol said...depends on what cabin your purchased AND the length of the cruise.

Here's the chart from the Free At Sea Terms and Conditions:

image.png.38a53066cb2c6f2f86c1c418611dc6a1.png

46 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

As @zqvol said...depends on what cabin your purchased AND the length of the cruise.

Here's the chart from the Free At Sea Terms and Conditions:

image.png.38a53066cb2c6f2f86c1c418611dc6a1.png

We are 7 nights in a balcony. so we each get 2 meals . right? so used to CCL that this FAS is confusing. 

to the OP, just wanted to make sure you know that those 2 dinners are in addition to the credit(s) you get for the regular FAS.  So you'll have at least 3 total dinners.  Of course, I'm assuming you're not platinum or above, as you'd get two more dinners for your status

49 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

to the OP, just wanted to make sure you know that those 2 dinners are in addition to the credit(s) you get for the regular FAS.  So you'll have at least 3 total dinners.  Of course, I'm assuming you're not platinum or above, as you'd get two more dinners for your status

Actually I am platinum!!!  Already book the restaurants!  First time more than 3. First time FAS plus!  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ddlb said:

Actually I am platinum!!!  Already book the restaurants!  First time more than 3. First time FAS plus!  

nice, so you have at least 5 credits!  Enjoy

On 4/14/2024 at 6:23 PM, ddlb said:

I am curious about the responses that the FAS specilaty dining is non-transferable.  On our recent cruise, we were a family of four booked into two cabins. Daughter and I were booked in an inside (one meal each) and wife and son were booked in a balcony (two meals each).

On one night, all four of us went to Ocean Blue.  The hostess asked for my card and wife's card, so we used the inside cabin's one day of meals and one day of the balcony's meals.

On another night, wife and I went to Le Bistro.  I made the reservation in my name.  When it came time to pay, wife used her card.  They deducted the two remaining meals left on her card.  In reading the responses here, that meal technically should have been my son's.  They should have known that I wasn't him since the reservation was in my name.  I guess they either overlooked it or didn't care?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I am curious about the responses that the FAS specilaty dining is non-transferable.  On our recent cruise, we were a family of four booked into two cabins. Daughter and I were booked in an inside (one meal each) and wife and son were booked in a balcony (two meals each).

On one night, all four of us went to Ocean Blue.  The hostess asked for my card and wife's card, so we used the inside cabin's one day of meals and one day of the balcony's meals.

On another night, wife and I went to Le Bistro.  I made the reservation in my name.  When it came time to pay, wife used her card.  They deducted the two remaining meals left on her card.  In reading the responses here, that meal technically should have been my son's.  They should have known that I wasn't him since the reservation was in my name.  I guess they either overlooked it or didn't care?

My guess is that the server just assumed that the two people dining were the two sharing the room. I don’t know whether you making the reservation would make any difference as that bit would have been dealt with by the person who welcomed you rather than the server.

They may have made an error, or they may have just arranged things in a way that helped you. These things can happen and sometimes they do charge things to the wrong accounts, but it can’t be relied upon.

More often than not, in my experience, they ask for everyone’s card when they do the bills, and often everyone gets their own to sign, so this sort of thing wouldn’t accidentally happen in those cases.

The key thing is that they didn’t charge two credits from the same meal to one account. Many of the sharing questions on this board are where people re asking if four people can turn up and use both dining credits for two of those people. I’m not even sure whether the system would allow this to happen even  if they tried to.

Whilst the credits are not transferable, it is certainly possible for things like you experienced to happen, and people could arrange things to try to get them to happen that way, but it is certainly not guaranteed.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1