Celebrity cruise critic parties

PeggyCTB

3 minutes ago, PeggyCTB said:

We have not cruised Celebrity recently. Do they still host Cruise Critic Connections parties? If so, where do I sign up?

Nope. No longer a thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeggyCTB said:

We have not cruised Celebrity recently. Do they still host Cruise Critic Connections parties? If so, where do I sign up?

They are long gone.  No place to sign up anymore.  You could do something within your Roll Call. We had one individual host an event but there were no officers there.  Just great people, food and beverages in one of the high end suites.

Not hard to organize.  Pick a meeting place on the morning of the first sea day.  Bring some name badges, a couple Sharpie markers and announce at your roll call.  

We also set up.a sailaway.  A top deck with a bar.  Just need time and location.  Again on your roll call.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 8:07 PM, PeggyCTB said:

Celebrity does not sponsor the Connections gatherings anymore.  You and your roll call will need to organize you own informal get togethers (sail away, etc).

On 4/15/2024 at 3:54 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The problem on many cruises is limited or virtually no participation on roll calls.

I don't believe that's the reason.

The parties were always subject to a minimum number.  Parties were simply not restarted on any ship after Covid regardless of the size of the Roll Call. I believe they were restarted on Royal so presumably X decided the cost/effort wasn't worth it. Very disappointing.

While I agree with @the penguins that the connections parties not restarting had nothing to do with the size of the Roll Call, strictly cost (staffing, food & beverages and use of space).  

I do also agree with @Happy Cruiser 6143 the T

Rolls Calls are dying on here.  We are currently on aTP and it’s Roll Call had only 902 posts.  The other Roll Call had over 800 members, lots of activity, tours organized, pre cruise meet ups, sailaway, etc.