HAL Website -- Anyone Else Having Trouble?

jlnprt

Got a notification that a waitlisted excursion for an upcoming cruise is available. When I go to the HAL website to check out, I keep getting error messages. It tells me to add my phone number, but it's already there (I even re-entered it). I'm thinking that the site might just be super busy with the $1 deposit today (took advantage of that last night). Anyone else having trouble?

56 minutes ago, jlnprt said:

I'm thinking that the site might just be super busy with the $1 deposit today (took advantage of that last night). Anyone else having trouble?

That would be my guess as well. Although I have been able to check on the way-far-out itinerary I booked, yay for me.

I wanted to pay the crew appreciation for an upcoming cruise and the computer kept telling me my personal information was not correct

Finally had to call.....very frustrating.......quite often the person speaking to you does not have the best English......why are the computers not letting us access them?

On the left hand side of the web page there is a tab that says Feedback.  Click on that and tell them what is wrong.  They know the website isn't working, but they need more specific examples of the issues people are having.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gsel said:

Thanks dfish, did that over a week ago. Now it is actually worse. 

I hear you.  You can try chat but use the phone number.  Or write to the top executives using the information found here:   https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/holland-america/  The more they hear from, the more likely the  problem will be fixed.

Update: Figured out the problem when I called HAL (only waiting for a couple minutes on hold! Woo hoo!!). I was already booked for an excursion at the same time as the waitlisted one that became available and that I was trying to book. It would have been nice to get a message that indicated that, rather than the "please add your telephone number" message that I got, but, of course, I could have checked my itinerary and realized there was a conflict. Anyway ... all taken care of. Really pleased that my phone call was answered so quickly and that the customer service person was very helpful!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1