Horizon to Celebration Side to Side

I wonder if you can help me? We are disembarking Carnival Horizon on 5th May then walking along the pier to board Celebration.  I can see that Horizon is due into Miami at 8am but how late can we get off the ship and what is the earliest (non priority) check in time for Celebration?  We don't realy want to sit in the sun for a couple of hours by the terminal waiting to board.  

Next question does anyone know which terminal Horizon will go into and which one Celebration will go out of? I assume it's D and F which according to Google maps is just a 9 minute walk.

Final question, I read somewhere that a couple of the speciality restaurants on Celebration are free for the first visit but now I can't find that post, could someone please enlighten me.  

Thanks everyone, we're just doing the final organising/packing this week before flying to US on Friday

Hi,

My wife and I did the same side by side cruise your doing last year a lot of fun and first time for us. Carnival uses a few different terminals during docking days so it’s hard to tell which one you will return to? As far as getting to the celebration after the horizon cruise you will be on your own, the cruise line doesn’t make any special accommodations for this.

We waited until 930 ish before leaving horizon and walked to the terminal F gave porters our bags and started another 7 day trip awesome.

I will caution you that it is VERY crazy busy with trucks, buses cars coming and going so be careful outside moving to next terminal there are no sidewalks on the dock side and the opposite side of street had some walk ways but some were closed for construction. We enjoy lunch the first day at Pig and Anchor restaurant it’s free and nobody there, unlike the buffet which is a mad house. Enjoy

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, its the life2283 said:

Hi,

My wife and I did the same side by side cruise your doing last year a lot of fun and first time for us. Carnival uses a few different terminals during docking days so it’s hard to tell which one you will return to? As far as getting to the celebration after the horizon cruise you will be on your own, the cruise line doesn’t make any special accommodations for this.

We waited until 930 ish before leaving horizon and walked to the terminal F gave porters our bags and started another 7 day trip awesome.

I will caution you that it is VERY crazy busy with trucks, buses cars coming and going so be careful outside moving to next terminal there are no sidewalks on the dock side and the opposite side of street had some walk ways but some were closed for construction. We enjoy lunch the first day at Pig and Anchor restaurant it’s free and nobody there, unlike the buffet which is a mad house. Enjoy

Thank you for the info.  We thought since we were flying in from Europe and the dates tied in we would do both cruises at once and save flying over a second time, having said that we've booked to go from Miami at Christmas too

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

Thank you for the info.  We thought since we were flying in from Europe and the dates tied in we would do both cruises at once and save flying over a second time, having said that we've booked to go from Miami at Christmas too

On the Excel ships (Celebration), Cucina del Capitano, Chibang, and Guys Pig&Anchor are available at no charge the first time you dine there, then I believe it's $8 for additional visits. One "caveat", is you must have Your Time Dining if you want to dine at those spots before 7:30. Those with set time dining must wait until that time to dine at those restaurants. 

Last year we did a B2B, ok, side to side from the RCI Harmony of the Seas to the Celebration in Miami. We went a different "route" and debarked the Harmony as soon as we could to get down to the Celebration. Walking was really not an option, or at least a safe option, so we took a cab from the Harmony terminal down to Celebration. With all of that being unknown, we did things as soon as we could. We did wait about an hour to be let into the terminal and start checkin, We were under cover so no sitting in the hot sun, and chatting with others passed the time. We had a great time!!

• Like 2

We’ll be on the horizon cruise with you 🙂 I’m staying on for 2 more cruises after too! (B2B with my mom and then doing the 8 day again with my cousin)…can’t wait!

4 hours ago, bar1068 said:

On the Excel ships (Celebration), Cucina del Capitano, Chibang, and Guys Pig&Anchor are available at no charge the first time you dine there, then I believe it's $8 for additional visits. One "caveat", is you must have Your Time Dining if you want to dine at those spots before 7:30. Those with set time dining must wait until that time to dine at those restaurants. 

Last year we did a B2B, ok, side to side from the RCI Harmony of the Seas to the Celebration in Miami. We went a different "route" and debarked the Harmony as soon as we could to get down to the Celebration. Walking was really not an option, or at least a safe option, so we took a cab from the Harmony terminal down to Celebration. With all of that being unknown, we did things as soon as we could. We did wait about an hour to be let into the terminal and start checkin, We were under cover so no sitting in the hot sun, and chatting with others passed the time. We had a great time!!

Thanks for the info, I was hoping that Guy's Pig & Anchor was one of the free for the first time ones and yes we've got Your Time Dining

44 minutes ago, ktinnc said:

We’ll be on the horizon cruise with you 🙂 I’m staying on for 2 more cruises after too! (B2B with my mom and then doing the 8 day again with my cousin)…can’t wait!

We are really looking forward to it 

• Like 1

We did the Horizon at New Years and didn't get off the ship til around 1030. Previous times we were off by 9 or 930.  But, that sailing, debarkation was slow-going so we hung out on Lido and waited.   

• Like 1

Go to Guest Services and ask for assistance.  Most likely you will need to disembark fully, and wait for the Celebration terminal to open.  It opened in Feb a little after 10 am.

• Like 1

We have done a side by side, MSC to Carnival Celebration. We stayed on first ship as long as allowed then picked up luggage and out we went, (when checking in on-line earlier of course tried to get the earliest possible embarkation time on the Celebration), put new luggage tags on, walked to Celebration (was doable for us, just watch out for various vehicles moving around, some sidewalk is available), and were able to get checked in and wait in lounge area until boarding started. Worked great. The specialty restaurants that are complimentary for your first visit are, when open at lunch time, complimentary for unlimited visits. At dinnertime you do need to check in on App. Pig Anchor/Heroes Lounge also has a complimentary dinner menu, really enjoyed it, fun place. Someone earlier did suggest Pig Anchor only complimentary first time, that was not true for us. And for Pig Anchor we did not check in on App, just lined up at entrance.

• Thanks 1

You might get on a half hour earlier, but I would not do it.  I would go over the latest you can, and play the side to side card in the earlier than reservation check in line.  We have done two side to sides but not at same port.  Good luck and enjoy/

• Like 1

Another thing to keep in mind is that going to guest services for any help at all is a waste of time. Carnival recognizes side to side cruises as 2 separate cruises. B2B on the same ship they make all accommodations for.

They make no arrangements for luggage transfer, we just walked about 100 yards to next pier put our new luggage tags on gave to porter and went to terminal to wait for boarding. We didn’t have long to wait for Second cruise boarding maybe an hour or so.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Well the earliest check in time I could get for Celebration was 11.30. If I buy FFTF would it be much earlier? 

If boarding maybe 30 minutes earlier is worth $150 to you, more power to you.

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

If boarding maybe 30 minutes earlier is worth $150 to you, more power to you.

No, I was wondering though if it would get us in the terminal at maybe 10am it would be worth it though

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You might get on a half hour earlier, but I would not do it.  I would go over the latest you can, and play the side to side card in the earlier than reservation check in line.  We have done two side to sides but not at same port.  Good luck and enjoy/

@SpainAlien agree with jimbo, after you get off first ship as late as you can and make it to second ship, it could be they are not even looking at check-in times, I would just go into line and go with the flow, and then “if” your check-in time is mentioned you can play the “side to side” card, have fun. 

Edited by cellfree
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, its the life2283 said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that going to guest services for any help at all is a waste of time. Carnival recognizes side to side cruises as 2 separate cruises. B2B on the same ship they make all accommodations for.

They make no arrangements for luggage transfer, we just walked about 100 yards to next pier put our new luggage tags on gave to porter and went to terminal to wait for boarding. We didn’t have long to wait for Second cruise boarding maybe an hour or so.

Not true.  Guest Services may assist with side to sides when it is Carnival to Carnival 

• Like 1

Nope carnival doesn’t assist with side by side cruises, we went to guest services and they were pretty clueless. You are on your own but it’s not all that difficult wait until the last minute to get off cruise 1 then walk over to start cruise 2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the latest slot for debarkation was 10-10.20 from Horizon so we picked that. 

That's surprising, in my experience last and final call in Miami is usually around 9:45. Maybe things move a little slower with digital debarkation (haven't experienced that yet).

• Like 1