Back to Back (B2B) Cruise Turnaround Day

flourpot

I am going to be doing a B2B on the Valliant Lady this summer and am wondering if any food venues will be open on turnaround day (after everyone gets off the ship and before the new passengers get on). 

Thanks!

19 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

What port? If it's a US port, everyone needs to get off to zero out the ship.

However, I doubt anything will be open as the crew will be doing deep scrubs of everything.

I figured out the answer. Everyone doing the B2B will get off at the same time, go through customs, then return to the ship immediately after (or choose to go into port for the day, but then you have to go through the regular embarkation with the new guests). Restaurants open at 1pm on turnaround day.

The Galley will be open when you get back onboard, it's 24 hours and Dine and Dash at the very least will be open. It's possible Razzle Dazzle or The Wake will be open for turnaround lunch. You'll get a notice in your stateroom on how the process will work and don't expect to necessarily get right back onboard. There could be a delay of up to an hour depending on the Coast Guard inspection. They have to clear the ship before anyone is let back on. Usually it only takes a few minutes of paperwork, but it can take longer if there are any specific areas they need to see. 

During our B2B I believe only Dine & Dash was open in the Galley. There may have been a few grab& go options too, but I don't remember. The ship was very quiet during turn around. Shortly before everyone else boarded, we were able to start booking activities on the app.

In my experience on other lines, it has depended to some extent on how many cabins are doing B2B.  I was on a cruise where we were the only B2B and were advised that nothing would be open until boarding started.  On another cruise, there were 125 cabins doing B2B and they had 2 dining venues open for us (one adult only, one family).  The norm on VV is only Dine and Dash, but they can open others if numbers dictate

Generally on embarkation day most of the casual dining places like Galley stations and The Dock open at 1.30pm as soon as people board. Brunch stops at 10am.

So for those doing I expect b2b you’ll need to wait til 1.30pm to get lunch.