Seafood Shack

Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

We are on the Freedom this coming Monday, and I was curious if these prices are still true at the Seafood Shack.

A few other questions. 

Has anyone dined there on the Freedom recently? If so,  you know if the oysters are gulf oysters, or they’re cold water oysters? Hoping for the latter.

Is the quantity of lobster on the lobster BLTs equally as sparse as the lobster rolls? 

What had everyone enjoyed on the Freedom at the Seafood Shack recently?

Thanks for any help! ☺️

407813A7-6905-4BB9-B186-1038507A261F.jpeg

Edited by Timeforvaca

11 hours ago, Timeforvaca said:

Hi all, 

We are on the Freedom this coming Monday, and I was curious if these prices are still true at the Seafood Shack.

A few other questions. 

Has anyone dined there on the Freedom recently? If so,  you know if the oysters are gulf oysters, or they’re cold water oysters? Hoping for the latter.

Is the quantity of lobster on the lobster BLTs equally as sparse as the lobster rolls? 

What had everyone enjoyed on the Freedom at the Seafood Shack recently?

Thanks for any help! ☺️

407813A7-6905-4BB9-B186-1038507A261F.jpeg

I think those prices are out of date. In November on the Carnival Spirit, a lobster roll was $18.00.So add at least a Lincoln to every price. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Those prices are definitely out of date, but I've noticed that pricing is not consistent from ship to ship. That's probably because of suppler pricing. 😎

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Those prices are definitely out of date, but I've noticed that pricing is not consistent from ship to ship. That's probably because of suppler pricing. 😎

Now that is interesting.  We also noticed a fair volume discrepancy in terms of amount of lobster between ships.   

• Like 1

The only time I ordered raw Oysters from the seafood shack was out of New Orleans so they were Gulf oysters.  The oysters will depend on which port you sail out of. 

11 minutes ago, ScubaDuck said:

So is the shrimp on the platter "buffalo"? If not, is it allowable to get "non-buffalo" shrimp by itself instead of the buffalo? TIA!

No, not really "buffalo". They have the sauces that you can add to make it  "buffalo". 😎

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

No, not really "buffalo". They have the sauces that you can add to make it  "buffalo". 😎

Oh that makes more sense! Thank you!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I want to say the first time(2021?) I had the buffalo shrimp it had a slight kick to it, but no where close to being buffalo.  Every time since then it has been plain.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 5:43 AM, PSU2LSU said:

The only time I ordered raw Oysters from the seafood shack was out of New Orleans so they were Gulf oysters.  The oysters will depend on which port you sail out of. 

There is no guarantee they are Louisiana oysters since the Louisiana oyster producers cannot fulfill the demand, even of Louisiana restaurants and stores so the oysters could be from other states.