made to order station in buffet

dbrown84

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, this is what I'm referring to.  It's one of my goto meals on NCL, especially when they have the pesto sauce out

Can't make any promises as I have only ever sampled the pre-made pasta dishes on the buffet on my MSC sailings. They definitely do have a couple of those out at lunch and dinner every day, though I MUCH preferred the pasta dishes in the MDR, which were all amazing. I would always order the pasta dishes for both lunch and dinner and every time they were almost TOO good.

• Like 1

For breakfast on the Seascape, we had made-to-order omelets. But I was always very dismayed at how "messy"/unsanitary the cooking area looked (every day). The cooks never bothered to clean the mess. 

image.png.37ddbaa0c079246a9e75dd3fd4318297.png

And the hollandaise sauce for the Eggs Benedict was "lumpy" every day (e.g., scrambled eggs - a culinary school 101 failure)

image.png.8ce4085a787a53dba7bfaef0adf0f5ea.png

For dinner, I don't remember made-to-order pasta. A lot of pre-made stuff

image.png.3473a6e39b33326b0ce0c910250ce553.png

image.png.300505a8ebcfd96d6ab1adee74f25639.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

For breakfast on the Seascape, we had made-to-order omelets. But I was always very dismayed at how "messy"/unsanitary the cooking area looked (every day). The cooks never bothered to clean the mess. 

image.png.37ddbaa0c079246a9e75dd3fd4318297.png

And the hollandaise sauce for the Eggs Benedict was "lumpy" every day (e.g., scrambled eggs - a culinary school 101 failure)

image.png.8ce4085a787a53dba7bfaef0adf0f5ea.png

For dinner, I don't remember made-to-order pasta. A lot of pre-made stuff

image.png.3473a6e39b33326b0ce0c910250ce553.png

image.png.300505a8ebcfd96d6ab1adee74f25639.png

yes, the mess around that omelet station doesn't look appealing.  and maybe it's the angle of the picture, but it looks like the food on the surface is about to fall back into the containers

On 4/21/2024 at 12:02 PM, dbrown84 said:

does MSC, especially the Seashore, have made to order stations in the buffet for lunch/dinner?  I'm thinking pasta station, stir fry, or noodle bar.  I'm assuming they have omelet/egg stations at breakfast

On Seashore they had an omelet station. Only 3 choices. Ham,cheese, and something that looked like pico. 

they had a fried rice station at the buffet.