Cadillac Margarita on Carnival Ships

Let's take a little poll. What kind of tequila do you think should go in a Cadillac Margarita? We got 2 (each) today and they were both different. We tossed half of #2 and ordered another. We're not mad and we have it figured out, just curious what everyone thinks is the norm.

• Like 1

The "best tequila" on any Carnival ship is usually Patron Reposado or Anejo... In order to make a truly great margarita the most important thing is the fresh lime juice, which you'll likely only find at the Alchemy Bar unless someone else has a secret stash. Most of their "stock" sour mix is only going to make a "decent" margarita no matter how good the tequila is... Just my 2¢...

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Sid nailed it.  The only good margarita is made with fresh lime juice.  That stuff in a bottle is sugar water garbage.  But to answer your question it should be Patron IMO.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We had one made with 1800 Reposado today. As soon as that bartender walked away, we dumped it out and ordered from the bartender who makes it with Patron.

We haven't been able to get anywhere near Alchemy - our timing has been terrible.

Sometimes you just have to "camp out" there before Alchemy opens if you want a seat...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We had one made with 1800 Reposado today. As soon as that bartender walked away, we dumped it out and ordered from the bartender who makes it with Patron.

We haven't been able to get anywhere near Alchemy - our timing has been terrible.

Can't you specify which Tequila you'd like?

On 4/23/2024 at 9:38 AM, mamiamjo said:

Can't you specify which Tequila you'd like?

On 4/23/2024 at 1:24 PM, Frank12 said:

Yes you can and i always do!

Yes, definitely. I just made the wrong assumption that it was always made with Patron. And it wasn't on the menu so I was going off my memory of when I got it on Celebration at the Pig & Anchor Bar. They have fresh lime juice at Blue Iguana but not all the bartenders there having been using it this week. So we just order from the one who does. 😊

• Like 4