Green Lane, but no medallion

SECdawg

First time princess cruisers. We are checked in as green lane on Princess app but our medallions are not scheduled to be here until after we leave home. We have a previous cruise and land vacation before. Do we go to the blue lane since we will not have the medallions with us? This is Vancouver in case it matters.

THX

If you wish, you should have the ability to cancel your order and start fresh, specifying port pick up.  I did that, although in my case I went from port pick up to home delivery. 

If you do this, your medallions will be waiting for you at the port instead of needing to be made when you show up at the blue lane desk without them. Saves time, but I don’t know how much.

• Like 2

When I sailed out of Vancouver last Aug 2023, we picked up the Medallions at the port. The line wasn't that long and we got them within 5 mins. Picking up the Medallions wasn't a big thing, as they had many agents ready to process the Blue lane.

The longest time was waiting to be call up by number to board the Crown Princess, but even that was around 15 to 20 mins before we got onboard and was then able to head up to the Lido for Lunch.

10 hours ago, SECdawg said:

First time princess cruisers. We are checked in as green lane on Princess app but our medallions are not scheduled to be here until after we leave home. We have a previous cruise and land vacation before. Do we go to the blue lane since we will not have the medallions with us? This is Vancouver in case it matters.

THX

I'd go for the shortest line and consider myself lucky to have a choice if anyone checking lane assignment.

2 hours ago, akaCruiser said:

When I sailed out of Vancouver last Aug 2023, we picked up the Medallions at the port. The line wasn't that long and we got them within 5 mins. Picking up the Medallions wasn't a big thing, as they had many agents ready to process the Blue lane.

The longest time was waiting to be call up by number to board the Crown Princess, but even that was around 15 to 20 mins before we got onboard and was then able to head up to the Lido for Lunch.

I arrived early last year and it took about 45 minutes.  2 ships in port that day and others that came around 11 took over 3 hours to get through.

One line for both ships to clear customs to say people were not happy was an understatement so be prepared.

20 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I arrived early last yea

How early do you suggest getting to the port in Vancouver? I have only sailed from there once, and I remember it being confusing.