Princess wifi for elite cruisers

Posted (edited)

I’ve lost track of the wifi prices for elites, I have a 4 day cruise and the price is $77.52 with 50% off

i have a 15 day cruise and the price is the same $77.52 going by the app for both cruises so I think the 15 day cruise is a glitch in the system 

Edited by rkmw

Just now, MicCanberra said:

It would seem so. 

Note that if you have the Princess Plus package you get wifi with that.

No I’m on the standard fare 

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

I’ve lost track of the wifi prices for elites, I have a 4 day cruise and the price is $77.52 with 50% off

i have a 15 day cruise and the price is the same $77.52 going by the app for both cruises so I think the 15 day cruise is a glitch in the system 

Bob, if you have a 15 day cruise and that is the price, book now. There have been a few errors in the app on this cruise….one being two specialty dinners for $78, so take it what you can!

20 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Bob, if you have a 15 day cruise and that is the price, book now. There have been a few errors in the app on this cruise….one being two specialty dinners for $78, so take it what you can!

Thanks Cheryle with the 15 day cruise it works out at approx $5 a day 

nice bargain 

Posted (edited)

I felt that both prices you were quoted were wrong. The first one seems too high and the second one too low. I agree with 'resordanis' - book it for the 15 day cruise.

On a separate phone call enquire again about the price for the short cruise. You might be quoted a lower amount. 🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I felt that both prices you were quoted were wrong. The first one seems too high and the second one too low. I agree with 'resordanis' - book it for the 15 day cruise.

On a separate phone call enquire again about the price for the short cruise. You might be quoted a lower amount. 🙂

I’m not going to get the wifi for the 4 day cruise as we have stops in Newcastle and Eden but I got the good price for the 15 day one, $5 a day 

Just now, rkmw said:

I’m not going to get the wifi for the 4 day cruise as we have stops in Newcastle and Eden but I got the good price for the 15 day one, $5 a day 

$5 a day is so good. When someone offered a good deal, my Mum used to say "Shoot him in both legs before he gets away!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

Thanks Cheryle with the 15 day cruise it works out at approx $5 a day 

nice bargain 

Just go for it Bob. Rarely get a win these days!🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The price for the 4-day ($19.38/day) is the same as I see on my app (for Feb 2026).

13 minutes ago, boeckli said:

The price for the 4-day ($19.38/day) is the same as I see on my app (for Feb 2026).

Same for me on my app, so I think I'll pass. I'll just check e-mails in port and read the latest headlines from back here. Just like the old days.

Does anyone know how much a single day costs? I'll need the last day and if anything comes up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Same for me on my app, so I think I'll pass. I'll just check e-mails in port and read the latest headlines from back here. Just like the old days.

Does anyone know how much a single day costs? I'll need the last day and if anything comes up.

Someone posted on the Princess FB page it’s $20 daily for elites 

10 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Someone posted on the Princess FB page it’s $20 daily for elites 

That ($19.38/day) is the elite price for the whole cruise, single day would be more for sure.

50 minutes ago, boeckli said:

That ($19.38/day) is the elite price for the whole cruise, single day would be more for sure.

The price has really gone up since the last time I paid for internet on the Coral Princess for the world cruise last year. It cost me a bit more than $6.50 per day (it was well under $7). I know the price went up after I purchased, but $20 per day for elite means it would be $40 a day for everyone else.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I still remember when Princess Elite would get you free minutes of wifi.

But it was very slow. It was a challenge when you had to restrict yourself to 10-15 minutes a day on a long cruise.

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But it was very slow. It was a challenge when you had to restrict yourself to 10-15 minutes a day on a long cruise.

But it was a loyalty benefit that has now been removed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

But it was a loyalty benefit that has now been removed.

With the present wifi system, passengers stay logged on. It would be difficult to monitor the 'old' allowance of 250 minutes. As 'compensation' elite passengers get the new wifi at a 50% reduction in price.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

With the present wifi system, passengers stay logged on. It would be difficult to monitor the 'old' allowance of 250 minutes. As 'compensation' elite passengers get the new wifi at a 50% reduction in price.

But no free minutes at all. It wouldn't be that difficult all the need is a plan for 250 minutes and anyone who is elite gets that for free. Just like before.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

But no free minutes at all. It wouldn't be that difficult all the need is a plan for 250 minutes and anyone who is elite gets that for free. Just like before.

The problem is that modern technology no longer counts internet by minutes. 

I much prefer being able to book a Plus fare with drinks and internet covered (even though the wines are rubbish). I don't have to worry about keeping track of the minutes I've used and even with needing to buy wines by the bottle to get a decent selection it still works out cheaper (just) than not having Plus.

The price for the Internet is just a rip off. I thought it was a bit pricey at $10.50 a day but now its almost $20 per day for plat/elite and double that for lower tiers, its taken price gouging to a whole new level.

The last time my Internet Usage was monitored at a hotel a few years back, I used 300MB in 9 days. You'd use that much streaming for half an hour. Pricing is unfair and I suspect it has more to do with making the packages look attractive as younger people who have been brought up on it simply can't do without it.

Not me, so I'll have to work around it. I'm doing all my research now, booking any tickets I might need. I'll just have to suck it up and watch BBC or CNN for news and catch up on a bit of home news when in port. Same for checking e-mails. The good thing is any texts come through the moment you hit the port.

When cruising started up again the cruise to NZ I went on actually cost more for room only than room + package, go figure. Anyway I used to have a coffee in the morning, a cocktail in the arvo and a glass of port or a drinking chocolate before bed. Plus 3 small bottles of water in total. The mini-bar came home. A package is a total waste of money for me and I'm sure others like me. Princess could easily give a few hundred MB of free wifi.

• Like 1