Cancellation of MDR reservations for post Sept cruises

lorri111

We all know the dining booking changes in June for cruises post Sept, and that current MDR reservations are supposed to be cancelled - has anyone actually had pre-existing bookings cancelled yet? We have 3 cruises post Sept and in each case our reservations are still showing on the app.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lorri111 said:

We all know the dining booking changes in June for cruises post Sept, and that current MDR reservations are supposed to be cancelled - has anyone actually had pre-existing bookings cancelled yet? We have 3 cruises post Sept and in each case our reservations are still showing on the app.

All of mine are still there & have not read about anyone’s MDR reservations being canceled yet.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, [Big Z] said:

Mine were cancelled the day after the announcement was made. 

Interesting, when is the cruise, maybe they are doing cancellations in date order?

5 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Interesting, when is the cruise, maybe they are doing cancellations in date order?

3 minutes ago, [Big Z] said:

October and December 2024. 

That might be the reason…mine isn’t until March 2025 when we’re eagerly anticipating our cruise around Australia. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

That might be the reason…mine isn’t until March 2025 when we’re eagerly anticipating our cruise around Australia. 😃

Ours are Sept 24, April 25 and Sept 25....

They may be working by ship.  IDK.

I have bookings from late 2024 through 2026, and so far, only 1 has been disabled for booking/accessing the MDR.  Ruby 2025.

So, sit back and relax.  This may take a while! 🤣

• Like 2

Not trying to be a "Know it all" but my take on this is if you haven't as yet paid the full balance which is normally due around 3 months prior to departure then you won't hear anything until the balance is paid. Might be completely wrong. Just my own idea on this.

3 hours ago, Flo71 said:

I'm Oct 2024, mine are still there. I booked all mine in Estrella on Sky.

Perhaps we should all go with the Flo then ? I have booked our first night on Sky in Estrella as well. I think maybe, although no expert, that cancellation of bookings may take place after balances have been paid. Our cruise funnily enough departs the day after these new arrangements come in.

I am wondering if they are keeping the bookings that align with the new system, ie if by chance you picked the dining room that will offer either traditional or reserved times in that particular ship?

2 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Perhaps we should all go with the Flo then ? I have booked our first night on Sky in Estrella as well. I think maybe, although no expert, that cancellation of bookings may take place after balances have been paid. Our cruise funnily enough departs the day after these new arrangements come in.

I'm the end of Oct, 28th. I wonder if Estrella will be the reservations restaurant then they wouldn't need to cancel reservations made 🙂

8 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Canceling reservations should be a matter of selecting all the cruise bookings with MDR reservations and then updating the database to remove them. This is a simple script that can be written and tested in less than a day. It might actually be less work than doing it cruise by cruise.

That said, from what I have seen of Princess IT, I have no expectation that canceling our reservations won't be a total mess. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My reservations are still there for sailings in October, January, and February. All are paid in full. I find the fact that they are cancelling all reservations rather than just moving them to the dining room for advance reservations incredibly frustrating. I wonder if they know that they have more reservations than they can accommodate?

On 4/24/2024 at 9:37 AM, Flo71 said:

I'm the end of Oct, 28th. I wonder if Estrella will be the reservations restaurant then they wouldn't need to cancel reservations made 🙂

I believe all reservations will be flushed in due course.  PCL will not know how many of those with reservations will elect TD versus re-booking their same reservations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe all reservations will be flushed in due course.  PCL will not know how many of those with reservations will elect TD versus re-booking their same reservations.

I think it’s very possible that those who are booked every night for the earliest times are very likely to move to traditional dining. Just moving them there might make sense.

On the other hand why they think that people who reserved for 7:00 would no longer want to eat at 7;00 baffles me.

i would have left all reservations not at the early or late TD times stand, only moving them to the appropriate dining room, then let those who want some different re-book. My guess is that the problem is that they have more reservations booked at those middle times than can now be accommodated. 

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

I think it’s very possible that those who are booked every night for the earliest times are very likely to move to traditional dining. Just moving them there might make sense.

On the other hand why they think that people who reserved for 7:00 would no longer want to eat at 7;00 baffles me.

i would have left all reservations not at the early or late TD times stand, only moving them to the appropriate dining room, then let those who want some different re-book. My guess is that the problem is that they have more reservations booked at those middle times than can now be accommodated. 

I hear you, but I have to laugh at the thought of the IT team trying to successfully program which res to delete, keep, or change.  Far easier to wipe the slate clean and have everyone start over.

Won't be surprised if DMW crashes from overload when the reservations re-open, however. 

• Like 2