Restaurants in San Juan, PR

Gitana

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Marmalade - Take their wine pairing Dinner - Excellent 

But do book very early - Popular - https://www.marmaladepr.com

Marmalade is great, but the food isn't Puerto Rican. It's more fusion than pure Boriquen.  

Riaces is a good choice.  And even though it's more commercial than the smaller ones next to it, the quality is really good.  

We had a great meal a few years ago at a place that was owner by a former pitcher for the New York Yankee's. can't remember the name but I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

6 minutes ago, jsf said:

We had a great meal a few years ago at a place that was owner by a former pitcher for the New York Yankee's. can't remember the name but I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

Think it was Lupi’s Mexican Restaurant that one is trying to recall… 

14 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Marmalade is great, but the food isn't Puerto Rican. It's more fusion than pure Boriquen.  

Riaces is a good choice.  And even though it's more commercial than the smaller ones next to it, the quality is really good.  

We had a bad experience here last time with service and food in December 2022.  We were there before and I don't know why it was different as we enjoyed it prior.  I know we won't go back.

I'm trying to remember a place that was delicious near the forts that a tour guide gave us.  It was fantastic.

Posted (edited)

Definitely Barrachina's for a pina colada! You can take one to go if you wish.

I also went to Cafe Manolin for mofongo, it was incredible!!!! Their espresso was also 👌

Edited by spethstation

When we were in SJ in March, we walked by  Barrachina's at lunch and there was a line a block long. We had been there other times after lunch and had to wait in line to get the pina colada at the bar. In March we went back to Riaces  and got right in. Have always loved that place. It was recommended by 2 friends from PR.