BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

On 8/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, Aus Traveller said:

There isn't a problem with planes landing at Easter Island. I can't recall which model plane we flew in from Santiago to Easter Island, but it was a full-size jet and the airport is a reasonable size. Currently LATAM uses Boeing 787 Dreamliners.

Except for the winds, restricting landings.

After leaving Hangaroa, Easter Island Coral Princess had two days at sea as she headed to  Pitcairn Island.

This morning (Australia / New Zealand time) the Coral Princess did a scenic cruise past Pitcairn Island.

cp0408202402.jpg

coralprincess-location-05082024.jpg

As Coral Princess webcam is still not updating so no web cam capture.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 4:43 PM, aussiecruiser66 said:

That was the reason that we cancelled our 2025 WC on the Crown as we had already booked and paid for our Easter Island tours and without any reason given-we received our money back and the itinerary had been changed to “scenic cruising”.

We have just booked the 37n segment on the Zuiderdam WC from FL to Sydney on the 4th January 25- we get to go through the Panama Canal ( which we missed out on due to Covid), and we have booked the 2 day overnight stay on EI as we arrive at 10am and don’t leave until 4pm the next day. They are also offering a 4 day overland adventure to the Galápagos Islands from Manta Equador and a 2 day Cusco and Machu Picchu overland adventure from Callao,Peru.We are super impressed with the itinerary and excursions offered- as it visits some places we haven’t been to before and were on our bucket list.

We got a great deal that included our airfares, transfers,2n accommodation in FL and the 37n cruise for cheaper than HAL site and the guru

Looks like today is the day where we exit the 2025 WC in favour of B2B Midnight Sun/British Isles cruises. After the changes, that 30-night combo now has more ports than the 57 nights on Crown. With no intention to call at Easter Island, there is a heck of a lot of sea days between Pisco & Sydney. Departing Pisco on 3rd September, there is just 3 ports of Papeete, Moorea & Auckland in 22 days of cruising. 

• Like 5

After leaving Pitcairn Island Coral Princess has had two days at sea as she heads towards Papeete, Tahiti:

coral-princess-location07082024.jpg

Current position of Coral Princess: Under way from Pitcairn (Passage) to Papeete (Tahiti)

• Departure was 2 d 13 hrs 15 min ago. (at 14:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 6 hrs 45 min. (at 08:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Pitcairn (Passage): 998.50 nm (1,849.23 km)
  • Remaining distance to Papeete (Tahiti): 185.08 nm (342.77 km)
  • Traveled distance since New York (NY): 7,964.69 nm (14,750.60 km)
  • Speed: 15.10 kn (27.97 km/h)
  • Course: 308°
  • Thanks 1

Today Coral Princess is docked in Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia.

She is spending overnight in Papeete.

SnapShot-20240808_111259.thumb.jpg.a41b9f531b102350a08d3d9ee329e608.jpg

coral_princess_ais_08082024.thumb.JPG.17ade3cfd5794778758a4b31e1fac689.JPG

It wont be long before she start heading home again!

Then it wont be long before we have to to say farewell to the Coral Princess, when she says good bye to Australia and heads back to the USA.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Today Coral Princess is docked in Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia.

She is spending overnight in Papeete.

Not quite overnight. We move to Moorea around 4am.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

It wont be long before she start heading home again!

I'm already wondering if all my new purchases will fit in the suitcases.😁

• Haha 5

Yesterday Princess had small ice-creams containers for the passengers as they returned from Moorea.

A nice touch upon returning to the ship after a warm day ashore.

Well done Princess. 🙂

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Thank to the power of Social Media 🙂

I have some
unique photos for you.

I have been sent some photos from Pitcairn Island off the Coral Princess sailing past the island: 😮

Thank You to Malcolm Lamont for the photos.

454241667_10161385277759598_3002245665823837897_n.jpg

454277803_10161385281719598_9222404281619888825_n.jpg

453742662_10161382319164598_8504238542727957967_n.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Your world sailing odyssey is a thing of wonder follow, Julie, and many thanks for all your postings.  If I may ask, how, in your opinion, does Princess compare to Cunard?

• Like 4

I put on my coat and headed out on the pool deck for the group photo for this years World Cruise.

It was a bit of fun for everyone and many of the crew came along as well which was just great to see.

The photographer was a real pro herding us all into a small enough group to fit into the frame. We all had fun following the photographer's direction doing the wave and so forth.

I hope this is the first of many World Cruise photos for us as we have had a such a good time on this cruise thanks to the fellow passengers and the wonderful staff we have interacted with onboard.

I can see now why they have so many return passengers for the world cruises.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Your world sailing odyssey is a thing of wonder follow, Julie, and many thanks for all your postings.  If I may ask, how, in your opinion, does Princess compare to Cunard?

We've only done one short cruise on Cunard which really only gave us a taste. 

We had treated ourselves to Princess Grills on Cunard, their mini-suite class. The cabin was identical to the one we'd had on Diamond Princess, just a little nicer decor. However the Cunard Princess Grills dining experience definitely outshines the Princess Reserve Collection (which we experienced in 2022). BTW we have declared the section of the Bordeaux MDR on Coral as the unofficial Reserve Collection area - we dine there every time we go to the MDR, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and get superb service and sometimes extra dishes.

Our cabin steward on Cunard wasn't as good as many of the Princess cabin stewards we've had over the years. He never even introduced himself!

What live entertainment we did catch on Cunard was as good as Princess, as were the trivia sessions.

We'd certainly cruise Cunard again especially if Princess keeps on building bigger and bigger ships. We're running out of Princess ships that we like! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sewgood said:

I can see now why they have so many return passengers for the world cruises.

I must confess I'm getting a bit tired of the Princess food offerings. There doesn't seem to be as much variety in the dinner menus as I recall when we did the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2019 and, of course, there are not as many "luxury" food items as in the past. Although I did try the lobster the other night and it was the best Princess lobster I've had for a long time.

The buffet selections are boring too, and the savoury selections in the International Cafe rarely change.

All things that are perfectly fine for shorter cruises but not on a cruise as long as this one.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

26th April to 15th August, the Auckland WC passengers won't be concerned with the buffet today.

Time flies.

Fixed it for you!

We boarded in Sydney 30th April.

Time flies indeed. 

• Like 1

After leaving Moorea, French Polynesia Coral Princess had 4 days at sea, (not counting the day they lost on the way down), as they headed towards Auckland, New Zealand....

Today Coral Princess is in Auckland, New Zealand.

Welcome home to all the New Zealand World Cruisers 😁

coral-princess-ais15082024.jpg

• Like 2