Booking dinner reservation with 3 night dining package.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You must book these on board

Whatever happened to Royal's announcement earlier in the year stating that reserving specialty restaurants would be available online pre-boarding to coincide with the launch date of Icon OTS?That date has come and gone and still not able to reserve using the UDP. Did they completely scrap that idea or is it still in the works?

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Whatever happened to Royal's announcement earlier in the year stating that reserving specialty restaurants would be available online pre-boarding to coincide with the launch date of Icon OTS?That date has come and gone and still not able to reserve using the UDP. Did they completely scrap that idea or is it still in the works?

Seems to be a low priority.  

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Seems to be a low priority.  

Must be a very low priority for them like you said, but it sure would be nice to be able to get all the reservations out of the way before boarding, instead of having to stand in a line to make them once onboard. The only problem I see with that is if you see a lower price, you would hesitate to cancel and buy back at a lower price for fear of losing those prime times,so the cancelation incentive would go away and that would leave more money in Royal's pocket. Would seem it would be a higher priority for them to change. 

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Must be a very low priority for them like you said, but it sure would be nice to be able to get all the reservations out of the way before boarding, instead of having to stand in a line to make them once onboard. The only problem I see with that is if you see a lower price, you would hesitate to cancel and buy back at a lower price for fear of losing those prime times,so the cancelation incentive would go away and that would leave more money in Royal's pocket. Would seem it would be a higher priority for them to change. 

Something nice that we saw on Odyssey in March and they said it was the first week they did it was restauarant staff in the terminal prior to boarding making reservations.  It was fabulous, made all mine in yhe terminal at 10:30 prior to boarding. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Something nice that we saw on Odyssey in March and they said it was the first week they did it was restauarant staff in the terminal prior to boarding making reservations.  It was fabulous, made all mine in yhe terminal at 10:30 prior to boarding. 

Wow - that's great! Thanks for sharing!!

I read another thread that stated they were able to make all their dining reservations in the app once on board the ship.  Hoping that is at least the case as I would much prefer doing that than standing in line and making reservations manually with the staff!

24 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

I read another thread that stated they were able to make all their dining reservations in the app once on board the ship.  Hoping that is at least the case as I would much prefer doing that than standing in line and making reservations manually with the staff!

I would prefer that as well! Hope the change comes soon fleet-wide.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 5:04 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

This is great and a start. Were you in a suite or regular cabin?

I cannot believe that Royal still has us getting on the ship and then booking.

What a waste of everyone's time.

2 hours ago, js said:

This is great and a start. Were you in a suite or regular cabin?

I cannot believe that Royal still has us getting on the ship and then booking.

What a waste of everyone's time.

If you don't want to waste your time just book full price and make your reservations. 

On 4/29/2024 at 5:16 PM, taglovestocruise said:

If you don't want to waste your time just book full price and make your reservations. 

Thank you. So does this hack work that I would go ahead and book with my credit card when ressies open. Then what do I do once onboard? Do I go to a restaurant or wherever and 

tell them what I have, ask them to cancel and rebook me same date/time and then use my seapass card for my OBC?
Thank you.

6 hours ago, js said:

Thank you. So does this hack work that I would go ahead and book with my credit card when ressies open. Then what do I do once onboard? Do I go to a restaurant or wherever and 

tell them what I have, ask them to cancel and rebook me same date/time and then use my seapass card for my OBC?
Thank you.

My statement was about how to not stand in line to book, paying full price and getting it taken care of before boarding.  However if you are looking for a hack to the system then do this. 

Go into the cruise planner pick your three restaurants , pick your days and times and pay full price.  Go back into the cruise planner and purchase the three night package and pay the discount price.  Once onboard go to guest services and let them know you purchased the three night package and would like to use that for your reservation keeping the same time and days. They will issue you a fully refundable OBC for the full price you paid. Many on cruise critic have done this in the past and we also have done it several times.  We usually just pick one for a full price if there is a specific time and day we want. You can book cruise planner dinner reservations a year or more in advance.