Booked another cruise Below the Salt

Essiesmom

Not the itinerary I would have preferred, but solos can’t pick and choose.  Sailing Seashore again on June 23, Ocean Cay and Mexico.  Way below the salt this time…Bella OV gty.  Chose OV and Bella was only option offered.  But I love a gty booking, as I don’t care where I am.  Might get upgraded to balcony, but I seldom use a balcony so it doesn’t matter.  I’ll do another Live from when the time comes.  EM

• Like 8

On 4/27/2024 at 8:54 AM, Essiesmom said:

Not the itinerary I would have preferred, but solos can’t pick and choose.  Sailing Seashore again on June 23, Ocean Cay and Mexico.  Way below the salt this time…Bella OV gty.  Chose OV and Bella was only option offered.  But I love a gty booking, as I don’t care where I am.  Might get upgraded to balcony, but I seldom use a balcony so it doesn’t matter.  I’ll do another Live from when the time comes.  EM

I like that saying "below the salt" (never heard it before).

Based on our "non-use" of many YC perks....our next MSC cruise may be "below the salt" too.

Enjoy your cruise.......

It’s a medieval thing…Thomas B Costain wrote a book with that title, a historical time travel novel.  It’s worth a read.  It’s been more than 50 years since I read it.  EM

• Like 1

The below the salt comment caught my attention.

Salt was an expensive commodity and a cellar was ceremonially placed on the long table. Those at the top of the table had flavoured food, fine white matchett bread etc.. Those below the salt had less fine food and were of a lower social station.

There were also sumptuary laws which dictated which colours of cloth certain people could wear. Some colours of fabric were reserved for the “higher” classes.

It’s been so long since I read the book that I downloaded the kindle edition from Amazon for $.98.  I keep checking the app to see if I have a cabin assigned.  I was doing foolish things last night… I find I can do a 5 night on Valiant Lady, get off and get on Magnifica for 3 nights.  The inconvenience of flights is the problem.  It’s fun to play…. EM

• Like 1