Live: Queen Anne Maiden Voyage.

Colin_Cameron

That is the biggest problem with cruise holidays. The days before them go so slowly whilst the days onboard whizz by! 
I hope everyone had a fantastic time onboard and thank you one and all for your feedback. It has been very useful.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

That is the biggest problem with cruise holidays. The days before them go so slowly whilst the days onboard whizz by! 
I hope everyone had a fantastic time onboard and thank you one and all for your feedback. It has been very useful.

Actually I find a change of location means time goes relatively slowly for a week; I used to go on two week holidays - only the second week flew past. 

Given that every week passes gets me a week closer to “meeting my maker” I’m quite happy for time to pass slowly waiting for a holiday. However weeks seem to flash past…

I mean there must be more than one more Boat Race every year? Or Grand National? Or Eurovision Song Contest? 

And pretty soon - 6 weeks or so - the evenings will start drawing in again… 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

Have a good last day onboard if you're disembarking tomorrow.

Thank goodness we won't be disembarking tomorrow - I am not ready to leave this ship just yet! I won't be updating my blog daily for the next 2 weeks, but I will continue with sporadic posts. After a very shaky start things are running much more smoothly, and she is in good shape to greet new guests, but I will be sad to see those who are leaving tomorrow go 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Actually I find a change of location means time goes relatively slowly for a week; I used to go on two week holidays - only the second week flew past. 

Given that every week passes gets me a week closer to “meeting my maker” I’m quite happy for time to pass slowly waiting for a holiday. However weeks seem to flash past…

I mean there must be more than one more Boat Race every year? Or Grand National? Or Eurovision Song Contest? 

And pretty soon - 6 weeks or so - the evenings will start drawing in again… 

It is a fascinating phenomenon. Do you remember how long it seemed to half term - or even Friday - when you were at primary school? And six week summer holidays seemed infinite, whereas, when I was a teacher, eight week summer holidays rushed by in a blink.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It is a fascinating phenomenon. Do you remember how long it seemed to half term - or even Friday - when you were at primary school? And six week summer holidays seemed infinite, whereas, when I was a teacher, eight week summer holidays rushed by in a blink.

There is the argument that time passes quicker as you age. I’ve seen arguments that it’s to do with proportion of your life lived, but that makes no sense to me. 

55 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a good last day onboard if you're disembarking tomorrow.

We really wish we could extend, there’s been availability all week.

Unfortunately it clashes with some business travel towards the end of the month.

That being said, we’re waitlisted for the 7th of June Western Mediterranean and booked on the 23rd of June Fjords trip.

While we’re sad to leave, we’re even happier to have been on the ship and have thoroughly enjoyed it. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

Truth be told I was worried the week would fly by, and while it has gone quick, not as quick as I was worried about. So I’m happy! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Unfortunately it clashes with some business travel towards the end of the month.

That being said, we’re waitlisted for the 7th of June Western Mediterranean and booked on the 23rd of June Fjords trip.

While we’re sad to leave, we’re even happier to have been on the ship and have thoroughly enjoyed it. 

That is such good news. There has been so much negativity, I actually asked my husband this morning if he wanted to cancel, though it wasn’t the only reason. But no, I am in the middle of packing.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

That is such good news. There has been so much negativity, I actually asked my husband this morning if he wanted to cancel, though it want the only reason. But no, I am in the middle of packing.

Arguably it’s all opinionated. I’m not one to tell you what to do with your money, but if i may, give her a try - you may, and honestly probably will, be surprised in a good way! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MylesS said:

Arguably it’s all opinionated. I’m not one to tell you what to do with your money, but if i may, give her a try - you may, and honestly probably will, be surprised in a good way! 

Telling would be one thing, but advice is always gratefully received. I am worried about spending a fortnight looking at the wall in the QG though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

There is the argument that time passes quicker as you age. I’ve seen arguments that it’s to do with proportion of your life lived, but that makes no sense to me. 

Yes that is factually correct. 

Lunch in the Golden Lion today, fast service and good food. 

While the Cheese Toastie was good, I’d don’t think I’d pay $7.50 for it again. 

IMG_4883.thumb.jpeg.04b71fd5c4d085584296edbcedb0d3ee.jpegIMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.f1aded09c939a0bb9129f5349ab3b270.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MylesS said:

Happy to report our waitlist came through, and we’ll be spending a total of 23 nights on Queen Anne from the 7th of June 🙌

• Like 7

6 hours ago, MylesS said:

IMG_4883.thumb.jpeg.04b71fd5c4d085584296edbcedb0d3ee.jpegIMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.f1aded09c939a0bb9129f5349ab3b270.jpeg

Thanks for taking one for the team - but no thanks - looks like wasted calories to me! Delighted you have managed to get your next trip sorted and look forward to reading about your continuing experience on Queen Anne. Thanks again for your input!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MylesS said:

I tried the Golden Lion burger from room service last night, and I will say that was to me worth $11, very well presented (looked like a burger you’d see in an advertisement!), great quality ingredients and filling. 

Maybe not something I’d get everyday for many obvious reasons, but a once in a while treat definitely. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MylesS said:

we'll see you on the Fjords trip, can't wait to get on board. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MylesS said:

Since when have you had to pay for food in the Golden Lion? As far as I remember the food is free and you only have to pay for any drinks.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray66 said:

Since when have you had to pay for food in the Golden Lion? As far as I remember the food is free and you only have to pay for any drinks.

Most of the food is free, but there is a charge for certain items.