Port of Miami/Platinum

We haven't sailed out of Miami since turning platinum.  Is there a separate waiting area?  We will be sailing with my son and family and we are  surprising the grandkids, they don't know we'll be sailing with them.  We don't want them to see us before we board.

11 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We haven't sailed out of Miami since turning platinum.  Is there a separate waiting area?  We will be sailing with my son and family and we are  surprising the grandkids, they don't know we'll be sailing with them.  We don't want them to see us before we board.

Yes, Terminal F has separate areas to wait if you arrive before boarding starts. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Edsny said:

There is no order in Miami.I am platinum. They don't question. Most people have no clue.

There is at Terminal F.  People are sorted if boarding has not begin.  This is the Diamond Only area. Boarding passes are checked.

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (46).jpg

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

There is at Terminal F.  People are sorted if boarding has not begin.  This is the Diamond Only area. Boarding passes are checked.

Nice, do Plats have another waiting area?

5 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Nice, do Plats have another waiting area?

In F, platinum, diamond, suites, FTTF are all in the same area. They just have each group broken out within the same area. If that makes sense. So you won’t see anyone not in the priority seating.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

In F, platinum, diamond, suites, FTTF are all in the same area. They just have each group broken out within the same area. If that makes sense. So you won’t see anyone not in the priority seating.

Only Suites and Diamonds are together and "divided" by a partition.  FTTF and Plats were directed elsewhere.  Photo 1 Diamond Area   Photo 2 Suites Area.  Why Suites got the uncomfortable chairs is a puzzle..

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (47).jpg

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Only Suites and Diamonds are together and "divided" by a partition.  FTTF and Plats were directed elsewhere.  Photo 1 Diamond Area   Photo 2 Suites Area.  Why Suites got the uncomfortable chairs is a puzzle..

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (47).jpg

Every time we have been to terminal F, the diamond and platinum go to the same area and are given different Priority cards. And then there is a sign that designates where people sit (diamond, platinum, suites). But it’s the same general area. And it’s completely separate from non priority boarding. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

@Butterbean1000here is a photo from Saint Greg’s current sailing to show what I mean. I probably have done a poor job describing it. You’ll see platinum on the right. 

IMG_0248.jpeg

Another silly question, how visible is this from the general waiting area?  We are trying to not be seen.

12 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Another silly question, how visible is this from the general waiting area?  We are trying to not be seen.

I don’t think it’s visible from general waiting. I think the risk of being seen is before you get to the waiting area. When you get to the port and initially enter the building, there is a priority line. But in that area, everyone can see everyone else. Then once you check in, you’ll take the escalator up to the priority waiting area and then you’ll be safe. So coordinate getting to that point so you don’t see your grandkids. Hope that makes sense.

1 minute ago, Hoosierpop said:

I don’t think it’s visible from general waiting. I think the risk of being seen is before you get to the waiting area. When you get to the port and initially enter the building, there is a priority line. But in that area, everyone can see everyone else. Then once you check in, you’ll take the escalator up to the priority waiting area and then you’ll be safe. So coordinate getting to that point so you don’t see your grandkids. Hope that makes sense.

It does make sense, thank you.  I'm sure we'll be constantly texting with my son to try to coordinate things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

It does make sense, thank you.  I'm sure we'll be constantly texting with my son to try to coordinate things.

If you really want to play it safe you could always show up in disguise!😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nc762shooter said:

If you really want to play it safe you could always show up in disguise!😁

Haha.  I will be wearing a big floppy hat and sunglasses.  I'm not so worried about them seeing me, it's the hubs that will probably give it away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

In Terminal F I don't even know where the General Waiting area is. The Priority lounge is completely separate and very nice. The other thing that I liked was they made the Dia/Plat/Suites announcement seemingly ONLY in that area. One goes up a separate escalator and boards the ship without even seeing anyone else. Quite nice actually.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Haha.  I will be wearing a big floppy hat and sunglasses.  I'm not so worried about them seeing me, it's the hubs that will probably give it away.

So, I mentioned your plan to my wife and she thought it’s an awesome idea you have. Then she brought up that when you go up the escalators to board, it’s possible that the general boarding area may see people? We honestly don’t know if that’s true, because we never really paid attention. But just in case, I’d have your family looking the other way when you are walking to board. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Or show up after they have boarded...

We have 10:30 arriving time.  The port shuttle from our hotel only has 2 runs, 9:30 and 1:30.  My son is driving down from Orlando and there seems to be a lot of construction along the way so he wants to get a super early start.  The plan is to do a geo cashe for the kids to follow and we'll be the the "treasure".  We'll be in constant contact with DS via texts.

Edited by Butterbean1000

26 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

So, I mentioned your plan to my wife and she thought it’s an awesome idea you have. Then she brought up that when you go up the escalators to board, it’s possible that the general boarding area may see people? We honestly don’t know if that’s true, because we never really paid attention. But just in case, I’d have your family looking the other way when you are walking to board. 

We'll make sure DS has them distracted.