Internet options

So I am on ovation, I booked 2 separate internet packages, 1 for me and 1 for my wife.  The thought occured to me, is there a difference between 2 separate people or 1 person having 2 items.  Specific to my options, it's approximately 150 for 1 person and then another 150 for the other.  Or I could select 1 person 2 devices and it's 230 total.  What are difference if me and my wife are in the same room?

1 minute ago, miyanc said:

What are difference if me and my wife are in the same room?

None other than cost and logins - go with the two device package unless you can cut it back to one device and share that.

Posted (edited)

I thought the difference is that you can't be on the second device if on the first. but you'd both need the same login so if 2 devices can be opened art same time going with 1 package for 2 devices might make sense.

Edited by crewsweeper

Just now, crewsweeper said:

I thought the difference is that you can't be on the second device if on the first. but you'd both need the same login so might make sense.

The OP is talking about two device packages - either a single two device package or two one device packages - their functionality is the same, allow two devices at the same time.

Posted (edited)

The difference is really billing and convenience.

With a 1 person, [more than 1] device package, it's billed to one person and you can knock each other off if you log in with an additional device once you attempt to log in with a new device when all the logins in your package are currently in use.

With multiple 1 person, 1 device plan, that's good for when you want it billed to separate people.

Really as long as you don't care about individual billing, the 1 person, [more than 1] device package will always be a better deal.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

With multiple 1 person, 1 device plan, that's good for when you want it billed to separate people.

and for some reason you want separate/distinct logins.

• Like 1

• 2 people with 1 device each: Each person has their own "account" and their own log in. Each person can switch which device they are using without affecting the other person.
  • 2 people sharing a 2 device plan: There is 1 "account" and 1 log in. If either person attempts to connect a 3rd device without first explicitly logging out of their current device, then the system will kick one of the current devices off, connecting the new one. Anecdotally, the belief is the system kicks off the device connected the longest.

The first way is more controlled. The second way can be much cheaper. Especially when you go to 3 or 4 people.

• Like 1

1 person, 2 devices= cheaper, share login, both devices can be used at same time

2 person, 1 device each= more expensive, 2 separate logins, both devices can be used at same time.

Your call, cheaper or don’t want to share login?

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

1 person, 2 devices= cheaper, share login, both devices can be used at same time

2 person, 1 device each= more expensive, 2 separate logins, both devices can be used at same time.

Your call, cheaper or don’t want to share login?

You are assuming there there is a 1:1 people to devices. If you have more devices than people, then the second option gives you more control. It's still not necessary, but it has a definite advantage. There's 2 of us, we have 4 devices. I still do option 1, but I can see where option 2 could work better for people, especially if one of those people is playing online games. You wouldn't want someone else logging into a new device to kick you off if you are in the middle of a game. Since we have Android phones, we have the option of doing a WiFi hotspot on our phone's WiFi connection to connect our other devices, so we don't even have to worry about kicking anyone off.

51 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

You maybe able to use your travel router to split the one account into two simultaneous connections.  I fought the law and the law won.

This is only good as long as you are together. If you plan on using WhatsApp for communicating with each other when you are not together, that won't work.