Hmmm, a little concerned about some possible changes since Queen Anne

10 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I shan’t be deserting Cunard for the lack of a few snacks that I don’t eat any way. 

I'm sure Cunard appreciate your loyalty.

Unlike yourself, others are starting to question such cutbacks, small as they are they all add up.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2024 at 2:16 AM, TowandaUK said:

Celebrity charge $9.95 for all room service except continental breakfast unless you are in a suite. At least Cunard haven’t gone down that road. 

Yes and that is one of the reasons we never went back to Celebrity!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, S1971 said:

Unlike yourself, others are starting to question such cutbacks, small as they are they all add up.

Sure any cutbacks will be annoying to some but it’s the larger ‘picture' which draws us back and until there are major changes, will continue to do so.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S1971 said:

Well judging by the number of sold out voyages I am seeing and limited cabin availability on others I  feel plenty of folk are feeling happy to stick with Cunard as myself and my family are across all cabin grades. I  have said before a couple of free snacks now being charged for is neither here  or there to me. My loyalty brings with it perks which I take full advantage off and enjoy and also save me money which I would have otherwise have had to spend. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Well judging by the number of sold out voyages I am seeing and limited cabin availability on others I  feel plenty of folk are feeling happy to stick with Cunard as myself and my family are across all cabin grades. I  have said before a couple of free snacks now being charged for is neither here  or there to me. My loyalty brings with it perks which I take full advantage off and enjoy and also save me money which I would have otherwise have had to spend. 

No one is denying voyages are sold out, but judging by the comments on this and other threads and boards a lot people are not aware of or been informed of the cutbacks and additional charges, that's quite apparent.

They are finding out once onboard, therefore Cunard, P&O, Carnival are not being transparent in what they are doing.

No spirits to be taken onboard, no canapes, upcharges to name just three, none of which were published prior to implementation, that's just bad customer service.

Whilst it doesn't appear to impact on you, I certainly empathise with those it does.

There will always be those whose loyalty will never wane, until it effects them of course.

• Like 2

None of the apparent ‘cutbacks ' will have any effect on us and it must be noted, those who post to complain on this and any other type of social media are but a drop in the ocean of cruise passengers.

Drink nibbles still seem to be available; up charges are few at the moment; apart from party cruise a long time ago, it wouldn’t occur to us, and many, to take a bar full of bottles onboard, preferring to PAYG onboard.

Sad for those to whom the small changes matter. Acceptance of these small changes for the rest of us.

• Like 1

Cutbacks are to be expected, given that cruises have been priced at around about the same level for at least 20 years. Main thing is for them to be in the places which make the least impact to the majority of guests. 

• Like 2

Never taken spirits onboard a cruise whether Cunard or other, canapes would never miss because they are horrible and only eat them because can ot put them down the toilet or throw them overboard lol.

5 hours ago, S1971 said:

This is no different to every other cruise line out there

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, S1971 said:

No one is denying voyages are sold out, but judging by the comments on this and other threads and boards a lot people are not aware of or been informed of the cutbacks and additional charges, that's quite apparent.

They are finding out once onboard, therefore Cunard, P&O, Carnival are not being transparent in what they are doing.

No spirits to be taken onboard, no canapes, upcharges to name just three, none of which were published prior to implementation, that's just bad customer service.

Whilst it doesn't appear to impact on you, I certainly empathise with those it does.

There will always be those whose loyalty will never wane, until it effects them of course.

I think it would take wilful blindness to be unaware of the charges for things like speciality restaurants, drinks packages, and spa stuff as booking them is heavily promoted on the voyage personaliser. I’m sure most people do as I do and note them and then pass on. One interesting thing that is unlikely to herald the end of civilisation is that last time I had a non-alcoholic cocktail it was about $5.50. Now they are all about $12 or I’m looking in the wrong place. 😀

• Like 2

Part of that is likely as there are now some excellent non-alcoholic spirits, which simply weren't available, even a few years ago. Non-alcoholic cocktails used to essentially be fruit-based drinks with an umbrella stuck in, but now with the likes of Seedlip, Lyres, and latterly the big spirit companies providing genuine alternatives, there is so much more potential. The downside is that the processes involved in producing these 'spirits' is similar to conventional drinks, and without the economies of scale, they come at a premium. The upsides, though, are massive. 

• Like 4