*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

13 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Interesting point.  Come to think of it, this is the first time my photo uploaded without a hitch when I checked in, either.  At least one thing is working on the NCL WEB site. 😉

I figure I've watched the safety video once.  Probably hit me up again the day before the cruise.  Hit me up again once I board and get to my cabin.  That's the very least.  Could be 2X that.  LOL!

You have to be getting suited, too!

Yes, we are in a forward suite. Our last cruise on the GA in the Haven I remember they had someone right their as we walked onto the ship from our muster station to scan our cards. I don't miss not going to the muster drill. It was always a cluster trying to get out of the area once it wrapped up. It was also burn me up with about 25% of the people not being able to shut up for 10 minutes while it's going on and causing delays

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Yes, we are in a forward suite. Our last cruise on the GA in the Haven I remember they had someone right their as we walked onto the ship from our muster station to scan our cards. I don't miss not going to the muster drill. It was always a cluster trying to get out of the area once it wrapped up. It was also burn me up with about 25% of the people not being able to shut up for 10 minutes while it's going on and causing delays

Amen to that.  Then, there were always the people who felt they shouldn't be bothered with the Muster Drill and refused to find a seat, and as you point out, be quiet for 5 minutes to listen to the drill.  Then, there were the drunks who were the worst.  How can someone get that drunk, that quickly, from the time they boarded until the Muster Drill?  Never understood that.

Anyway. I like the muster drill procedures as they are now.  

Have looked at those Forward Suites a lot.  Never pulled the trigger on one.  Be interested in hearing your thoughts when you board.

Are you going to do a review here on CC?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Amen to that.  Then, there were always the people who felt they shouldn't be bothered with the Muster Drill and refused to find a seat, and as you point out, be quiet for 5 minutes to listen to the drill.  Then, there were the drunks who were the worst.  How can someone get that drunk, that quickly, from the time they boarded until the Muster Drill?  Never understood that.

Anyway. I like the muster drill procedures as they are now.  

Have looked at those Forward Suites a lot.  Never pulled the trigger on one.  Be interested in hearing your thoughts when you board.

Are you going to do a review here on CC?

I do plan to do a review, not sure if it will be live or not. One thing I will absolutely be doing is a cabin tour of our cabin on deck 10. I'm looking forward to the large deck. My wife is worried about her hair blowing around Lol. I also plan to do a bunch of time lapse videos. Another video I will be doing is on the Thermal Spa, in fact I just booked my pass. $199... ugh... but we got rid of our hot tub a year ago and I miss not having one. Our friends who we are sailing with bought the pass also. I don't plan to spend much time in there is the weather is nice but it will be nice to have and will be a very short walk from our cabin

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

For those who are unfamiliar, @Laszlo does excellent cruise vids.  Worth checking out.  Just one example.  

Thank you!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Joy was in early, super ... ultra early this morning, docked but no early walk off until 7:30 or so.  Dan, your turn next Sunday 

Screenshot_20240609-005902.thumb.png.9552e982e9be9983298876c97f5f4660.png

Screenshot_20240609-005946.thumb.png.ed225b2760f3f981f67b1882bfb5699e.png

Screenshot_20240609-052824.thumb.png.22a652358dee8935de389d7cc95e4efd.png

Screenshot_20240609-080009.thumb.png.84f0c6249bac18e90b2a812c32b9c31b.png

Thanks, Henry.  Finally realized it's only a week away.  I guess time to get all that laundry done I need to pack. 😉

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

@graphicguy  Better pack those Bermuda shorts along, nice weather ahead there and going to be warm here in the Big Apple ahead, whatever plans you got or just going to wing it.  Joy has one of the better, live HD shipcam video feed ... rooftop parking looking busy and at 10:15, still working toward zero count with those disembarking making their way across 12th Ave to the yellow taxi stand and car service pickup (we always set our "spot" to 660 12th Ave. just north of W. 48th Street)   Extra traffic congestion in Manhattan & Queens today with things happening, it's not just the marathons & bike races.  Have a great one & bon voyage, with all the chatters lately, am sure you'll got plenty of write & post - when & if you have time, first & foremost, enjoy the week.  Best wishes & regards, safe travel ... RN nephew cautioned (already in the news) to be mindful of the new KP.3 variant 😷 😷 as he's working in the ER these days, when traveling in close quarters.   

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

Packing list....

Rollaboard

-4 short sleeve shirts

-4 pair shorts

-1 swim trunk

-1 pair tennis shoes (wear to the ship)

-1 pair of casual shoes

-1 pair of beach sandals

-7 pr boxers

-3 pr socks

Backpack

-toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, deodorant, electric razor, hair brush, meds (use soaps and shampoos that come in the cabin) 

-ear buds, insta360 camera, USB-A/C charging cords, mag safe charger for iPhone/AirPods/Apple Watch, MacBook (and charger), international plug

-Prescription sunglasses

-iPhone, MacBook Air, Apple Watch (wearing it)

-Folder with tix, calendar, perk and OBC listed from NCL WEB site (sometimes required to get the perks listed), Passport, color printed copy of Passport, list of phone numbers and address of American Consulate

-Money belt (worn with walking around money)

think that's it!!!! LOL!!!!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

@graphicguy  Better pack those Bermuda shorts along, nice weather ahead there and going to be warm here in the Big Apple ahead, whatever plans you got or just going to wing it.  Joy has one of the better, live HD shipcam video feed ... rooftop parking looking busy and at 10:15, still working toward zero count with those disembarking making their way across 12th Ave to the yellow taxi stand and car service pickup (we always set our "spot" to 660 12th Ave. just north of W. 48th Street)   Extra traffic congestion in Manhattan & Queens today with things happening, it's not just the marathons & bike races.  Have a great one & bon voyage, with all the chatters lately, am sure you'll got plenty of write & post - when & if you have time, first & foremost, enjoy the week.  Best wishes & regards, safe travel ... RN nephew cautioned (already in the news) to be mindful of the new KP.3 variant 😷 😷 as he's working in the ER these days, when traveling in close quarters.   

Thanks, Henry.  

Your post has me thinking about getting another "booster" shot.  

Thinking the NCL bus will be close by at LGA when I land to take me to the ship.  Get to the ship around noon-ish, maybe 12:30?  That will work out great and let the crowds coming and going at Pier 88 to clear out.

Happy belated Birthday, @graphicguy. So excited...one week to go! 

I have been recovering from a gastic flare up (last one 12 years ago!) and was afraid I was going to have to cancel. Saw the doctor on Monday, 3 days bedrest and clear liquids only. Feeling pretty good today. I told her about the cruise and she gave the OK to go but said I needed to be 'sensible'. I don't go on cruises to be sensible, LOL. And I told her vodka and tequila are clear liquids (not the ones she had in mind). So I am canceling my drink package as not to be tempted...if I have to pay out of pocket, I will think twice before ordering. Will use moderation in my eating but still have a great time. I think this is the perfect cruise to recover on.

Mani-pedi in an hour, then weeding out my packing list. I am taking about triple what you are but that's just me. As long as I can handle my luggage myself, I can bring what I want (that's my rule). I am leaving on Friday (making an overnight stop in Denver) so it will be here before I know it! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Happy belated Birthday, @graphicguy. So excited...one week to go! 

I have been recovering from a gastic flare up (last one 12 years ago!) and was afraid I was going to have to cancel. Saw the doctor on Monday, 3 days bedrest and clear liquids only. Feeling pretty good today. I told her about the cruise and she gave the OK to go but said I needed to be 'sensible'. I don't go on cruises to be sensible, LOL. And I told her vodka and tequila are clear liquids (not the ones she had in mind). So I am canceling my drink package as not to be tempted...if I have to pay out of pocket, I will think twice before ordering. Will use moderation in my eating but still have a great time. I think this is the perfect cruise to recover on.

Mani-pedi in an hour, then weeding out my packing list. I am taking about triple what you are but that's just me. As long as I can handle my luggage myself, I can bring what I want (that's my rule). I am leaving on Friday (making an overnight stop in Denver) so it will be here before I know it! 

Thanks so much for the B-Day wishes.  

Went here with friends for dinner last night...

https://pompilios.com

Happens to be the restaurant where part of Rain Man was filmed.  Also, they server some darned fine food.

Then, went here for more revelry....small place (used to be a gas station) but with the largest selection of Bourbons in the world....

https://www.newberrybroscoffee.com

Lots of revelry ensued.

Your health is of the utmost importance.  Maybe get by with a little "cheat" but don't waste your cruise because you might become ill.  I hope to see you on board.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:43 AM, graphicguy said:

Then, there were the drunks who were the worst.  How can someone get that drunk, that quickly, from the time they boarded until the Muster Drill? 

"It's a skill...kind of like juggling"

(Yet another obscure "Seinfeld" quote)...

• Haha 4

@graphicguy  Hmmm, talk/consult w your PCP about the need for a boost, partially dependent upon your "last" one - am surrounded by medical pro's including older cousin, retired doctor but check w the ones with the most current knowledge base.  As I recall, it's generally expected to take up to 2 weeks for the full protection to ramp up.  Perhaps, have a supply fo good masks available for travel, just in case.  With our upcoming Alaska cruise, probably will get our 2024 booster before we fly west.  

As for timing your arrival, Joy wasn't at zero count before 10 to 10:30 this morning as I "watched" the live shipcam feed & it was still busy across 12th Avenue around that time.  LGA shuttle to Pier 88 by noon to 1 PM should be a breeze for Haven check-in, probably just walk right thru security to fast track check-in & boarding, without pausing along the way.  

If the last 3 sailing is a reliable indicator, Joy will be at Pier 88 before sunrise and once CBP show up in the early morning, the herd will rush off and begin to thin out by 10 AM - and, unless they are subject to a surprised or unannounced inspection, breeze thru all the way.  

Nice, simple & inclusive packing checklist.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks so much for the B-Day wishes.  

Went here with friends for dinner last night...

https://pompilios.com

Happens to be the restaurant where part of Rain Man was filmed.  Also, they server some darned fine food.

Then, went here for more revelry....small place (used to be a gas station) but with the largest selection of Bourbons in the world....

https://www.newberrybroscoffee.com

Lots of revelry ensued.

Your health is of the utmost importance.  Maybe get by with a little "cheat" but don't waste your cruise because you might become ill.  I hope to see you on board.

You are so right about health, Dan. Moderation is going to be key this cruise but there is no way I will be on this ship without enjoying at least one Raspberry Guava mojito. And a slice of bacon (or two).

Still plan on meeting up at the Cavern Club bar on the Waterfront at 5:30. Literally 7 days away as I post this!

@mking8288 I know 3 people that have contracted covid in the past month. 2 while traveling, one from who knows where (she leads a bit of a wild lifestyle and has had covid at least 5 times). All relatively mild cases. No time for a booster (last one was September 2022, right before my Prima TA...where I caught covid for the first and only time...go figure) so I will probably mask on the plane and hope for the best. I do take a test with me onboard in case I feel something coming on (never had to use it yet). Not really something I worry about any more.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

You are so right about health, Dan. Moderation is going to be key this cruise but there is no way I will be on this ship without enjoying at least one Raspberry Guava mojito. And a slice of bacon (or two).

Still plan on meeting up at the Cavern Club bar on the Waterfront at 5:30. Literally 7 days away as I post this!

@mking8288 I know 3 people that have contracted covid in the past month. 2 while traveling, one from who knows where (she leads a bit of a wild lifestyle and has had covid at least 5 times). All relatively mild cases. No time for a booster (last one was September 2022, right before my Prima TA...where I caught covid for the first and only time...go figure) so I will probably mask on the plane and hope for the best. I do take a test with me onboard in case I feel something coming on (never had to use it yet). Not really something I worry about any more.

Will be at the outdoor bar outside Cavern Club  @ 5:30 on embarkation day!

Henry…The more cruises I take, the less and less I pack!  I keep reducing what I really need!  This will be the first cruise where I do not pack a pair of long pants or dress shoes!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Packing list....

Rollaboard

-4 short sleeve shirts

-4 pair shorts

-1 swim trunk

-1 pair tennis shoes (wear to the ship)

-1 pair of casual shoes

-1 pair of beach sandals

-7 pr boxers

-3 pr socks

Backpack

-toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, deodorant, electric razor, hair brush, meds (use soaps and shampoos that come in the cabin) 

-ear buds, insta360 camera, USB-A/C charging cords, mag safe charger for iPhone/AirPods/Apple Watch, MacBook (and charger), international plug

-Prescription sunglasses

-iPhone, MacBook Air, Apple Watch (wearing it)

-Folder with tix, calendar, perk and OBC listed from NCL WEB site (sometimes required to get the perks listed), Passport, color printed copy of Passport, list of phone numbers and address of American Consulate

-Money belt (worn with walking around money)

think that's it!!!! LOL!!!!

Really? No dental floss?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

No time for a booster (last one was September 2022, right before my Prima TA...where I caught covid for the first and only time...go figure

Me too...booster 1 month before Prima TA 2022, then caught covid for the first time on the Prima...after Canada made us go through antigen test and ArriveCan! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Me too...booster 1 month before Prima TA 2022, then caught covid for the first time on the Prima...after Canada made us go through antigen test and ArriveCan! 

Wait...you were on the Prima TA in 2022??  How come I don't know you? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Really? No dental floss?

10 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Let's hope no accidents.

Hmmmmmm.....considering what I have seen on the pool decks on recent cruises, some people seem to have dual uses for dental floss.

• Haha 11

13 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Yeah....I don't worry too much any more, either.  

I just don't want to be sick while on board and confine myself to my cabin.

I do bring one of those portable water floss "doo-hickeys " with me.  I'm an oral hygiene freak.

• Like 2