LIVE Allure of the Seas 5/20-5/24

Those are good points for sure. For me since I hate the aggravation of flying so much I don’t think it would have been worth it. If only there were more variety of ports when sailing from Galveston. A girl can wish. 😏

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BohJang said:

Those are good points for sure. For me since I hate the aggravation of flying so much I don’t think it would have been worth it. If only there were more variety of ports when sailing from Galveston. A girl can wish. 😏

i'm wishing with you

although i haven't cruised recently i've done all the ports, even the journey cruises out of galveston,  ready for something new!!

hugs from north texas

Edited by princess76021
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Ok. Who had the GRAND idea to come home on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend? With cruising stomachs still going… the kids think I’m going to the grocery store or the Walmarts today. Not happening. Yall better enjoy frozen pizzas and ramen until the holiday weekend frenzy is over. 😉

The Walmarts wasn’t so bad early this morning, lol! 

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Next up is Scarlet Lady at the beginning of August. 

Another great review, thank you for taking us along. Can’t wait for August! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

i'm wishing with you

although i haven't cruised recently i've done all the ports, even the journey cruises out of galveston,  ready for something new!!

hugs from north texas

Me too!

• Like 3

On 5/23/2024 at 12:29 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

He likes the orange flowers. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had to revive anything related to this topic.  I have the app 7 Little Words that I play daily. One of today’s clues was “North American Lizards.”  I immediately spotted the puzzle pieces that spelled out “Iguanas.”  Guess who I thought of?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Had to revive anything related to this topic.  I have the app 7 Little Words that I play daily. One of today’s clues was “North American Lizards.”  I immediately spotted the puzzle pieces that spelled out “Iguanas.”  Guess who I thought of?

Whoop whoop! Iguanas are my spirit animals. 😆

• Haha 5

OK - give me the down and dirty...

1. Did you find it insanely crowded (my biggest fear with going on Harmony is the number of people)? I've heard that even though there is a million and one people, they are spread out and it's not bad. True?

2. Was it tough to get into the shows? I plan on making reservations as/when/where I can...but I would be disappointed to miss out on the production and ice/aqua shows.

3. I don't think you did any of the paid dining? If you did, and I missed it, how was it and was it worth the price?

4. Drink package - it's a no-brainer for me, but what about the kids? My two like a soda or two with meals, maybe a mocktail now and then. The girl is a coffee drinker and the boy is shake guy. I currently have the refreshment package for them (I think this covers all of the above) - did your kiddos make use of the drink package?

Thanks again - I feel like a total newbie again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

OK - give me the down and dirty...

1. Did you find it insanely crowded (my biggest fear with going on Harmony is the number of people)? I've heard that even though there is a million and one people, they are spread out and it's not bad. True?

2. Was it tough to get into the shows? I plan on making reservations as/when/where I can...but I would be disappointed to miss out on the production and ice/aqua shows.

3. I don't think you did any of the paid dining? If you did, and I missed it, how was it and was it worth the price?

4. Drink package - it's a no-brainer for me, but what about the kids? My two like a soda or two with meals, maybe a mocktail now and then. The girl is a coffee drinker and the boy is shake guy. I currently have the refreshment package for them (I think this covers all of the above) - did your kiddos make use of the drink package?

Thanks again - I feel like a total newbie again!

1. I only felt like it was crowded on the pool deck on the sea day and in the stairwell waiting for Coco Cay. Most of the time everyone was spread out. 
2. I made reservations for everything when they opened. I did walk in that last ice show on stand by. The line was crazy but the two of us got in. 
3. No paid dining but I did hear people got sick at Giovanni’s. Was it coincidentally, pork tacos prior or something else, I don’t know. That’s all I really heard about. We didn’t have a long enough sailing to even try the hot dog place so I don’t know lol 

4. I didn’t get them the refreshments package as none of them drink coffee (Mr. Megan & I don’t either) or much soda. They did take our cups once a day and fill them with sprite & Dr. Pepper. I think I had one soda the whole trip so I doubt that disrupted their count. They did drink a lot of lemonade and water. But that’s how we live in real life too so 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

1. I only felt like it was crowded on the pool deck on the sea day and in the stairwell waiting for Coco Cay. Most of the time everyone was spread out. 
2. I made reservations for everything when they opened. I did walk in that last ice show on stand by. The line was crazy but the two of us got in. 
3. No paid dining but I did hear people got sick at Giovanni’s. Was it coincidentally, pork tacos prior or something else, I don’t know. That’s all I really heard about. We didn’t have a long enough sailing to even try the hot dog place so I don’t know lol 

4. I didn’t get them the refreshments package as none of them drink coffee (Mr. Megan & I don’t either) or much soda. They did take our cups once a day and fill them with sprite & Dr. Pepper. I think I had one soda the whole trip so I doubt that disrupted their count. They did drink a lot of lemonade and water. But that’s how we live in real life too so 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Thank you!!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 11:59 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

always the big hit with my crew....me too! We're going on it June 10th. Sad to report we missed kids cruise free and we will have 5 grands in the crew of 13 total! Love the family get away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thomasale said:

always the big hit with my crew....me too! We're going on it June 10th. Sad to report we missed kids cruise free and we will have 5 grands in the crew of 13 total! Love the family get away!

Have so much fun & wash your hands! 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 12:15 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Noro with one bathroom and 5 people. What could go wrong?! 😆🤦🏼‍♀️

I'm only up through Wed and you got me laughing silly. Sharing the posts with my wife. We have had many cruise trips with this problem. We've never had the bug but seen it plenty!

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2024 at 5:02 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Great show! Really fantastic. 
came out to the bathroom and lots of crew members are wearing masks. 

We saw it on Allure right after covid start up. Fantastic! Here's a link to video of Under Attack. The combo of live music and the ensemble were first class Broadway level. 

• Like 1

What an effort and result. We are taking this same ship on June 10 sailing and will have 13 totals. 5 grands going from 16 months to 12 years old. For the Grand kids it will be their first go. For my 3 children and spouses they've all been on so have an idea of what they're getting into. Since covid we have only been on 2 cruises. A week on Allure and April 2023 we did Mardi Gras. It was our first go on Carnival since Triumph in 2004. We were very impressed with the whole vibe and food and comedy. Carnival went from an under perform to over the top. We didn't want to take the Grands on a first cruise for 7 days. The 4 nights seemed about right and we are looking forward to all being together again. Life moves so fast. My kids 44,42 and 37 were about the ages of yours right now when we first started cruising. They are still talking about their exploits whenever we are all together. Hopefully more good times coming soon! Thank you for all the info and laughs!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thomasale said:

What an effort and result. We are taking this same ship on June 10 sailing and will have 13 totals. 5 grands going from 16 months to 12 years old. For the Grand kids it will be their first go. For my 3 children and spouses they've all been on so have an idea of what they're getting into. Since covid we have only been on 2 cruises. A week on Allure and April 2023 we did Mardi Gras. It was our first go on Carnival since Triumph in 2004. We were very impressed with the whole vibe and food and comedy. Carnival went from an under perform to over the top. We didn't want to take the Grands on a first cruise for 7 days. The 4 nights seemed about right and we are looking forward to all being together again. Life moves so fast. My kids 44,42 and 37 were about the ages of yours right now when we first started cruising. They are still talking about their exploits whenever we are all together. Hopefully more good times coming soon! Thank you for all the info and laughs!

Hope y’all have so much fun. I’m sure the grands will have tales to tell as well. 4 nights is a perfect first cruise. 

Thank you for your wonderful review. I enjoyed following along. We will be on Allure this fall for a B2B which seems such a long time away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruise_co said:

Thank you for your wonderful review. I enjoyed following along. We will be on Allure this fall for a B2B which seems such a long time away.

It will come quick. Have a great time and tell Carlington we said HI!! 

On 5/16/2024 at 3:31 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Soccer was pushed back… that was a problem because soccer was at 5:30, softball at 7. Well then softball got canceled because the field is still wet. So soccer it is this evening, then dance recital on Saturday and we are home free. 
I’m currently washing clothes fast and furiously. The struggle

image.jpg

Sooner Red Washing Machine and Dryer-why am I not surprised

• Haha 1

Just finished catching up, great seeing you have family time. Your kids are adorable. Glad to see you survived the family in one cabin with no issues, it looked roomy enough.

OMG I was feeling so bad for you all reading about perfect day and then to see that you at least got to go wowee that was a close call.

My daughter goes on her very first cruise next week on RC. I will just keep any info about the N word to myself lol.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 11:01 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Confirmed. This guy is wiping down after every single person. Should I be concerned? Bad pork tacos wouldn’t cause a germ outbreak, right?!

If the pork isn't cooked well people could be getting sick from it.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:51 AM, ceilidh1 said:

Is this the last day for the school year? How come you finish up so early? Do they go back before September? Our schools go right through to the end of June - I wish we were done now, as I could definitely fit in another vacation if that were the case...

We're in Georgia. My daughter is a teacher. She goes back the last week of July. Kids start around Aug 2 and get out the Wed before Memorial Day. That is how it is where she teaches anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 8:51 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

I was really planning to sleep on this flight. That didn’t happen. I’m running on probably ten minutes of sleep. I predict an early dinner and sleep. Mr. Megan definitely napped. He got the aisle. Colton got the window. And some poor C group shmuck got stuck between them in his pineapple shirt. IYKTYK

image.jpg

Why do I feel like that is a shirt @sid_9169 would wear?

• Haha 4