Radiance and hiding ducks?

You could. We see them. Laugh about them. And leave them where they are. I sometimes read the tag and put them back. We are not on Facebook to post photos. Children will probably enjoy the experience. 😊 But we don't really have any use for them.

• Like 2

Ducks are fun. My daughter loves looking for them. She keeps one as a souvenir and hides the rest. Its fun for the kids TBH. Even the shops sell rubber ducks. 

I over heard an older lady on Oasis moaning at another women who was hiding ducks, about how bad they are for the environment whilst sipping water though a straw from a plastic water bottle. 🤷 

Too many traditions are being eroded we need to keep them and enjoy them. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I guess if rules are not at least attempted to be enforced they will be tested by those who don't respect them, so part of the failure is with those who don't enforce them.  That still doesn't make it right to ignore them.  But to each their own in choosing which to follow and which to ignore.

My point is that creating rules that're essentially unenforceable is just a bad idea.  

10 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though depends on the Cruise, 6 month's ago was hundreds of them on Radiance then last month on Radiance I personally saw 2 dozen even though wasnt looking

Maybe we're not seeing them because we only cruise in low season (fall), which means fewer passengers of all age but also fewer children.  

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 10:56 AM, jean87510 said:

wasn't there a poster who threw them in the trash?  

Seems like a good idea to me.  I haven't done it, but have been tempted.  There was a time when this was fun, now it's just annoying.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Seems like a good idea to me.  I haven't done it, but have been tempted.  There was a time when this was fun, now it's just annoying.

What is interesting is I have been on about 15 cruises since the restart and they have ranged from 3 days to 15 days on 5 different lines.  I have yet to see a duck.  My daughter and I were talking about it and she asked if we were doing it.  I said I think we are both too old.  I don't think I'd throw them away if found.  I'd probably just FYI on FB where it was.

I have noticed people post pictures of the ducks with Travel Agent info, Insurance Agent info...etc...  Good marketing strategy.

I have seen several for what appear to be good causes, as well as obvious advertising.  At some point I started to feel like it was just littering.  Especially when the ducks end up in places that kids could not easily and safely reach.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I have seen several for what appear to be good causes, as well as obvious advertising.  At some point I started to feel like it was just littering.  Especially when the ducks end up in places that kids could not easily and safely reach.

This is (from what I read) one of the reasons Disney has asked people to stop-young kids climbing/crawling to get to hidden ducks. On my recent cruise (NCL) my wife found one that was so tiny it would have been a choking hazard if found by a kid with an inattentive parent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cigar King said:

There was a time when this was fun, now it's just annoying.

Not sure why it would be annoying? Since I'm not interested in collecting them myself, I'd just walk on by. But then, it really hard for me to be annoyed on vacation:) 

• Like 2