Edge Oceanview Cafe Eggs Question

Neither one of us like liquid eggs, which are often used in buffets because they are faster to scramble.

Is there a way we can get cracked or fresh scrambled in the buffet?

5 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Neither one of us like liquid eggs, which are often used in buffets because they are faster to scramble.

Is there a way we can get cracked or fresh scrambled in the buffet?

I always see an omelette station in the buffet, they will prepare fresh eggs to order however you like

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are 2 cooked to order egg stations each morning in the buffet, one near the front and other across from it.  They consolidate to 1 station at 10 am.

There are indeed those omelet stations but you won’t see them cracking eggs there. They may crack them back in the prep area or they could be liquid from a container. They w are always ladled out of a stainless steel tub from my experience.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

There are indeed those omelet stations but you won’t see them cracking eggs there. They may crack them back in the prep area or they could be liquid from a container. They w are always ladled out of a stainless steel tub from my experience.  

From my time working in commercial kitchens, if it is ladled, it is liquid.

52 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

From my time working in commercial kitchens, if it is ladled, it is liquid.

I have never worked in any kind of kitchen but like I said, I have never seen them cracking eggs at the omlet stations. Two pots, one for whole eggs, one for egg whites.  They are cooked fresh to order and really very good.

3 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Actually I have seen them crack eggs, 2 at a time and put them in small bowls.  I always order over medium, with an omelet it may be liquid eggs. 

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Actually I have seen them crack eggs, 2 at a time and put them in small bowls.  I always order over medium, with an omelet it may be liquid eggs. 

I also have seen staff actually crack eggs (in pairs) into a single bowl.  But since breakfast is, in my humble opinion, an over-rated meal I will also stay that when I am DRAGGED to that early morning debacle of a meal by the spouse, who is an early riser, that eggs over easy in Luminae, Blu or the MDR have distinct yokes.

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Good to know.  I never thought of it that way because we all do omelets..... Thanks.

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I prefer room service myself.  The OVC is too much of a circus…

I have never had success with room service on any line.  By the time it gets to me, it is usually south of lukewarm.

Coffee on the other hand, it is nice to have a pot delivered to the room each morning.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I prefer room service myself.  The OVC is too much of a circus…

I guess my DH and I love the very early morning circus (when it first opens)with cracked eggs, mine a scramble with veggies.  We are early risers and my DH always does the gym very early, along with me just a tad later.  Yes, we are very unusual, also charge a reasonable fee to put stuff on loungers for people...just kidding!  It is that early🙃

Edited by Lastdance
My computer loves this!
  • Haha 1