LIVE from Jewel May 15, 2024 - 27 nights

Posted (edited)

Good Welcome Aboard show in the theatre tonight. The “Claudio Duo” performed… I assure you it was not me 😆

Also, if I’m not mistaken, I think this looks  like a new “curtain” in the theatre. I’ll have to check my photos from last year to confirm.

Ok… now back to my regular scheduled program of rum old fashions and/or coconut mojitos 🍸

IMG_3103.jpeg

IMG_3104.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, CastleCritic said:

I joined the cruise as well today.  It's certainly been interesting so far.

That boarding process..umm..told to show up at 11, then to sit in an empty waiting room, then through security to a NOT empty waiting room and the onto the ship.

The key lunch was good, again like most say, probably nothing to hang your hat on.

Luggage took quite awhile to show up (to the point it was departure time before it came) considering it had been there for 5 hours, guess it wasnt loaded in the order it was received.

Waiter and assistant waiter didnt seem to be talking to each other, both would inevitably ask every guest for their drink order. but otherwise dinner went well, and was done in an hour, just in time to come back up on deck and see the lock.

My luggage was slow on cruise 1.  Well after sail away but in their defense they state that.

Last cruise I was early to the terminal but luggage took a long time.  My AirTag showed it was just inside a crew area down the hall from my cabin for an hour so I assumed they went on break for dinner.  I knew it was onboard so I didn’t worry about it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Voom is 💩 tonight. 

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

Cafe Latte-tides charged me a CAS drink instead of the freebie we are supposed to get

Doesn't sound like #2 is starting out very well.

🤭

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

🤭

Plus my cruise 2 card is peeling!

IMG_6190.thumb.jpeg.ba8add5eb714156246832696b647b653.jpeg

I sound like a bad country song…

🎶 Voom is treating me wrong, i got cheated on and my card (top) is leaving me 🎶

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Plus my cruise 2 card is peeling!

IMG_6190.thumb.jpeg.ba8add5eb714156246832696b647b653.jpeg

I sound like a bad country song…

🎶 Voom is treating me wrong, i got cheated on and my card (top) is leaving me 🎶

Wow !  I've never seen that before.

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Wow !  I've never seen that before.

They had some bad card stock during the restart.  It was quite common.  When my card was replaced this morning they used the bad card stock, different shading.  

They replaced it just now and found new card stock, less shading, more uniform colors.  

My luck is turning.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Here’s a confirmation that the Viking Crown Lounge bar (Vortex) does in fact still rotate as it’s supposed to. I was on Brilliance 2-3 weeks ago… it is broken on Brilliance with no eta for repair

0 B · 1 download

I dunno dude, looks stationary to me 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Here’s a confirmation that the Viking Crown Lounge bar (Vortex) does in fact still rotate as it’s supposed to. I was on Brilliance 2-3 weeks ago… it is broken on Brilliance with no eta for repair

0 B · 1 download

The Vintages bar now rotates!

Wait.  I think I’m sliding off my barstool. 

Edited by twangster
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, RFerrington said:

🤭

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Wave Benders in the Centrum are sounding great tonight.  

Both game shows in the Centrum tonight were a major bust… barely anyone there and the new activity staff struggled. Karaoke stopped temporarily as they had minimal Participants…. Singers were super poor.

Wave Benders really good, but not one sign of a pulse anywhere… no one dancing. The ship is really dead tonight more than usual on night one in contrast to my last 3 sailings in the last month.

DJ up here in the Vortex is excellent so far.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, twangster said:
The Vintages bar now rotates!

Wait.  I think I’m sliding off my barstool. 

ROFLMAO!

Live inebriation on Jewel of the Seas!!

(p.s. yes VOOM has been poor this evening for sure)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

By the way to anyone following this thread who’s on board… I encountered Ryan Molly in the elevator today. I met him a couple of times in the last two years and spoke to him for a bit in the gym on one of those cruises. He’s the lead singer of Frankie and the Dreamers… they perform tomorrow night (day 2)

This is a MUST SEE show. Ryan was lead for the group Frankie goes to Hollywood (“Relax Don’t Do It”). It seems he only works the Europe cruises. The best very best headliner I’ve seen Since covid for sure. I’ll try to get some photos/video 

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

That sunset was really inspiring. Great finish after a surprisingly nice day. We didn't get any rain.

That oil platform (or whatever it was) seemed on fire.

6A4A7760.thumb.jpg.34f16641a5ab5e98036d1832b753a2db.jpg

Birds flying into a better world.

6A4A7763.thumb.jpg.be8f4c9b5a9b105c6682a63b829a0191.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Wave Benders in the Centrum are sounding great tonight.  

Do you know how long they will be onboard?  Thank you

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

By the way to anyone following this thread who’s on board… I encountered Ryan Molly in the elevator today. I met him a couple of times in the last two years and spoke to him for a bit in the gym on one of those cruises. He’s the lead singer of Frankie and the Dreamers… they perform tomorrow night (day 2)

This is a MUST SEE show. Ryan was lead for the group Frankie goes to Hollywood (“Relax Don’t Do It”). It seems he only works the Europe cruises. The best very best headliner I’ve seen Since covid for sure. I’ll try to get some photos/video 

Same question.  Do you know how long they will be onboard, or is it only for this cruise?  Thank you