Early morning departure when ship overnights at disembarkation port

Arriving on Splendor in Barcelona on a Friday and disembarking following day. Cannot do self carry off of luggage. We want to catch mid morning flight. Can we get off super early (6:30 a.m.) since ship will already be in port from day before, or since we need bags out night before with crew delivery to terminal, should we plan on the normal departure time with earliest possible about 8 a.m?

We did a cruise recently on Voyager which finished with an overnight in Lisbon. Some passengers were disembarking at 2.30 am for flights, we were off by 7am. So I don't think a 6.30 start will be a problem at all.

• Like 1

In any case, talk to Destination Services.  They will send out the disembarkation survey and will work with you to get you off the ship and on your way if you have needs not covered by the general schedule.  

• Like 1

Did you book your air through Regent?  If Regent booked the flight they will definitely get you to the airport on time. If you arranged your own flights they will probably still take care of you but might require some extra focus on your part to make it so. 

On 5/17/2024 at 8:14 AM, minotaur said:

We did a cruise recently on Voyager which finished with an overnight in Lisbon. Some passengers were disembarking at 2.30 am for flights, we were off by 7am. So I don't think a 6.30 start will be a problem at all.

We were on this cruise.  We had a flight at, I want to say, 7:30 am, booked by Regent.  They put us on a bus leaving for the airport at 3:30 am.  It was brutal, but Lisbon Airport is notorious for being understaffed and for having long lines every step of the way, so were were happy to make it to our flight with plenty of time to spare.

This reminds me of my first cruise, Windstar in Tahiti, in 1994. Our departing flight from Papeete to Honolulu (we spent time in HI after) was at 6AM. We had to get up at 2:30 to get to the airport; the ship had overnighted in Papeete the night before. 

On 5/16/2024 at 11:37 PM, edgee said:

Arriving on Splendor in Barcelona on a Friday and disembarking following day. Cannot do self carry off of luggage. We want to catch mid morning flight. Can we get off super early (6:30 a.m.) since ship will already be in port from day before, or since we need bags out night before with crew delivery to terminal, should we plan on the normal departure time with earliest possible about 8 a.m?

I would check with Regent before your cruise rather than waiting until you receive your disembarkation questionnaire a few days before you disembark.

If you arrive in Barcelona on Friday, and disembarkation is the next day, I'm sure that you've cleared customs and immigration on Friday.

If your flights were booked through Regent, they should provide you with transfers, and I would expect them to be available at 6:30 AM since you dock the night before, and I would expect them to bring your luggage to the transfer (bus or taxi) that they provide.

However, if you have booked your own flights, then you are responsible for the transfers. You might be able to pay Regent for them, since the disembarkation form that we have always receive in our cabin mentions this. Otherwise, you should be able to arrange your own transfer from the ship to the airport, and if you give offer an extra tip to your butler or room attendant to help you with the bags in the morning when you disembark, I would expect them to do so.

But as I said, the disembarkation details are left until you near the end of your cruise, and I would definitely ask for the details to be clarified before boarding so you can plan accordingly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

I would check with Regent before your cruise rather than waiting until you receive your disembarkation questionnaire a few days before you disembark.

If you arrive in Barcelona on Friday, and disembarkation is the next day, I'm sure that you've cleared customs and immigration on Friday.

If your flights were booked through Regent, they should provide you with transfers, and I would expect them to be available at 6:30 AM since you dock the night before, and I would expect them to bring your luggage to the transfer (bus or taxi) that they provide.

However, if you have booked your own flights, then you are responsible for the transfers. You might be able to pay Regent for them, since the disembarkation form that we have always receive in our cabin mentions this. Otherwise, you should be able to arrange your own transfer from the ship to the airport, and if you give offer an extra tip to your butler or room attendant to help you with the bags in the morning when you disembark, I would expect them to do so.

But as I said, the disembarkation details are left until you near the end of your cruise, and I would definitely ask for the details to be clarified before boarding so you can plan accordingly.

Personally, I would never ask our butler to help with bags for early disembarkation.  They have a very full day ahead of them and they need their sleep.  I would imagine they have a crew assigned to this situation on overnight stays. 

We did exactly this in Venice some years ago.  Mariner docked the day before and we spent the night on the ship.  Next morning at 0730 (before disembarkation began) we simply walked off the ship with our carry on luggage.  Our other bags had been taken from outside our suite during  the night before.   We collected the bags and headed to Hertz to get our Rental car.  Worked like clockwork.