Robes

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I did not have to request robes, my cabin came with two robes [wasting my closet space].

Sounds like your room steward just left the robes from the previous guests 🤢.  They should be delivered by request, and are usually in a sealed bag or at least folded by laundry personnel.   

Your experience may be different you are in a suite.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

Call me strange but I think Carnival should add pool towels to by request also. I am guessing a fair amount are never used and they already have towel huts. This could save a fair amount of laundry. I rarely use them and have had problems with being billed for pool towels being missing that I never touched. Making the robes by request didn't bother me in the least. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Call me strange but I think Carnival should add pool towels to by request also. I am guessing a fair amount are never used and they already have towel huts. This could save a fair amount of laundry. I rarely use them and have had problems with being billed for pool towels being missing that I never touched. Making the robes by request didn't bother me in the least. 

Who doesn't use the pool towels?  I rarely swim on the ship, but I still take them up to my lounger on Lido, and I certainly use them at beach port stops, and I think nearly every other passenger does the same.  Making everyone request them would create a lot more work for the cabin stewards and long lines at the towel hut.

And there would also be a ten-page thread on CC about another Carnival Cutback.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Who doesn't use the pool towels?  I rarely swim on the ship, but I still take them up to my lounger on Lido, and I certainly use them at beach port stops, and I think nearly every other passenger does the same.  Making everyone request them would create a lot more work for the cabin stewards and long lines at the towel hut.

And there would also be a ten-page thread on CC about another Carnival Cutback.  :classic_rolleyes:

On my 14 day Alaska cruise I would venture to say quite a few towels went unused 😉 . Who doesn't love a Cutback thread. It keeps the page count hits high for CC 🤣. You are right though, the logistics would not be good to go to towel hut only. I am just a bit sore from getting two different demand letters over the years via email to pay for pool towels from my room. I wouldn't dream of taking one of those mostly ratty beat up blue towels. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

I am just a bit sore from getting two different demand letters over the years via email to pay for pool towels from my room. I wouldn't dream of taking one of those mostly ratty beat up blue towels. 

Not sure that having to request towels would eliminate that problem.  And perhaps they don't monitor that as closely as they used to.  On my last several cruises, the steward has left additional towels unasked while we were up on Lido with our original ones.  I don't think they would do that if they had to account for all those additional towels at the end.

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Not sure that having to request towels would eliminate that problem.  And perhaps they don't monitor that as closely as they used to.  On my last several cruises, the steward has left additional towels unasked while we were up on Lido with our original ones.  I don't think they would do that if they had to account for all those additional towels at the end.

I think you are correct. It used to be if you didn't leave your pool towels in the room you ended up with a 20 dollar per towel charge that came via email a month or so after the cruise.

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I rarely ever use the towels. If I decide to lay out on a lounger I just go to the towel hut for one & when we go ashore I take my own. I bought my own for cruising because they are smaller/thinner when folded & so much lighter. I've seen quite a few others but carrying carnival towels too. So no not everyone uses the cruise line's as well as not everyone takes their own

7 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I've never used a ships pool towel on any cruise I've ever been on.  Too thick and heavy.  I'll ask the cabin steward to remove them ASAP.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Sounds like your room steward just left the robes from the previous guests 🤢.  They should be delivered by request, and are usually in a sealed bag or at least folded by laundry personnel.   

Your experience may be different you are in a suite.

There were robes in the closet on my first Carnival cruise on Splendor, 10 years ago.  I thought that was nice but when I took them out they were obviously USED.(Ugh)

Cabin steward took them away and offered to bring new ones but I declined. 

5 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

I rarely ever use the towels. If I decide to lay out on a lounger I just go to the towel hut for one & when we go ashore I take my own. I bought my own for cruising because they are smaller/thinner when folded & so much lighter. I've seen quite a few others but carrying carnival towels too. So no not everyone uses the cruise line's as well as not everyone takes their own

I pack extremely lightly.  I have been on B2B cruises for over 20 days total where I only brought a backpack and a carry-on.  No way would I waste precious packing space on anything they provide for free on the ship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I pack extremely lightly.  I have been on B2B cruises for over 20 days total where I only brought a backpack and a carry-on.  No way would I waste precious packing space on anything they provide for free on the ship.

Ditto! 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 1:59 PM, EL Pitman said:

On our last cruise we accidently stole a wash cloth........  <blush>

I thought I saw you on the 10 most wanted list! 🤣

• Haha 3