Time from port of Miami to airport.

We are scheduled to arrive into Port Miami at 8:00 am and our flight leaves at 11:00 am from Miami airport.. Shuttle service was purchased from Carnival Cruise. What are our chances? I still have time to book a later flight.

Do you have TSA pre-check or Global Entry?

If so, I would probably try for it. Carry off your own luggage, use Uber / Lyft rather than waiting for a shuttle to fill up.

There are a number of reports on this forum of travelers who have done this recently, and their thoughts / suggestions. You can search for them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ftblhead said:

We are scheduled to arrive into Port Miami at 8:00 am and our flight leaves at 11:00 am from Miami airport.. Shuttle service was purchased from Carnival Cruise. What are our chances? I still have time to book a later flight.

If the ship actually does not arrive until 8AM, that means you're not getting off until probably 9AM. An 11AM flight is really risky unless you have TSA Precheck and are not checking any luggage if you're flying on American.(Long lines for both). Definitely not if you're using the Carnival shuttle bus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ftblhead said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

OK, couple things here. 8am is a late arrival. 7am is usually the latest the ships tie up.

Secondly,  when you booked the transfer, did they ask you what your flight schedule is, and did you answer truthfully? If so, they are pretty much guaranteeing you will make your flight, as they will schedule your transfer so you can make it . Otherwise they wouldn't have not have sold you that transfer. 

• Like 1

Every cruise I have ever been on out of Miami ships are usually tied up between 5am and 6am. Express walk off around 7am. So as long as there is no delay getting into Miami you should be at the airport before 8am. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

Miami cruise port to airport traffic at 7 or 8 am on a Saturday / Sunday tends to be pretty light

Thanks for the input. 

Edited by ftblhead
Drunk

On 5/19/2024 at 7:58 PM, ftblhead said:

I would not use the shuttle service purchased from carnival. The last time I did that we ended up sitting on the shuttle for a long time waiting for it to fill up. You’re better off just leaving the ship and getting a taxi to the airport, it will be much quicker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I would not use the shuttle service purchased from carnival. The last time I did that we ended up sitting on the shuttle for a long time waiting for it to fill up. You’re better off just leaving the ship and getting a taxi to the airport, it will be much quicker.

Agreed, you should never take the shuttle as it is hit or miss if you leave fast or sit for 30 minutes, 

• Like 1