Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

29 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Enjoy your cruise sid. We'll see you on the other side! 😀

Thanks Mr Jamman... It's going to be a whole new experience for me actually being on vacation instead of trying to just be "on"... 

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, atanac said:

Since you aren't buying an internet package does that mean you can't post while at sea?

That's exactly what it means... I'm going completely "off the grid", which is uncharted territory for me. Hopefully I survive being disconnected from the modem World...

• Like 27

I've been down at the Pig and Anchor Bar drinking a couple of straight Patron Anejos with three ice cubes. Didn't take any pictures, as I'm attempting to relearn how to relax and just enjoy the moment... In a few hours I'll be putting my phone into airplane mode for the duration of the cruise until I return to Miami next Sunday. Everything between now and then is going to 100% pure vacation, which is a strange thing for me after these past several years. 

• Like 33

57 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

That's exactly what it means... I'm going completely "off the grid", which is uncharted territory for me. Hopefully I survive being disconnected from the modem World...

Trust me….you’ll survive without the inter webs.  Enjoy your vacation..

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Have a great trip, man! Happy you're going 100% "vacation mode." May you have calm seas, good drinks, and coffee orders taken while sitting at the bar...iykyk

Edited by Elsammo46
  • Like 5

The rooms opened up at 1:30, but I just hung out at the Pig and Anchor Bar drinking tequila and chatting with some other passengers for awhile. I'm in no hurry, but eventually I went upstairs unpack so my real vacation can finally begin. Everything is stashed away, and I've deployed the Snoozin' sign. My plan is to have absolutely no intrusion by my cabin attendant no matter what... I've got my Sail and Sign card in hand, and Alchemy opens at 4:00. Hopefully I'm not too drunk by then to enjoy some of those drinks. Jiji Asian is at 6:00, and I'll be "off the grid" by that time, so you'll just have to stay tuned to find out what happens... 

PXL_20240525_171507547.thumb.jpg.b575d5e1cdda4ee608a2a0bbec5c5563.jpg

PXL_20240525_175212271.thumb.jpg.4aa7e1ed772e74bfdcf553a14ece09ec.jpg

PXL_20240525_175220502.thumb.jpg.2cabbf5856a723b594b148a25391caf9.jpg

PXL_20240525_175230151.jpg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

OK, forgive me if I'm being selfish but I hope Sid realizes that perhaps being "On the grid" and posting his live adventures is part of his enjoyment of travel. There are not that many reviewers who can command such an audience as Sid.

• Like 8

I tried to get the guy to just give me some small portions at Pig and Anchor, but he just piled it on... I'm trying to hold out on the big eating till Jiji Asian later.

PXL_20240525_183029686.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I've been down at the Pig and Anchor Bar drinking a couple of straight Patron Anejos with three ice cubes. Didn't take any pictures, as I'm attempting to relearn how to relax and just enjoy the moment... In a few hours I'll be putting my phone into airplane mode for the duration of the cruise until I return to Miami next Sunday. Everything between now and then is going to 100% pure vacation, which is a strange thing for me after these past several years. 

Your review followers are starting to get stressed out by your "airplane mode" comment. 😰😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

There's water in the pool now, so the kids are happy. Line for Guys Burgers is forty deep on both sides. People are beginning to really get their vacation on, and I'm right there with them instead of just reporting from the sidelines...

PXL_20240525_184753212.jpg

• Like 26

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Reviews and Lives take a lot out of you. Enjoy your cruise Sid. 

Yeah, I'm praying that this won't be one of those noro virus cruises like you had to endure... 

• Like 11
  • Haha 5