QA British Isles Voyage

Megabear2

1 minute ago, david63 said:

Good job she doesn't have wheels😂

Uncalled for cheap jibe. As a Liverpudlian I think this is a great decision and Queen Anne will be welcomed with open arms!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Oh dear.... as they say in show business, "There you have it...."

What a Flop ! Thank Goodness I didn't pay thousands as a solo ( in addition to my underwhelming experience  on the maiden) to fall for the hype of the naming itinerary . 🙁 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Uncalled for cheap jibe. As a Liverpudlian I think this is a great decision and Queen Anne will be welcomed with open arms!

It's just a bit a Banter - I'm a former Liverpool Lad myself, we laugh at this all the time .

Unfortunately it has been true in the past . 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Having spent 25 years of my working life in Liverpool I think I understand the Scouse humour.

• Like 2

I think there will be those who are disappointed, especially if they were expecting a royal. I suspect if this was known from the start people would have been well behind it. As it is the lack of information led to unrealistic expectations. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I should probably declare an interest at this point as I was born in Liverpool!

So why weren’t you asked, for heaven’s sake?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, david63 said:

Having spent 25 years of my working life in Liverpool I think I understand the Scouse humour.

Obviously not! Type of comment I’d expect from the likes of Bernard Manning!

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

All the great scouse comedians made a living joking about themselves.

The Liverpudlian people are known for their great sense of humour, your post made me smile anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, S1971 said:

All the great scouse comedians made a living joking about themselves.

The Liverpudlian people are known for their great sense of humour, your post made me smile anyway.

Absolutely and I'd just like to say "Calm Down, Calm Down"!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

Seems to be a common reply to various people commenting on no royalty from Cunard:
"Following the media reports of ill health and the royals not wanting to distract from the recently announced election, we weren’t expecting any members of the royal family to attend the naming event, and we fully support their need to prioritise these matters."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Obviously not! Type of comment I’d expect from the likes of Bernard Manning!

Not at all , Ken Dodd would have been  the very first to say something like this .😉 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Seems to be a common reply to various people commenting on no royalty from Cunard:
"Following the media reports of ill health and the royals not wanting to distract from the recently announced election, we weren’t expecting any members of the royal family to attend the naming event, and we fully support their need to prioritise these matters."

So reading between the lines there was originally meant to be a royal but Cunard was probably told last week it wouldn’t happen due to the election-linked diary purge. Hence a very hastily cobbled together Plan B (or even C or D).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gumshoe958 said:

So reading between the lines there was originally meant to be a royal but Cunard was probably told last week it wouldn’t happen due to the election-linked diary purge. Hence a very hastily cobbled together Plan B (or even C or D).

If that's the case then props to Cunard for either having a plan B or coming up with one in a short period of time.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Except that a Royal attendee would have no conflict with the general election at all and they are still doing engagements. Maybe Cunard asked and none of the top team was interested?

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 1

Just now, Winifred 22 said:

I think this was the plan all along to do something different which is fully in keeping with what they want to achieve with Queen Anne 

And it explains the location 

• Like 4

Well I’m very glad that we stayed on the ship. We had clear (albeit distant) sight of the stage from our balcony and could hear the music clearly (although I use that term lightly with the DJ). 

Andrea Bocelli was brilliant, although I can’t believe that they flew him over for just 2 songs! As for the rest of it - not for us I’m afraid. We’ve had better quality entertainment on the ship!

As for the presenters - I just dismay at the appalling diction that so many people use nowadays. They sound so illiterate when words like ‘bottle’ are pronounced ‘Bo-all’ 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I should probably declare an interest at this point as I was born in Liverpool!

My Nanna was a Scouser, and I support Liverpool FC, so I should also declare an interest! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I think this was the plan all along to do something different which is fully in keeping with what they want to achieve with Queen Anne 

Different ship, different naming approach and a great idea.

• Like 5

Disappointed, (not with the city as love Liverpool) but the 5 people picked hardly dressed for the occasion! Some looked like they had just come from the gym. All in all a bit of a damp squib. 

I’m sure QA is lovely inside ( am booked for later this year) but at risk of offending, exterior wise I’m not keen as she looks more like a block of flats particularly forward - the Vistas and QM2 are more aesthetically pleasing. In fact is the hull was painted white she would look like a whale ! Just my opinion. I will now runaway and hide …!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, watsonbeau said:

Disappointed, (not with the city as love Liverpool) but the 5 people picked hardly dressed for the occasion! Some looked like they had just come from the gym. All in all a bit of a damp squib. 

I’m sure QA is lovely inside ( am booked for later this year) but at risk of offending, exterior wise I’m not keen as she looks more like a block of flats particularly forward - the Vistas and QM2 are more aesthetically pleasing. In fact is the hull was painted white she would look like a whale ! Just my opinion. I will now runaway and hide …!

I agree that the black hull is amazingly beneficial aesthetically, but I remember people being equally rude about QV when she appeared.