Movies in Room

artvlay

On 5/25/2024 at 9:35 AM, JGmf said:

In my case, if my wife is lagging on departing the room, there's always a bar seat with my name on it.  She can find me there when she's ready...and then we're off to wherever.

How long will she make wait when you get back to the room on those nights?

• Haha 1

I take numerous cruises per year -going on #14 for 2024 in a week. Sometimes I need a break but still want to be on the ocean. Movies in the cabin are a great way to relax. Princess is the only cruise line I've been on that has movies, tv shows, etc., that you can watch on demand. Last year I saw Maverick and Barbie. I couldn't get into Oppenheimer - I thought it was kind of boring - but it was offered among several others.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2024 at 12:38 AM, Teechur said:

I can't imagine watching a movie while onboard a cruise ship. There are too many other things to do.

We like to watch MUTS if it’s warm enough outside. We also like to watch movies and order room service late at night. Isn’t it wonderful that we all get to do whatever we want to do??? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

On a recent cruise we watched several seasons of Everybody loves Raymond at night in bed, hilarious 

Yep, we like Raymond as well. And quite often we'll watch some Cheers.

• Like 4

On 5/25/2024 at 1:38 AM, Teechur said:

I can't imagine watching a movie while onboard a cruise ship. There are too many other things to do.

Some people just need quiet down-time away from the excitement of being out among the crowd. Some like socializing more than others do. I like a balance to my day and enjoy taking time to read or watch a movie if no particular activity interests me. I'm not wasting time in my cabin, I'm recharging. Then back out into the crowd for drinks, dinner and entertainment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We are hoping to have lunch at Cheers during our port in Boston next month. 🤞

• Like 2

We find the Princess has some really good movies that we’ve never seen in our area ( or on TV) like Walking on Sunshine, Princesses Night Out, Twenty Feet from Stardom and a few Churchill biopics. Real jewels that we enjoy and they’re free!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We find the Princess has some really good movies that we’ve never seen in our area ( or on TV) like Walking on Sunshine, Princesses Night Out, Twenty Feet from Stardom and a few Churchill biopics. Real jewels that we enjoy and they’re free!

I am sorry I have never heard of any of those films. 

46 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Have you seen the episodes where Raymond’s family goes to Italy to stay with his Mothers cousin. They are so funny that I was laughing out loud on an airplane. 

We are going to the town where they where in Italy before a cruise next year.

21 hours ago, Teechur said:

We are hoping to have lunch at Cheers during our port in Boston next month. 🤞

There are two .. one is a tourist one put up nearer to the port and one is the original. Be sure to go to the original one that is called the Bull and Finch Pub, or something like that and is past the Beacon Hill neighborhood.  It is still walkable and will be well worth your while.  

On 5/26/2024 at 4:51 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Cheers, never watch this show (and we have been to the bar 😅). On our Hawaii trip in 2022 think we watched every episode. Like to relax at night once we are settled we flip on the TV for a hour or two.

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

There are two .. one is a tourist one put up nearer to the port and one is the original. Be sure to go to the original one that is called the Bull and Finch Pub, or something like that and is past the Beacon Hill neighborhood.  It is still walkable and will be well worth your while.  

It's across from the public gardens just the other side of the Boston common. We would go on a week day after the Swan boats when the kids were younger. They can go in during the day but not later at night.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Bull and Finch Pub in Beacon Hill must have been renamed "Cheers". It is on Beacon Street in Beacon Hill and stop #7 on the Boston Trolley route.

I looked up Bull and Finch on Trip Advisor and they don't have a listing in Boston, although there are some in other cities.

1 minute ago, Teechur said:

The Bull and Finch Pub in Beacon Hill must have been renamed "Cheers". It is on Beacon Street in Beacon Hill and stop #7 on the Boston Trolley route.

I looked up Bull and Finch on Trip Advisor and they don't have a listing in Boston, although there are some in other cities.

I think you are right!  
The one on Beacon Hill is a true treasure, no matter what the name of it is.  
Just be sure to yell Norm when you walk in! 

BTW, the rumors about people in Boston being standoffish was not the case in the several times we’ve visited there.  I found Boston to be one of my all time favorite big cities to visit and everyone we met was helpful and kind.  I found the history to be most fascinating!  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 10:38 PM, Teechur said:

I can imagine doing this. After a very busy day it can be delightful to curl up with a book, watch a good movie with my family or sit on the balcony with a glass of wine watching the world go by. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Teechur said:

If you've never been to Boston, and only have limited time, then skip the "Cheers" bar.  It's nothing special at all.  Yes, enjoy nearby Beacon Hill and Boston Commons, but keep walking down Newbury street (or Boylston) towards the Back Bay area.  There are countless outdoor bars and restaurants for great people watching in absolutely beautiful neighborhoods. 

Regardless, enjoy your visit and have a terrific cruise!

On 5/25/2024 at 2:05 AM, Kay S said:

After a long day on shore, sometimes a movie is all we can manage.

What we miss is when Princess used to show the movies on a big screen in a smaller room/theater, off and on during the day.  We despise MUTS, and would rather not watch movies on a small TV screen in the cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ecs66 said:

What we miss is when Princess used to show the movies on a big screen in a smaller room/theater, off and on during the day.  We despise MUTS, and would rather not watch movies on a small TV screen in the cabin.

I remember that on older Royal Caribbean ships.  I think they’ve all been retired at this point.

43 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I remember that on older Royal Caribbean ships.  I think they’ve all been retired at this point.

Sovereign of the Seas had 2 movie theaters, each showing different movies each night.

• Like 4