Rotterdam connecting rooms?

Has anyone had any issues on Rotterdam being in a connected cabin but not with the party in the connected room? It

seems that all that’s left are connecting room choices. Hope this makes sense

Thank you!

We were recently on Rotterdam in a connecting cabin. Have no idea who our neighbours were, never encontered them and only sound I heard was an occassional light cough.

• Thanks 1

We had a connecting cabin on the Rotterdam in January of 2023. I'd requested that specific cabin without noticing it was connecting, and I'll not make that mistake again. The occupants were apparently hard of hearing and kept the volume of their TV very loud - loud enough to be quite annoying during the day when we were in our cabin. Fortunately, they stopped watching sometime before we returned from the evening's entertainment, so our sleep was peaceful. Lesson learned. 

6 hours ago, Al2863 said:

Has anyone had any issues on Rotterdam being in a connected cabin but not with the party in the connected room? It

seems that all that’s left are connecting room choices. Hope this makes sense

Thank you!

The cabin allocation on the Rotterdam for the combination voyages really bugs me.  Every time I have looked, they seem to assign a lot of connecting cabins and cabins by the elevators for the connecting voyages.  You didn't say what cruise you are considering, but I'm betting that it is a combination voyage.  If so, I'd suggest you look at the cabins available for the individual voyages.  If you can find a non-connecting cabin that's available for both voyages, contact Ship Inventory, or have your TA do it and have them assign that cabin to you.  I've had to do this on several cruises.  I hope this makes sense.  I wouldn't risk a connecting cabin.

20 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

If so, I'd suggest you look at the cabins available for the individual voyages.  If you can find a non-connecting cabin that's available for both voyages, contact Ship Inventory, or have your TA do it and have them assign that cabin to you.  I've had to do this on several cruises.

Oddly enough, I had to have my PCC go to Inventory to get two connecting rooms midship on the Rotterdam, just last week. Actually NONE of the truly mid-ship Verandahs were showing for the combined voyage -- only at the fore or aft border of mid-ship. 

I think they throw darts at the target and say "Hey let's try this" with no reason or rationale.

I’m asking about a 12 day cruise on the Rotterdam. A single cruise.  There just seems to be a lot of connecting cabins so just wondering if people found them more noisy than non connecting.

• Like 1

I was in Rotterdam 6223 in December 2022 after mistyping what should have been 6233 (aft-facing stateroom) in my booking request to my PCC.  6223 was a connecting room and I could hear loud talking. It was certain that the younger couple in the adjoining stateroom were very religious as I could hear a loud voice praising God several times per day.

I made a mental note to double check future requested stateroom numbers before sending a new booking request to my PCC. 

• Haha 2

We were recently on Nieuw Statendam (sister ship to Rotterdam) and in a connection room.  We heard nothing from next door.

As extra insulation we used magnets on the door and hung the bath robes at the connecting door, just as an extra baffle.  Don't think it was really necessary though!

DSCN3365.thumb.JPG.daec5b3e95ea53ff10c20617003dbe93.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of our worst cruises ever because of occupant of connecting cabin.  Solo passenger with many friends who gathered constantly in his room.  TV went on loud at 9 pm and never went off all night.  Will never be in a connecting cabin again.  Too many HAL cruisers have hearing difficulties to be safe.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2024 at 11:23 PM, crystalspin said:

I think they throw darts at the target and say "Hey let's try this" with no reason or rationale

I think it's lucky astrology allocation dice.

• Haha 1