Queens Grillers- let me hear ya!

5 hours ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

Inside a month to go. You really do not hear much from the QG'ers. 

Are you so happy it's better to just keep things hush hush?

Give us your QG conquests!

Don't know about conquests but would love to conquer the coffee machine in the cabin! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Don't know about conquests but would love to conquer the coffee machine in the cabin! 😁

We never conquered the coffee machine on QV and spoke to butler and he said he would replace it. Don't know if he did because still couldn't get it to work properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We never conquered the coffee machine on QV and spoke to butler and he said he would replace it. Don't know if he did because still couldn't get it to work properly.

I guess we conquered it in a way as we bring our own instant!😀

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I have never dared attempt to mix with it. The only people I remember mentioning they achieved success had Italian blood. 😀 Mind you the bath taps almost defeated me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

Are you so happy it's better to just keep things hush hush?

Give us your QG conquests!

Are you on 23 June QA to the Fjords? We are - first time going there, and I'm very excited!

6 minutes ago, Thetis22 said:

Are you on 23 June QA to the Fjords? We are - first time going there, and I'm very excited!

Great itinerary [one of our fall backs!] and hopefully, you'll love the whole experience. I get the impression you might be in QG. Wonderful experience. Lucky you.

We are on QA again later and hopefully, the main glitches will have been snagged. Don't forget, if you ARE a first timer, the staff are there to answer any QG questions and the Grills Concierge, who will still be there in June is beyond marvellous.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Great itinerary [one of our fall backs!] and hopefully, you'll love the whole experience. I get the impression you might be in QG. Wonderful experience. Lucky you.

We are on QA again later and hopefully, the main glitches will have been snagged. Don't forget, if you ARE a first timer, the staff are there to answer any QG questions and the Grills Concierge, who will still be there in June is beyond marvellous.

Enjoy.

Thank you! And thanks also for your really helpful tips and thoughts on your trip 😀

• Thanks 1

Make friends with your Maitre D, Assistant Maitre D, Waiter, Assistant Waiter & Sommelier and you will never want for a thing if you ask. Just remember they are not mind readers!! They are lovely hard working professionals that like us all appreciate a hello, a thank you and a how are you when you speak to them. They are there to serve you but they are not servants. 

Ask for any specialty meals with as much notice as you can.

Remember the Grills concierge can also be a very helpful person to assist you in your needs during your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

That's not quite my impression of this board, indeed we are blessed by some very experienced and lucid QG posters. Are you seeing the whole board or have filtered to just one ship?

The ones you don't hear quite so much about are the Oceanview passengers and Inside stateroom travellers, even though they are saving so much money they can then go on a lot more sailings as a result. Chapeau to @Megabear2 for her ongoing reports around the UK.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thetis22 said:

6/21 QE to Alaska from Vancouver. We have 16 cruises under our belts. First time Cunard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

6/21 QE to Alaska from Vancouver. We have 16 cruises under our belts. First time Cunard.

Hope you have a lovely time

• Like 1

Having been Grill Passengers, we have appreciated the Care and Concern we have received in the past.

Also in the Suite, Concierge Lounge, Grill Lounge and Restaurants, we have been cared for with all our needs and requests.

Yes, it is wise to become accustomed to the Staff and Crew that will be attending to you. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

Let’s meet up in QG for this voyage. I’ve been in Britannia and PG before, first for QG. A big difference with Cunard is that the waiters do not try to be the center of attention and are truly kind to us. No waiters dancing on tables etc… Plus, everyone makes a fuss over you.  You’ll be embarrassed with the kind attention you’ll receive. Just don’t order the gnocchi!

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, NE John said:

No waiters dancing on tables etc…

John,

Pls you will never see me buy a ticket for a "boat not ship" like that.

Foot prints in your Baked Alaska.....Say it not so......

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NE John said:

Let’s meet up in QG for this voyage. I’ve been in Britannia and PG before, first for QG. A big difference with Cunard is that the waiters do not try to be the center of attention and are truly kind to us. No waiters dancing on tables etc… Plus, everyone makes a fuss over you.  You’ll be embarrassed with the kind attention you’ll receive. Just don’t order the gnocchi!

That's a bet! 

We always make friends with the staff. It's a given.

I see you're from CT. While I'm originally from Miami, most of my roots are from New Haven and Hartford- a lot of Pratt and Whitney employees.

Just listen for the Loud McNultys!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ratflinger said:

Can someone tell us who the current Maitre D on QM2 is?

Osman, and he took care of me very very well - Table side Flambé every evening  👍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Osman, and he took care of me very very well - Table side Flambé every evening  👍

Great, do you know how long he is on QM2?  Hoping through the Fourth of July cruise.

15 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Great, thanks - he was there on our last TA in 2019 and yes, he's great.