Queens Grillers- let me hear ya!

I like Osman too, but I have heard that he has transferred to Queen Anne.  A promotion perhaps?  Can anyone who has travelled on QA confirm this?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrisbaneR said:

I like Osman too, but I have heard that he has transferred to Queen Anne.  A promotion perhaps?  Can anyone who has travelled on QA confirm this?

Never met Osman and but have a few other Senior M'ds who have all been I'm sure, as good as Osman who seems to be rather well known but not to me.

Tomas [forget his surname] is M d' of Britannia, don't know who it is in PG or BC and the Senior M d' on QA is Ilven Miranda who in my book, is 'up there' with Sandro Ranieri and Raul Lucas.

edit

Interestingly, he has been with QA for quite a while so the appointment was made well before the original Maiden in January.

Edited by Victoria2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BrisbaneR said:

Well he was on Queen Mary 2 only the other day ( 12th May 2024 Itinerary) and looked after me very very well .

I doubt he'll be rushing off to Queen Anne after he listened to my underwhelming feedback. 😉  Transferring to QA wouldn't be a promotion for him as he is already high up there with the others .    

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2024 at 6:09 PM, Wedgie Wedgie said:

That's a bet! 

We always make friends with the staff. It's a given.

I see you're from CT. While I'm originally from Miami, most of my roots are from New Haven and Hartford- a lot of Pratt and Whitney employees.

Just listen for the Loud McNultys!

We just got our cabin assignment for our Q420 voyage Alaska voyage and upgrade gods struck again. Q4 Penthouse. We started at P2.
The Q4 is midships and has a nice balcony and bath, but tight living area with no armchair unlike Q5/6’s. Not as much hanging wardrobe space either it seems. Interesting…

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, techteach said:

@NE John I gave you a ❤️, but not sure after reading your description. I hope it works out well for you.

I’m sure we will do just fine! Thanks!! Someone in Cunard likes me…

Edited by NE John
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2024 at 6:35 AM, Wedgie Wedgie said:

We were just assigned a 12:30 boarding time for 6/21. Checkout in the Vancouver Pan Pacific is 11:00. They take your luggage right to the ship from the lobby! How easy is that?

Perhaps we shall meet up onboard. We also have a 12:30 boarding time but are staying at the Westing Bayshore so will have to get our bags to the ship on our own. I do love the Pan Pacific but am awash in Marriott points and also love the proximity to Stanley Park.

If you fancy a nice dinner out precruise, check out Lupo restaurant in Yaletown. It's a quick Uber ride or longish walk from the Pan Pacific and they have a lovely Italian based menu.  The bill always gives me heart failure until I convert to USD (we did go a few times when CAD/USD were on par and it was painful, but completely worth it). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, critterchick said:

Perhaps we shall meet up onboard. We also have a 12:30 boarding time but are staying at the Westing Bayshore so will have to get our bags to the ship on our own. I do love the Pan Pacific but am awash in Marriott points and also love the proximity to Stanley Park.

If you fancy a nice dinner out precruise, check out Lupo restaurant in Yaletown. It's a quick Uber ride or longish walk from the Pan Pacific and they have a lovely Italian based menu.  The bill always gives me heart failure until I convert to USD (we did go a few times when CAD/USD were on par and it was painful, but completely worth it). 

Our go to in Vancouver since late eighties, again, awash with ex Starwood pts! Love the Tower suites. It's draggable [just] from the Westin but I'd grab a cab.

Although this isn't about the Queen's grill, does anyone know who the M'd is in the Princess grill, QM2?

We enjoy the Princess grill more than the Queen's as it's a little more relaxed and less fussy. More smiles and laughter in there as opposed to the Q's grill. Only our experience. We are not fans of Osman, but I know we're in the total minority here.....

• Like 1

I really like the man who greets you at the queens grill restaurant,for the life of me I can't remember his name,big fella,appears grouchy but once you get to know him,he is lovely,always gets us a decent table ☺️

1 hour ago, jaypo63 said:

I really like the man who greets you at the queens grill restaurant,for the life of me I can't remember his name,big fella,appears grouchy but once you get to know him,he is lovely,always gets us a decent table ☺️

Vasant perhaps?  Great guy.  He is usually one of the section heads in QG and is often at the front desk.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Vasant perhaps?  Great guy.  He is usually one of the section heads in QG and is often at the front desk.  

Thanks for replying but no,that's not the name,he's usually on QV,this is going to drive me mad now 😂

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 9:35 AM, Wedgie Wedgie said:

We were just assigned a 12:30 boarding time for 6/21. Checkout in the Vancouver Pan Pacific is 11:00. They take your luggage right to the ship from the lobby! How easy is that?

The porter has always collected our luggage right from our room.  I hope they still do that. 

21 hours ago, critterchick said:

We have been to Vancouver many times and used to live in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, just across the Haro Strait from Victoria. We should have visited Alaska while we lived there but never made it. Now we're in FL.

Anyhoo, we love sushi and Vancouver is one of the best cities we have visited for such. We have a reservation for embark eve at Miko which is very close to Pan Pacific.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

Even better. Did he bring a stapler?

That I don't know. We have those clear plastic tag holders into which we insert the tags we now have to print.  With all the cruise passengers they get in season I'm sure there is a stapler at the porters desk in the main entrance.   But it would be a good idea for all the staff to have one with them - or maybe some tape. I should find out next month when we are there again.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jaypo63 said:

Is it Anton who is a Head Waiter?    He's a teddy bear when you get to know him.   Ico is usually the Maitre d' on QV who tends to alternate with Raul.

Edited by LWhit
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LWhit said:

Is it Anton who is a Head Waiter?    He's a teddy bear when you get to know him.   Ico is usually the Maitre d' on QV who tends to alternate with Raul.

Ico was on QE for our cruise in March. What a darling man. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LWhit said:

Thank you also for replying but nooooooo,that wasn't his name, 😆I think I'm going mad now trying to remember,he is a very tall large man,very gruff demeanour,ALWAYS at the QV grills restaurant door,I think he said he's from Croatia but not certain,probably well into his 50s maybe 60 xx

37 minutes ago, jaypo63 said:

Thank you also for replying but nooooooo,that wasn't his name, 😆I think I'm going mad now trying to remember,he is a very tall large man,very gruff demeanour,ALWAYS at the QV grills restaurant door,I think he said he's from Croatia but not certain,probably well into his 50s maybe 60 xx

That sounds awfully like Ico.

• Thanks 1

Thank you to you both,that'll be him ....phewwww!! I might have been certified if I'd not get his name 😂 

aww that's a shame you don't like him Vic2 underneath his grumpy exterior he's absolutely lovely,we always just joke around with him,rarely breaks a smile but his wit is next to none. Very dry sense of humour 

thank you all again xxx

11 minutes ago, jaypo63 said:

Thank you to you both,that'll be him ....phewwww!! I might have been certified if I'd not get his name 😂 

aww that's a shame you don't like him Vic2 underneath his grumpy exterior he's absolutely lovely,we always just joke around with him,rarely breaks a smile but his wit is next to none. Very dry sense of humour 

thank you all again xxx

It's not that I don't 'like' him, I didn't think he worked the room as others do. No problem for us as we couldn't care less but it was for others so no, not top of my list.