upgrade offers

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, zanzibargirl said:

Hello! When does Princess usually start offering bids on cabin upgrades? Sailing to Alaska in an OV in Sept and would love to upgrade to balcony! Thanks 🙂

They start 5 days after FP or later.  You should get an email.m

Also, a great thread since the start of bidding.  Ask questions there too.

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

If you're thinking of free upgrades, good luck with that! Very few free upgrades are given since we now have the ability to bid and pay for an upgrade 

If you want a balcony, you gotta pay for a balcony.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, zanzibargirl said:

Hello! When does Princess usually start offering bids on cabin upgrades? Sailing to Alaska in an OV in Sept and would love to upgrade to balcony! Thanks 🙂

I got my bid accepted for Jun 15th Sapphire Princess, $620 per passenger(total $1240) on May 14th. I felt like its very good deal for Balcony on an Alaskan cruise with 3rd and 4th guest free. Looks like its usually about 2 months before the sailing date. Good luck to your bid.

Edited by Sat_kumar_76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Our two cents - save your money for excursions. 

Yes very true, I was little hesitant in entering the bid and posted the lowest allowed bid. Alaska is most likely a one time trip for us with kids and decided to splurge. We do not know if this is the right move but its too late now and we will try to spend more time in the balcony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sat_kumar_76 said:

Yes very true, I was little hesitant in entering the bid and posted the lowest allowed bid. Alaska is most likely a one time trip for us with kids and decided to splurge. We do not know if this is the right move but its too late now and we will try to spend more time in the balcony. 

You certainly will not regret having a balcony for an Alaskan cruise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sat_kumar_76 said:

In my opinion you need a balcony for Alaska.  We have cruised Alaska 3 times always in a balcony cabin.  There is something to see 24/7 on the balcony.  I would never cruise Alaska without one.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

If you're thinking of free upgrades, good luck with that! Very few free upgrades are given since we now have the ability to bid and pay for an upgrade 

Last may received free upgrade to Aft Penthouse from Mini on Alaska on Crown.

19 hours ago, Sat_kumar_76 said:

Yes the excursions are $$$ but my husband and I spent hours and hours on our balcony and it was special. We spent so much time together in awe. 😲
We spend a lot of time together on the cruises, but not like these ones. Alaska is special for couples at least it was for us.❤️❤️ If this is your first time, definitely get a balcony. 
😁

• Like 1

I have heard of bidding being open before final payment???

I am no expert... but, 

About then,, you can start to pull up your cruise online, and click the 'Bid For Upgrade', 

It will either show ' not eligible '  or will pull up the bidding.

A balcony for Alaska comes down to one thing....  WEATHER.

We did not book a balcony, but booked a newly added 'picture window' cabin.

We were not disappointed as it was chill, cloudy, and even rainy for most of the entire cruise.

(luckily, the rain held off for the two Glacier Viewing days...  still very gray and cloudy)

If you really want that balcony, then that is great!!!!  Just understand that weather in Alaska is usually iffy.