Aqua Staterooms on S-Class under gym

Hi all, 

I moved from a very quiet Sunset Veranda on the Silhouette to an Aqua because of the extra amenities offered in this Category. I think I will 100% enjoy the possibility to eat at Blu and relax at Persian Garden, but I am curious about the experience of other Aqua Stateroom (A2) guests.  I never had the chance to sail in an Aqua category, so the novelty will be a welcome surprise!

Did anyone have an Aqua Stateroom (A2) right under the treadmills at the gym? How did this affect your stay? Did you feel nervous when you found out where your Stateroom was located? Were you bummed that Aqua, with the extra amenities you paid for, was located under the Gym? Or was it just as enjoyable as you hoped and planned for? 

At this moment I can't wait to board, and I plan on having a blast!

11 minutes ago, Fawkes66 said:

Hi all, 

I moved from a very quiet Sunset Veranda on the Silhouette to an Aqua because of the extra amenities offered in this Category. I think I will 100% enjoy the possibility to eat at Blu and relax at Persian Garden, but I am curious about the experience of other Aqua Stateroom (A2) guests.  I never had the chance to sail in an Aqua category, so the novelty will be a welcome surprise!

Did anyone have an Aqua Stateroom (A2) right under the treadmills at the gym? How did this affect your stay? Did you feel nervous when you found out where your Stateroom was located? Were you bummed that Aqua, with the extra amenities you paid for, was located under the Gym? Or was it just as enjoyable as you hoped and planned for? 

At this moment I can't wait to board, and I plan on having a blast!

There are a few locations  in Aqua Class that I tend to avoid.   One is under the gym.  I am a light sleeper and tend to be bothered by sounds.  Not for me.

I have enjoyed the amenities of Aqua Class.  I make use of the Persian Gardens and really enjoy the food and ambience of Blu.  Especially breakfast in Blu.

Enjoy.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There use to be an issue with those cabins on the starboard side under the gym because of the treadmills.   On some ships they have moved  them to the bow section.  I have also seen where they put them out of use in the early morning.  If it is an issue during you cruise talk to GR and they may do that for you. 

If you have are a captain club member you should be able to get an upgrade to a AQ1if one is available.  They are under the pool area and could be noisy during the day time.  Many also don't like them because of the large overhang.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

2 hours ago, miched said:

If you have are a captain club member you should be able to get an upgrade to a AQ1if one is available.  They are under the pool area and could be noisy during the day time.  Many also don't like them because of the large overhang.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Exactly! On S class we decline the upgrade to A1 and choose A2 - however, under the spa or salon.

Ooooh, thank you all so much for the useful info! I do have a spa appointment on embarkation day, so that will be the perfect moment to check where the treadmills are located. I'm pretty sure I'll be enjoying this cruise and there is no need to worry. On to a happy cruise!

I have been in 1502, 1504, 1508, 1520 and 1540. The only cabin we had trouble with was 1508. Someone with a VERY heavy foot would run at 2:00am every night. Since we were in that cabin for 3 weeks - we requested to be moved and they did - ship was not full. That was 2 years ago. I believe they have rectified the situation and moved the tread mill. It was the very last treadmill that we heard. On all the other cruises - we were never bothered by the gym.

• Thanks 1

Take advantage of the solarium in the front of the ship. When I can't sleep - I take my book and go up and read. I enjoy the quiet and it doesn't disturb my husband when I can't sleep - which is a lot! 

• Thanks 1

From recollection the treadmills are under starboard port side. We prefer the bow section on S-class Aqua because of access to the gym and DW likes Spa Cafe. Try to stay under the beauty therapy rooms or Spa Cafe. I imagine under the lessons area on the Port side would be okay until the morning stretch sessions ?8am.

Our last S-class was in cabin 1542 on Soltice which was fine. 

I always check this thread too: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/863876-s-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/page/123/#comment-61504745

• Like 1