Princess email "Excursions 20% off on your cruise" Not really.

Yehootu

I received an email last night for 20% off on excursions on our October 2024 Coral Princess Transpacific cruise. 

We're not big fans of big bus herd excursions and usually stay away from ship offered ones. One of our stops is in Hong Kong and after some research I'd decided that the Hoho Bus was best booked through Princess. I booked the excursion last year for $78.00pp. I re-fared our cruise 2 weeks ago and got a good discount. By doing so our excursion was refunded and I had to rebook it. I got my refund and rebooked it for $78.00pp. I looked today at the excursion after getting the email and it seems Princess was so kind to me to give me the 20% off last year. The price with the 20% discount is..............$78.00pp. 

Screen Shot 2024-05-30 at 6.06.03 AM.png

• Haha 8

Yep!  I checked our upcoming excursions to see if they were discounted, and while it says they are, they are not (I checked my confirmation booking for the original price).  The previous time they went on sale, they were a penny cheaper.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I received an email last night for 20% off on excursions on our October 2024 Coral Princess Transpacific cruise. 

We're not big fans of big bus herd excursions and usually stay away from ship offered ones. One of our stops is in Hong Kong and after some research I'd decided that the Hoho Bus was best booked through Princess. I booked the excursion last year for $78.00pp. I re-fared our cruise 2 weeks ago and got a good discount. By doing so our excursion was refunded and I had to rebook it. I got my refund and rebooked it for $78.00pp. I looked today at the excursion after getting the email and it seems Princess was so kind to me to give me the 20% off last year. The price with the 20% discount is..............$78.00pp. 

are you trying to compare a last year price to a current year price?  No increase seems like a pretty sweet deal to me

7 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I had paid for my Hawaii cruise excursions.  I also received 20% discount email.  The 20% discount was the same price I had paid.  After the 20% discount finished, the excursion prices when up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

are you trying to compare a last year price to a current year price?  No increase seems like a pretty sweet deal to me

May 14th I had to rebook excursion. So 2weeks. What do you think?

Just take it as a notification that the excursion prices are going up after this no sale.    It can always go higher.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I booked the excursion last year for $78.00pp. I re-fared our cruise 2 weeks ago and got a good discount. By doing so our excursion was refunded and I had to rebook it. I got my refund and rebooked it for $78.00pp. I looked today at the excursion after getting the email and it seems Princess was so kind to me to give me the 20% off last year. The price with the 20% discount is..............$78.00pp. 

2 weeks?

last year?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, voljeep said:

2 weeks?

last year?

What don't you understand? Yes I booked it last year. Then I rebooked it 2 weeks ago after I did a refare and Princess couldn't transfer the excursion. Now I point out that the excursion price is the same after Princess says that the "Price reflects discount". What is your point ? There is NO discount and it can be booked today for the same price I booked, TWICE. What's the point of the email stating 20% off. Seems you know more than I do about simple math. Is it due to your "Altered State"?. Please share.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys might have a different sale to us downunder but ours says "Up to 20% off" which fits right in with their 0% off that they have on most of their excursions that I have looked at 🙄

• Like 2

I didn’t get an email, but I just booked an excursion in Darwin that I had been thinking about for a while. The price was $229.95 AUD as opposed to $269.95 I saw a few weeks ago. The $40 saving is not 20%, but the banner advertising the sale did say UpTo 20% off in Australia.

39 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I didn’t get an email, but I just booked an excursion in Darwin that I had been thinking about for a while. The price was $229.95 AUD as opposed to $269.95 I saw a few weeks ago. The $40 saving is not 20%, but the banner advertising the sale did say UpTo 20% off in Australia.

That’s my experience too. No email from Princess, but some decent savings on excursions priced in AUD that we have been considering for our Australia and New Zealand cruises in January. 
seachelt

The last time Princess had a sale on excursions, some of mine were the same price but some were lower. So I canceled and rebooked them. And never got a credit to my CC or saw the difference in OBC.

So now I have to make a phone call and I hate making phone calls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today I noticed that for my January 2025 cruise just about all excursions ( a few exceptions) have jumped in price 20%.  I figure this is a prelude to them sending me some exciting news about excursions being on sale for 20% off soon.  In reality, the handful that did not increase will be the only ones with any real discount - and they are not very appealing - hence why they might be going on sale.