My Time Dining Reservations

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Usually 90 days before your sail date

I booked MTD reservations in May 2023 for April 2024 Oasis and Nov. 2024 Odyssey.

Maybe it's changed since then?

Edited by Another_Critic

Apparently it's up to the whims of Royal these days. We are on Brilliance next week and the first sign of any events on the planner appeared last week 20 days out. All of the evening shows for the trip have still yet to show up and we are now 10 days out. The dining menus have been screwed up since the cruise appeared on the app and several nights don't even show menus, I've gone to other BOTS bookings on the app and it appears that way on all of them. I've even deleted the app and re-downloaded, no change. Luckily I was able to make reservations for the first 2 nights and in the past we've found they usually tell us to just come at the same time the rest of the trip if we're happy with that time, so hoping for that same experience again this time.

IMO the lack of regularity as to when different things appear on the planner for bookings may have to do with the preparation necessary with setting prices and schedules for the items available on the planner for each itinerary.  It may also have to do with booking cycles and reaching a certain level of confirmed bookings on a given itinerary that may trigger planner release timing. Just speculating.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Usually 6:45 PM.

tyvm last October on Oasis we couldn't get anything before 7:45. As a matter of fact we did have some earlier but Royal changed them to 8pm with one being 8:15pm. What's the point of picking your times if Royal is going to arbitrarily change the time.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

tyvm last October on Oasis we couldn't get anything before 7:45. As a matter of fact we did have some earlier but Royal changed them to 8pm with one being 8:15pm. What's the point of picking your times if Royal is going to arbitrarily change the time.

In our experience the times typically commence around 6:30 or, with the earlier times tending to book quickly once open on the planner. Your inability to book anything before 7:45 likely was based on availability at the time you booked. We've also never experienced a situation where the cruise line changed a confirmed booked time.  That seems unusual.  Did you contact them for an explanation? Just curious.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

MTD rezzies recently opened for our Utopia sailing (9-13) and I was surprised to see a reservation time of 6:30, which we promptly snagged.

The times between 6:30 and 7:30 are very popular and tend to book fast.  But as mentioned in our experience, 6:30 or so is the typical early time available.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Trying to book MTD for my Sept. Symphony cruise.  I keep erroring out when adding to cart.  Tried 3 different browsers + the app.  😞

It can be "sensitive".  You just have to be sure you are entering all party information and confirming everything before placing it in the cart.  Also I believe each day has to be entered and completed individually then confirmed before moving on to the next.  

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It can be "sensitive".  You just have to be sure you are entering all party information and confirming everything before placing it in the cart.  Also I believe each day has to be entered and completed individually then confirmed before moving on to the next.  

Thanks, I'm familiar with how it works (i.e., Been there, Done that).

FYI - I tried again on the app and was successful.

Can we book a MTD time onboard? I'm having a similar issue where only 1 night is showing available to book a time on my upcoming June 23rd cruise. I can't book a dining time for any other night. I've been checking the website and the app since I booked, and most of the time there has been nothing available to book.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks, I'm familiar with how it works (i.e., Been there, Done that).

FYI - I tried again on the app and was successful.

I get it. Just suggesting based on our own at times frustrating experiences.

16 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

In our experience the times typically commence around 6:30 or, with the earlier times tending to book quickly once open on the planner. Your inability to book anything before 7:45 likely was based on availability at the time you booked. We've also never experienced a situation where the cruise line changed a confirmed booked time.  That seems unusual.  Did you contact them for an explanation? Just curious.

this was for our cruise on Oasis last year sailing 10/22/23. We booked on 6/23/23. I went in to book the dining the day they opened which was 8/6/23. 

I did not question them on the change of times. We went with another couple and they said not to worry about it. So we just went with it.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I did not question them on the change of times. We went with another couple and they said not to worry about it. So we just went with it.

I was only curious as, when we would eat in the MDR, we have booked MTD since it was introduced and although we have had times when getting the desired reservation times was difficult, we have never had them changed by the cruise line once set. Just seems very unusual.

• Like 1

Just booked my time for our Nov. Cruise. Couldn't do it in that app, but could on the website. Now that we have times, will there be any issue getting a table for 2 or does the my time DR have plenty?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, bruce85 said:

Just booked my time for our Nov. Cruise. Couldn't do it in that app, but could on the website. Now that we have times, will there be any issue getting a table for 2 or does the my time DR have plenty?

Plenty of 2 tops.  But many are inches apart from each other.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

You can email rcldining@rccl.com about 2 weeks or so prior to your sailing date to request a 2 top.  Just include your ship name, sailing date, and booking number with the request.  They will read the email and review your request, but may or may not respond back.  Just go to the maître d after you board to follow up if you don't hear back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I was only curious as, when we would eat in the MDR, we have booked MTD since it was introduced and although we have had times when getting the desired reservation times was difficult, we have never had them changed by the cruise line once set. Just seems very unusual.

It was on 2 nights. They changes were minimal by maybe 30 minutes. I've never heard of that happening before either. I liked MTD when it was first introduced. Next Royal cruise I'll just book early dining.🙂

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 12:18 AM, Another_Critic said:

Usually 6:45 PM.

I just booked MTD reservations for an October cruise on Symphony and the earliest I saw for any of the days was 6:45. I wonder what happens if you show up earlier? My experience in the past was that it didn't really matter, so long as you had a reservation, unless the line for people with reservations doesn't open until 6:45.