Azamara and Perry Golf - pricing and booking?

rodndonna

10 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Has anyone been on a theme cruise (like a golf cruise) but only because you wanted to be on the cruise and had no interest in the "theme?" Wondering how it would be to not be a part of that group. (One of the cruises I'm looking at is a golf cruise but I don't golf).

It's a non issue with Perry Golf. I've been on a few cruises as an 'ordinary' guest. Totally unobtrusive. They are very well organised and have an excellent rapport with Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Has anyone been on a theme cruise (like a golf cruise) but only because you wanted to be on the cruise and had no interest in the "theme?" Wondering how it would be to not be a part of that group. (One of the cruises I'm looking at is a golf cruise but I don't golf).

If you are talking about a Perry Golf cruise as I said in Post 13 above, no issues indeed the group adds to the cruise experience rather than detracts. Often the men are golfing and the ladies go as singles on excursions or start to team up with non golfing guests during the day. To be honest I look for Perry Golf cruises when choosing my cruises despite being at crazy golf skill level and never played a round of proper golf in my life 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree with uktog.

In our experience, two members of a golfing couple are happy. The one has golf to enjoy and the other is off sightseeing or shopping. Almost all seem to be very happy indeed with the experience and their choice.

As a result they have a positive impact upon the whole cruise “vibe.”

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, nordski said:

Totally agree with uktog.

In our experience, two members of a golfing couple are happy. The one has golf to enjoy and the other is off sightseeing or shopping. Almost all seem to be very happy indeed with the experience and their choice.

As a result they have a positive impact upon the whole cruise “vibe.”

And sometimes - both of them golf ...😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So nice to hear all the positive comments about Perry Golf guests! Four out of five of our AZ cruises have been as part of the Perry Golf group (Two Open  Championship cruises, 1 Baltic, 1 Scotland Intensive) and we are booked next May on Mediterranean Islands. We actually “Discovered” AZ through Perry Golf. Husband is an avid golfer and I am an avid non-golfer and it is such a perfect fit for us as all the social events enables us to meet more people and it is a nice balance of organized activities and independence. We always do what I will refer to as a “three-way” booking…usually book onboard AZ for those benefits, transfer to our own travel agent for personal service and some additional benefits, and then book my husband’s golf package with Perry. We have never had any issues with this. Yes, it initially seems pricey but there is a lot of value there with excellent service, convenience, access to some incredible courses, transportation and social events. In general - cost of the golf package has ranged from $2,500 - $4,500 for each golfer … The Open Championship cruise is always more expensive because it includes attendance at the last day of The Open…my husband would go every year if I agreed to it…that’s how amazing it is! The one AZ cruise we took without Perry Golf was Pursuit’s Maiden Voyage to Norway…and while that was a wonderful experience…we missed being part of a Perry Golf group! I am happy to answer questions.

Edited by AllisonJames
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, AllisonJames said:

The one AZ cruise we took without Perry Golf was Pursuit’s Maiden Voyage to Norway…and while that was a wonderful experience…we missed being part of a Perry Golf group! I am happy to answer questions.

Your husband must be a really good golfer if he would contemplate a round on the side of a Norwegian Fjord!  😉

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 12:56 PM, rodndonna said:

Indeed - best not to just not think about "value" when it comes to "cruise" golfing  and why it would be a "one of" ... very hard to justify (even with my lackluster golf game allowing for plenty of shots!).

PapaFej gets much more value out of golfing than my dad and brother do. He takes significantly more strokes per round than most folks. 

Nonetheless, it looks like we have finally convinced my dad to do Perry Golf cruises. He's been reluctant to be a "third wheel" traveling with us, no matter how many times we've told him he won't be and that lots of single folks cruise. He can afford the single supplement. He is now seeing someone and they are on a four day road trip. They are taking an Alaska cruise in August. If all goes well this week, I think we will be putting down deposits on cabins my TA friend is holding for us on B2Bs next year. We will be on a Perry Golf cruise, not golfing, in February, so we will get to see it from both sides. 

Anyway, here are some links that @rodndonna and others may find helpful. I believe these links meet the intent of the rules here, as they are informational, do not promote a TA (at least we are booking through our own), and are links, not "articles." If they are not okay, I imagine they will be removed quickly. My intentions are good. 

Perry Golf Cruising     

To find the golf pricing, go to the particular cruise you are interested in, scroll down, then select "Pricing" from right side of the horizontal menu.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>⬇️

golf.thumb.png.04a6fafc3341549224c6929517788757.png

For our cruises, there are 5 rounds of golf for $4745, and $5745 for 6 rounds. Both are 12 day cruises, and include the Experience More package ($300 Shore Ex credit, Internet for ONE, and Premium beverages for two. No, I don't know why both people don't get internet, but that's what it says in multiple places).  Yes, it is VERY pricey. This is about making memories with my 82 year-old dad and my brother and SIL. Our family has decided that this opportunity makes sense for us. It will not make sense for everyone. 

Perry Golf What's Included

Perry Golf Cruise FAQs

I'm not sure where I've seen it in writing, but I know I have seen that non-golfing companions are invited to onboard social events for the golfers such as a welcome aboard cocktail party. The cocktail party is mentioned in this video

Your timing is good, @rodndonna, as I've been doing research for this the last few days, and the links were handy. 

Edited by MamaFej
image did not upload
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

PapaFej gets much more value out of golfing than my dad and brother do. He takes significantly more strokes per round than most folks. 

Nonetheless, it looks like we have finally convinced my dad to do Perry Golf cruises. He's been reluctant to be a "third wheel" traveling with us, no matter how many times we've told him he won't be and that lots of single folks cruise. He can afford the single supplement. He is now seeing someone and they are on a four day road trip. They are taking an Alaska cruise in August. If all goes well this week, I think we will be putting down deposits on cabins my TA friend is holding for us on B2Bs next year. We will be on a Perry Golf cruise, not golfing, in February, so we will get to see it from both sides. 

Anyway, here are some links that @rodndonna and others may find helpful. I believe these links meet the intent of the rules here, as they are informational, do not promote a TA (at least we are booking through our own), and are links, not "articles." If they are not okay, I imagine they will be removed quickly. My intentions are good. 

Perry Golf Cruising     

To find the golf pricing, go to the particular cruise you are interested in, scroll down, then select "Pricing" from right side of the horizontal menu.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>⬇️

golf.thumb.png.04a6fafc3341549224c6929517788757.png

For our cruises, there are 5 rounds of golf for $4745, and $5745 for 6 rounds. Both are 12 day cruises, and include the Experience More package ($300 Shore Ex credit, Internet for ONE, and Premium beverages for two. No, I don't know why both people don't get internet, but that's what it says in multiple places).  Yes, it is VERY pricey. This is about making memories with my 82 year-old dad and my brother and SIL. Our family has decided that this opportunity makes sense for us. It will not make sense for everyone. 

Perry Golf What's Included

Perry Golf Cruise FAQs

I'm not sure where I've seen it in writing, but I know I have seen that non-golfing companions are invited to onboard social events for the golfers such as a welcome aboard cocktail party. The cocktail party is mentioned in this video

Your timing is good, @rodndonna, as I've been doing research for this the last few days, and the links were handy. 

If I am lucky enough at 82 to still be able to swing a golf club, there will be no effort required to convince me to go on a Perry Golf cruise! Its sounds like a wonderful way to make memories with your family,

You are right - at that price it's not for everyone - but it definitely offers a very unique holiday experience (especially for golfers).  We love cruise holidays and we love golf holidays .... what could be better.

The more research I do, I am pretty sure after our first PerryGolf (looked closely at Med next fall) we will be hooked and it will become an annual thing for us (at least until I am 83!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

If I am lucky enough at 82 to still be able to swing a golf club, there will be no effort required to convince me to go on a Perry Golf cruise! Its sounds like a wonderful way to make memories with your family,

Dad golfs at least 3 times a week. PapaFej golfs with him when we are actually home or RVing nearby. When we leave for our next cruise trip on Saturday, we will have spent a total of 52 nights at home this year. 

The golf is a real budget-killer, but Hubby spent decades working, on average, 70-90 hours a week (fire investigator) and he has earned the right to go play. I just wish he was into something less expensive, like bowling... or Frisbee. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Hubby spent decades working, on average, 70-90 hours a week (fire investigator) and he has earned the right to go play. I just wish he was into something less expensive, like bowling... or Frisbee.

Or surfing Cruise Critic for hours a day ... free!  and priceless!  🤣  [except when it leads you to book more cruises...]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2