Drink Packages

Heimey

Hello everyone. My wife and I just booked our third Celebrity cruise. I thought I had read on here that drink packages get offered sometimes at a discount. My wife doesn’t drink enough to warrant it at full price. She maybe drinks 2 or 3 a day. Does anybody know if that is correct or was I just wishing it true lol. 

thanks a lot

Heimey

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heimey said:

Hello everyone. My wife and I just booked our third Celebrity cruise. I thought I had read on here that drink packages get offered sometimes at a discount. My wife doesn’t drink enough to warrant it at full price. She maybe drinks 2 or 3 a day. Does anybody know if that is correct or was I just wishing it true lol. 

thanks a lot

Heimey

Hi fellow Londoner...(Canada..lol).  There are many current threads/pages on this topic...search for 'drink package'.   If it helps, it seems the discount is offered on only certain cruises, so what one person receives another doesn't.    I'm waiting for a discount, other than Elite +, myself....

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Heimey said:

thanks a lot

Heimey

It is almost $120 CAD a day for classic package with tips , which are drinks up to $10 USD , so with tips that is $16.37 CAD 

Black Friday sale it can up 50% off 

other sales are about 35% off

But you should almost start a spread sheet and keep checking prices , and don’t just look at % off, as Celebrity will raise the price and than give a larger % off but it will be a higher price 🤬

Also both passengers in the cabin must get the package 

Check the Cruise Planner regularly as flash sales can pop up at any time, frequently around holidays.  Another way to find out about a flash sales that includes your sailing to to join the Roll Call for your cruise.  When someone on the Roll Call notices a flash sale they generally post that info so others can check it out.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Also both passengers in the cabin must get the package 

This is what it says, but if one person in your party drinks and another doesn't, as is the case with us (DW doesn't drink, I do), you can call Celebrity and request that the non-drinking person be allowed to purchase the less expensive (non-alcohol) package instead of the alcohol package, and they will arrange it for you.

For our next sailing on Summit, I have the premium alcohol package, and DW has the basic non- alcohol package. It only took one simple phone call to customer service to set it up, and they were very accommodating. But you do have to make the phone call, as it's not advertised they will do this, because of course they're counting on you not to be aware of this, and to just buy the alcohol package for both persons (as the rules read).
Saved us over $400 for our sailing..

• Like 1

Thank you all! I appreciate your input. KroozNut, you were absolutely correct. I called and what you said was spot on. Thank you..

Heimey

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

KROOZ NUT   Was there a specific phone # you used or did you have to pick a topic?    I am in a prime verandah cabin with my 14 & 16 year old grandchildren. 

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

On 6/2/2024 at 3:52 PM, Heimey said:

Thank you all! I appreciate your input. KroozNut, you were absolutely correct. I called and what you said was spot on. Thank you..

Heimey

And they will expect you not to share 2-3 of your alcoholic beverages with her.  She can enjoy the premium non alcoholic package.  If you share your alcoholic package with her, exceptions like that may dissappear in the future.  It isn't a reduced package for those that don't drink much, it is a replacement for the alcoholic package that doesn't include alcohol.

1 hour ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

KROOZ NUT   Was there a specific phone # you used or did you have to pick a topic?    I am in a prime verandah cabin with my 14 & 16 year old grandchildren. 

Phone captain club number 

2 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Just their customer service line connecting to one of their agents. Any one of them should be able to assist with this.

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Phone captain club number 

I just used their main number, and the agent I spoke with seemed very familiar, and knowledgeable about the request.

1 hour ago, FeliciaB said:

It isn't a reduced package for those that don't drink much, it is a replacement for the alcoholic package that doesn't include alcohol.

Right, and that replacement (non-alcohol) package is a lot less expensive than the alcohol package, making the total cost significantly less expensive overall.