Sirena: Just boarded | Sevilla to Dublin

clairol

This is our seventh Oceana Cruise. First on Sirena. Third on one of the small ships. We are in a penthouse. Just spent three nights in Sevilla. On Sirena - Sevilla to Dublin - 6/4 to 6/14. We have Simply More - 1st time. “Simply More” than happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, sit back and enjoy your cruise.  Hope you write and post about your cruise-the excellent, the good and the bad or just so-so.  Safe and enjoyable travel🛳️.  And thank you in advance for taking the time.

• Like 1

We've got 22 nights on Sirena London to Stockholm & Stockholm to Copenhagen starting in late August so take good care of her. We enjoyed her immensely in the Caribbean 11/2022.

• Like 2

If you don't mind, what cabin (or area of the ship) are you in and do you hear noise from deck 9? We are looking at booking a Penthouse on Sirena and they are only on deck 8 with the Terrace Cafe, etc. directly above.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Our son just got married Saturday and is spending his honeymoon on Sirena for the Seville to Dublin segment. Their first Oceania cruise was on Riviera18 months ago for their engagement.

They are in their early 30s. Their cabin is almost completely forward on deck 7.

We are also hoping that this is a good sailing.  We have 21 Oceania sailings under our belt.  Have sailed all of the ships except Sirena. So we could not relate anything to them other than what we have experienced on the other R ships.

BTW, they boarded the ship today.  After flying overnight he texted us that at 6'3" and about 185 pounds he found the "small" shower to be "fully functional" for him.

We will be watching this thread. Thanks!

Edited by willidc
omitted word
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, willidc said:

... he texted us that at 6'3" and about 185 pounds he found the "small" shower to be "fully functional" for him.... .

Spent 10 nights on Sirena 11/2022. I'm 6'2" and 180ish. Same here: "fully functional". Just had to learn to properly open the doors while showering and drying off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kibutzer said:

Curious can you find out name of CD, and GM?

On this June 4 Sirena sailing, the CD's name is Dottie Kolusa.  Our contacts on the ship did not know at this point who is the GM .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NanciEA said:

If you don't mind, what cabin (or area of the ship) are you in and do you hear noise from deck 9? We are looking at booking a Penthouse on Sirena and they are only on deck 8 with the Terrace Cafe, etc. directly above.

Not on this current cruise, but in February we were on Sirena in suite 8057, which is below the TC.  We did hear some rolling of the carts when they were doing set up and take down of the buffet stations. Of course for most of these situations we were not in our room for take down after breakfast (off ship) and most for lunch (off ship) and for dinner as usually out and about on the ship. I guess when most noticeable was on a sea day and we were in our room more often during these times. Even then it would typically be for only 20 minutes or so and still not crazy loud.  With regard to early breakfast set up….if for some reason I was already awake I would hear it, but it never actually woke us up. And we are both pretty light sleepers.  

• Like 2

On 6/4/2024 at 9:12 PM, NanciEA said:

We are Suite 8049. Not only directly under deck nine… as obviously all are on deck nine … but we are right near the elevators. Have not heard a single peep or disturbance from the outside world. However, we were out early this morning for an excursion to Cordoba. And we did head up to horizons (then Tuscan Steak with a prime stern facing table) as soon as we got back so we could enjoy the spectacular trip from Sevilla to the Atlantic Ocean. Can’t complain!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, willidc said:

Our son just got married Saturday and is spending his honeymoon on Sirena for the Seville to Dublin segment. Their first Oceania cruise was on Riviera18 months ago for their engagement.

They are in their early 30s. Their cabin is almost completely forward on deck 7.

We are also hoping that this is a good sailing.  We have 21 Oceania sailings under our belt.  Have sailed all of the ships except Sirena. So we could not relate anything to them other than what we have experienced on the other R ships.

BTW, they boarded the ship today.  After flying overnight he texted us that at 6'3" and about 185 pounds he found the "small" shower to be "fully functional" for him.

We will be watching this thread. Thanks!

I hope that we see them to wish them congratulations on their marriage. 

4 minutes ago, clairol said:

GM IS Yves Segres. CD is Dottie Kulasa. 

Idle curiosity—would you happen to know if they’ll still be on in August? We’ve sailed several times with Dottie and her husband, the comedian, but never with Yves. 

25 minutes ago, SophieM said:

Idle curiosity—would you happen to know if they’ll still be on in August? We’ve sailed several times with Dottie and her husband, the comedian, but never with Yves. 

No idea. But I will see if I can find out…

Some photos from when we first boarded of the suite. I think I mentioned, we haven’t been on one of the smaller boats in a while. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to the penthouse. It seemed bigger and brighter than we remembered. Staff, as always, is absolutely fantastic. We ran into an old friend (the wonderful Honorath) who has been with us on two previous cruises. We call him our long lost cousin! Food at GDR last night and Tuscan Polo tonight have been on point. The excursion we took today through the boat was great. Obviously, not like a private excursion, we usually book ourselves, but good for a large group tour. The “port” of Sevilla… leaves something to be desired. It’s a bunch of old abandoned buildings. It’s quite a walk… which I can testify to!!… into and back from town. There was a shuttle bus. However, it was neither very well organized nor clearly advertised as to when it came and went. I will say, the trip from Sevilla to the Atlantic ocean makes up for that. Absolutely spectacular! Complete with an unexpected lock. Also with so much daylight at this time of year, you can truly enjoy it. Sunset was amazing.

IMG_4373.jpeg

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_4382.jpeg

IMG_4385.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SophieM said:

According to her husband Tom Drake's website, they get off of Serena on August 10 for vacation.

Thank you for the great pictures. You answered one of my questions. Are fresh flowers still awaiting you in your cabin along with the champagne. I didn’t see any fresh cut ones.

1 hour ago, Thought2go said:

Thank you for the great pictures. You answered one of my questions. Are fresh flowers still awaiting you in your cabin along with the champagne. I didn’t see any fresh cut ones.

I think there’s an option of fresh cut flowers as a bon voyage gift. But there are orchids in the suites. My favorite!

• Like 1

Meeting some lovely people on this cruise. Some Oceania veterans some newbies. Age seems to be skewing younger (or it’s just that I’m getting older - probably a combo). A few families on board with pre-teen to teen to 20s children. Never seen that. Good overall mix. Just arriving in Lisbon today. We usually enjoy breakfast at Terrace, sitting outside with a gorgeous view! But, when we have an early morning tour booked, IMG_4644.thumb.jpeg.a84430888401b20386318ce46a593409.jpegwe opt for in-room dining. Perfect set up! I will share one tip… Having omelette made in front of you at Terrace is wonderful. The omelette that comes via room service… Not so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3